“Pleasant Stay...Good Rooms...Bathroom not good”
Review of Cinderella Hotel

and 1 more site!
Cinderella Hotel
Ranked #1 of 19 Mawlamyine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I was in Mawlamyine yesterday and I had booked myself in Cinderalla hotel after reading all the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. I had booked the 45$ room know as Jade room...The room was big...airy...had a lot of amenities like iron table, hair dryer etc....Had a fully packed minibar. The staff were very polite and well spoken...the decor with the lovely art and craft around was soothing. But still I feel that room was a bit overpriced like everything in Myanmar right now. But this fact can be overlooked. But a few things that need a serious review are as below :
1. Bathroom - I am really sad to inform the bathroom is really really pathetic. Please upgrade immediately. The water even back flows and the drainage is not adequate.

2. Breakfast : I was expecting a Buffet at 45$ in Mawlamyine. The breakfast was inadequate for a large man like me.

Everything else was good.

Room Tip: I stayed in the best room they have. It was just ok. Choose from those only. The rooms are named as...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jayker293925

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I was on business trip and this hotel was recommended by my colleagues. I got room 203 with full amenities such as tooth brush, hair dryer, welcome drink and fruits etc. for 30000 kyat about 35 USD as corporate price. Staff were very helpful and service was very good for such a low price as Myanmar becoming one of the most expensive places in the region. Only thing is the bath room is a bit orn out. The wall were not properly painted and wooden door got mood. Their restaurant was pretty good too. They even served us fresh lime juice as complementary. Another thing I did not like is music played at 6 am which was too early and woke me up. I am not sure it was loud for other rooms but 203 as at the corner.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank shwezinhs
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I read about Cinderella Hotel from a blog post on the internet.
It was a very positive feedback from travellers who went from Yangoon to Khaito, then Moulmein.

I booked for a single room, with aircon, bathroom attached. Price is 22$USD per night. Very affordable.
You cannot get cheaper price with this hotel's service.
I got a lot of information from the reception desk. They are really nice people when I had to send my laptop to safe box multi times. And in fact this is the best hotel I experience in my Myanmar trip.

Forget to mention that there is a nice restaurant if you are lazy to eat outside.

Room Tip: Check the shower in bathroom if it is working and not leaking.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Dan_Tran
JackTheGenius, Owner at Cinderella Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you very much for writing review of Cinderella Hotel on TripAdvisor. Your review helps us a lot. All of the staffs are really happy when they heard about your review. Wow....
If you have holidays, please come and visit to Mawlamyine again.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We chose to stay here based on all the great reviews and were not disappointed, but at the same time, it wasn’t as good as expected either. The staff were great and very helpful. Our room was nice with it’s own laptop connected to the net at a pretty decent speed. It had a balcony with views to the hills behind the town, and to the west for sunset. Aircon was efficient and highly required in the heat of May. I also loved the local art and paintings around the hallways and stairways.
The bathroom was basic at best, with the hand basin draining into a pipe which ran to the corner of the bathroom and then drained openly to presumed pipe on the other side of the wall. But at least it was spacious with lots of towels and hot water. The biggest problem we had was the bed. It seemed like it had no padding and we could feel planks of wood below the lining. So a few stiff back mornings. The breakfast was excellent though and we loved the little local, traditional snacks that were served along with all the lovely fresh fruit and good coffee.
Overall, an OK stay but for the price it was fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KGB_4
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I followed the recommendation in the lonely planet guide and was not disappointed. I wanted to really unwind and stayed here for six nights. Firstly in a triple room then moved to a smaller room with a view which suited me more as I was travelling alone. There 's a restaurant at the back serving the best I have had in a long time. Fresh fruit, juice, soup and fries rice sets you up for the day, which is fantastic. The staff are plentiful and very helpful. There's movie channels to watch
The only problem I had was my i touch safari never worked, so I used my lap top instead and weirdly the pillows are too small for their cases.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2013

This was the best hotel we stayed in in Myanmar and very good value at 30$ per night. Very friendly, professional and efficient staff. Wi-fi (which is not always easy to find!).The most excellent breakfast. Lovely rooms with complementary fruit,decorations,water... They understand the meaning of hospitality!! I would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting Mawlamyine

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Staffs are warm and helpful. Room are clean with all necessarily things. Interestingly, they have laptop in the room for guest which I have never seen in other place. Free coffee in the room and snack are also nice.

Breakfast: Fruit and snacks are OK. Fried rice is too oily but nice egg on it. Coffee which is my favorite drink - no bad, but they can do far more better to have better coffee.

Complimentary fruit and full stock fridge is also very nice. Bath room is OK.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank htaikseng
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mawlamyine
Royal Hinthar Hotel
#9 of 19 in Mawlamyine
Hpa An Lodge
Hpa An Lodge
#1 of 9 in Hpa An

Been to Cinderella Hotel? Share your experiences!