“It is True a Family Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mikie Holiday Resort

Mikie Holiday Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Berastagi
singapore
“It is True a Family Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed at Mikie Holiday for 1 night ( 8 aug to 9 aug 2013), we have a superior room for 3 persons.

Check in quite smooth but a bit funny experience ^^
I have an extra bed because we are staying 3 persons, I asked what about the breakfast voucher for the extra bed, the check in guy said it will be given when they delivered the extra bed to our room. At the end he gave me the voucher breakfast at the receptionist counter.
They also give dinner voucher and fun land voucher but I only have 2 voucher, the extra person don't get it, I a bit confused about this and ask the guy, but he didn't give me the proper answer.
The next thing is they don't have the room for my driver, after they say okay and I do the payment, suddenly the driver room is full.

I get the room no. 900 something in the ground floor next to the fun land.
About the room, it is clean but still have a left over Kurma and chocolate from break fasting.
The toilet always smelly after you flush it. I think something wrong with their piping.
They didn't give us 3 towels for bathing, I only have 2 towels and I am already to tired to call the guest service and ask for it because we just landed in the morning from Singapore and drive all the way to Berastagi.

I like their breakfast, quite tasty for the bihun bebek and porridge. ^^

It is true a family hotel because of the fun land next to the hotel and the swimming pool not bad on the size but full of the kids, if you are a couple I don't think it's a suitable hotel.

Room Tip: I think you should ask the room far from the fun land if want a peaceful time.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MikieHoliday, General Manager at Mikie Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
We appreciate your feedback on the temperature of the water supply. Thank you for choosing Mikie Holiday Resort for your leisure stay in Berastagi.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

I was staying Mikey holiday on 11 aug 2013 for 1 day, I was booked the hotel for 5 rooms for my big family on deluxe room, at first everything doing fine, I requested 2 room with connecting, until suddenly I felt very cold in the room and I noticed the window was not cover by the glass so the wind blown to the room.When I complained to the receptionist, one of the staff with arrogant telling me that, it is the room design itself, and I requested for the duty mgr to explain but too bad the mgr on duty not available(very surprised the hotel without mgr on duty???).and I have to stand at front desk for almost 1 hour!!!!! Just to wait for the answer???!!!.......finally one of the polite GRO gave the solution either downgrade the room to the available room or fixed the window.hope the hotel can give more training to the staff how to serve the customer nicely

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
MikieHoliday, General Manager at Mikie Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. As the weather in Berastagi has been unpredictable recently, it is certainly a concern in which we will look into the ventilation to manage the condition of the rooms. We would like to apologize also for the way our colleague handled your concerns and will ensure that it should be handled in an appropriate manner. Thank you once again for staying with Mikie Holiday Resort during the holidays.
Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

I stayed during the lebaran season, and the hotel was very crowded. Even during the breakfast, I could hardly walk without running into other people. As it's a family hotel, there were so many kids running around, which I didnt like very much. The breakfast was huge in quantity but low in quality. For example, the coffee was acidic and poor, I couldnt even finish my cup.
The Mikie Value is the new rooms with lower price. It's in a separated building, which makes it quite far to reach other facilities of the hotel such as the restaurant and lobby. However, considering the price (half the regular rooms' price), it was good enough. The rooms are new and clean, and the facilities are enough. The bedroom and bathroom are very nicely designed and decorated. The only down side is that the hot water only runs until 10 pm, and even at 9 the water is not that warm anymore, so you have to wake up earlier in order to enjoy the hot water (which is highly necessary in the cold weather of Brastagi)
I recommend the Mikie Value for good value and nice facilities.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MikieHoliday, General Manager at Mikie Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Thank you very much for your review.. We have taken note on your feedback and appreciate your valuable comments. Once again thank you for selecting Mikie Holiday Resort during the holidays and your recommendation.
Canberra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

