“Luxury room in Berastagi!”

Mikie Holiday Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Berastagi
Malacca, Melaka, Malaysia
“Luxury room in Berastagi!”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The rooms is clean indeed. Breakfast is average. Overall, my family and I have a comfortable stay at here.
There will be extra charges for theme park and theme park may not open for off-peak season.

I have book it

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
MikieHoliday, General Manager at Mikie Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
We are glad to know that your family had a comfortable stay with Mikie Holiday Resort. Thank you for choosing us as your choice of accommodation in Berastagi, Medan.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Malaysia
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We decided to spend a night in this hotel because it has a water park next to it. Unfortunately it only opens on Fri, Sat and Sun. We checked into this hotel in late Sunday evening, so we can't get to check out the theme park.

Upon arrival, we were treated with complementary welcome drink at the lounge. The service was good. The receptionist was kind. A staff carried our luggage to our room, which was located about 30m from hotel lobby. There were many steps in between and he had to carry 3 cabin luggages.

The room was clean and spacious. We booked a room with extra bed but found that the extra bed was not setup upon arrival. We did found a mattress in the corridor. We also ran into a problem where there was no hot water. This was resolved in short moment by their maintenance after a call to the reception. No hair dryer in the room and we have to request one.

The breakfast was above average. There were many choices to choose from. However the milk (for cornflakes) was found to be over diluted.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback. As for the theme park, it is operational during weekends. We are glad to know that your stay was comfortable and also selected Mikie Holiday Resort as your leisure travel.
jakarta
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Stayed here one night on 6 Aug. There was no scenic mountain view to enjoy from the room, but the yard was, indeed, very clean. There was Fun Land, theme park, suitable for visitors with children. Breakfast and overall service was average.

Room looked luxurious, but with dark colors dominating the interior, and bare floor with no rug/carpet at all, made the room felt very cold/bleak. The shower water was NOT even warm, to counter the chilly-mountain-evening-temperature! Too bad, as this is actually the most critical point for a luxurious hotel located in a chilling mountainous area!

1 Thank n0ni
MikieHoliday, General Manager at Mikie Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for your feedback on the hot water supply and the ambience of the room. Recently we have improved on the hot water system and also currently working on the changes for the interior of the rooms. Thank you fr selecting Mikie Holiday Resort for your leisure travel.
singapore
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed at Mikie Holiday for 1 night ( 8 aug to 9 aug 2013), we have a superior room for 3 persons.

Check in quite smooth but a bit funny experience ^^
I have an extra bed because we are staying 3 persons, I asked what about the breakfast voucher for the extra bed, the check in guy said it will be given when they delivered the extra bed to our room. At the end he gave me the voucher breakfast at the receptionist counter.
They also give dinner voucher and fun land voucher but I only have 2 voucher, the extra person don't get it, I a bit confused about this and ask the guy, but he didn't give me the proper answer.
The next thing is they don't have the room for my driver, after they say okay and I do the payment, suddenly the driver room is full.

I get the room no. 900 something in the ground floor next to the fun land.
About the room, it is clean but still have a left over Kurma and chocolate from break fasting.
The toilet always smelly after you flush it. I think something wrong with their piping.
They didn't give us 3 towels for bathing, I only have 2 towels and I am already to tired to call the guest service and ask for it because we just landed in the morning from Singapore and drive all the way to Berastagi.

I like their breakfast, quite tasty for the bihun bebek and porridge. ^^

It is true a family hotel because of the fun land next to the hotel and the swimming pool not bad on the size but full of the kids, if you are a couple I don't think it's a suitable hotel.

Room Tip: I think you should ask the room far from the fun land if want a peaceful time.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
MikieHoliday, General Manager at Mikie Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
We appreciate your feedback on the temperature of the water supply. Thank you for choosing Mikie Holiday Resort for your leisure stay in Berastagi.
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I was staying Mikey holiday on 11 aug 2013 for 1 day, I was booked the hotel for 5 rooms for my big family on deluxe room, at first everything doing fine, I requested 2 room with connecting, until suddenly I felt very cold in the room and I noticed the window was not cover by the glass so the wind blown to the room.When I complained to the receptionist, one of the staff with arrogant telling me that, it is the room design itself, and I requested for the duty mgr to explain but too bad the mgr on duty not available(very surprised the hotel without mgr on duty???).and I have to stand at front desk for almost 1 hour!!!!! Just to wait for the answer???!!!.......finally one of the polite GRO gave the solution either downgrade the room to the available room or fixed the window.hope the hotel can give more training to the staff how to serve the customer nicely

• Stayed August 2013
MikieHoliday, General Manager at Mikie Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. As the weather in Berastagi has been unpredictable recently, it is certainly a concern in which we will look into the ventilation to manage the condition of the rooms. We would like to apologize also for the way our colleague handled your concerns and will ensure that it should be handled in an appropriate manner. Thank you once again for staying with Mikie Holiday Resort during the holidays.
Jakarta
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I stayed during the lebaran season, and the hotel was very crowded. Even during the breakfast, I could hardly walk without running into other people. As it's a family hotel, there were so many kids running around, which I didnt like very much. The breakfast was huge in quantity but low in quality. For example, the coffee was acidic and poor, I couldnt even finish my cup.
The Mikie Value is the new rooms with lower price. It's in a separated building, which makes it quite far to reach other facilities of the hotel such as the restaurant and lobby. However, considering the price (half the regular rooms' price), it was good enough. The rooms are new and clean, and the facilities are enough. The bedroom and bathroom are very nicely designed and decorated. The only down side is that the hot water only runs until 10 pm, and even at 9 the water is not that warm anymore, so you have to wake up earlier in order to enjoy the hot water (which is highly necessary in the cold weather of Brastagi)
I recommend the Mikie Value for good value and nice facilities.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
MikieHoliday, General Manager at Mikie Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Thank you very much for your review.. We have taken note on your feedback and appreciate your valuable comments. Once again thank you for selecting Mikie Holiday Resort during the holidays and your recommendation.
Canberra
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I and my son, daughter in law, and their two sons 4YO and 7YO, stayed at the Mikie for two nights in April 2013. The rooms are very good, certainly by Berastagi standards. I stayed in one of the Standard rooms in the lower part of the hotel. It was cleverly designed to make maximum use of the space available - everything worked beautifully, and was excellent value.
Dining area was good, but a little pricier that local restaurants.
The only drawback to the Mikie is that it is about five kms short (Medan side) of the centre of Berastagi. No real trouble if you have your own car and driver, or are comfortable using minibuses, but a nuisance to get home after eating at the (wonderful) Beratagi Night Markets.
Even so, would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try the Standard rooms - a design delight.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
MikieHoliday, General Manager at Mikie Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad to know that everything worked well for you and your family. We have noted on offers for transport to the town and will look into possible offerings to our guest. once again, thank you for choosing Mikie Holiday Resort for your accommodation.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berastagi
Hotel Sibayak International
Hotel Tiara Bunga
Hotel Tiara Bunga
#4 of 7 in Samosir Island
Sinabung Hills Hotel & Cottage

Been to Mikie Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!