I and my son, daughter in law, and their two sons 4YO and 7YO, stayed at the Mikie for two nights in April 2013. The rooms are very good, certainly by Berastagi standards. I stayed in one of the Standard rooms in the lower part of the hotel. It was cleverly designed to make maximum use of the space available - everything worked beautifully, and was excellent value.
Dining area was good, but a little pricier that local restaurants.
The only drawback to the Mikie is that it is about five kms short (Medan side) of the centre of Berastagi. No real trouble if you have your own car and driver, or are comfortable using minibuses, but a nuisance to get home after eating at the (wonderful) Beratagi Night Markets.
Even so, would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try the Standard rooms - a design delight.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MikieHoliday, General Manager at Mikie Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad to know that everything worked well for you and your family. We have noted on offers for transport to the town and will look into possible offerings to our guest. once again, thank you for choosing Mikie Holiday Resort for your accommodation.
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

Our stay at Mikie Holiday was good, but did not offer the best value for money.
Generally, the hotel was clean and seemed to be well set up for families with large, central swimming pools overlooked by the room balconies.
Our room was large and spacious and generally clean, however the bathroom was damp and smelt of mildew. It was nothing drastic and definitely still usable and comfortable, however for the price we paid a higher level of cleanliness would have been good.
The hotel restaurant was comfortable and the food was great.
The staff were polite, providing us with free breakfast vouchers on arrival. The service in the restaurant was friendly but we found we had to get up from our table and approach the waitress each time we needed anything.
Mikie Holiday is located on the very edge of town, with the centre a taxi ride away. The location is quiet, but quite separate from the town itself.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rses
MikieHoliday, General Manager at Mikie Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Thank you for comments and your good stay with Mikie Holiday Resort.. We have also taken note on your comments on the mildew in the room and the attentiveness on our F & B service team. Once again, thank you for selecting Mikie Holiday resort for your leisure accommodation.
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Stay at Mikie Grand room, spacious with 2 king size beds. The receptionist at the front desk doesn't smile at all, speak and move like robot :( when ask about Mikie Funland, she doesn't have any clue and refer me to check the info at the ticket booth.

Check in around 9 pm and sleep til 12 midnight when some noisy and rhythmic sound at the ceiling happens at the interval of every 3 minutes until morning. Really annoying and keeps me awake all night. When I complain to the receptionist, he blames me for not asking to change room. I'm travelling with 2 toddlers and 1 kid, it is midnight and we are very tired of the journey. The kids are all asleep so it's unreasonable to ask for room changing in the middle of the night. The receptionist doesn't apologize at all although I learned from the technician that I came across who works at the room next to mine, saying that they know the problem regarding the pipe above the ceiling at all rooms.They had some rooms fixed earlier those days but unfortunately not mine.So they had already known that the rooms got problem.Why still give us the noisy room? The receptionist argues that he doesn't know about the noisy pipes. Wow, what a great excuse! No coordination from the management regarding this kind of matter. Really disappointing!

Breakfast doesn't have much to offer, since there are only bread to toast and banana cakes. Rice, vermicelli, some curry chicken just taste so so. The dinner served by paying is more satisfying. I think the hotel staffs need to smile and show their teeth more often, hard to see smiling faces around. Surprisingly, the bellboys and cleaning service are more friendlier than the front desk staffs.

Do like the hotel interior and cleanliness. Spacious room and money worth spent. Make sure not to stay at the rooms facing the main road because they have thin walls and you can hear the traffic outside. Have fun at the Funland, the kids really enjoy all the rides.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
MikieHoliday, General Manager at Mikie Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We will certainly ensure that noise problems in the room will be addressed and our team to be guided with more efficient manner. We are also consistently working to improve on our breakfast and the varieties in which we would offer to our guests.

Thank you again for selecting Mike Holiday Resort as your holiday destination.
KL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

We have six people (with elderly people and elder children), staying in one family room and one standard room. Despite of asking for room with less noise, they gave us a family room (Nr 279). It was very closed to the main road. For the whole night, when the heavy vehicles passing-by, you could feel the vibration and it was very noisy. Even with the cool weather, we hardly slept whole night. And for the standard room, it is not connected to the family room, so it was very inconvenience.

Room Tip: Please choose the correct room, or you will have a sleepless night
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
MikieHoliday, General Manager at Mikie Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We have taken note and will look at the affected room that you have stayed in and will look into it and resolve the noise level that is affecting the rooms. Thank you for choosing Mikie Holiday Resort as your leisure destination.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berastagi
Hotel Sibayak International
Taman Simalem Resort
Serdika Pavilion
Serdika Pavilion
#5 of 14 in Berastagi

Been to Mikie Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!