“Unbelievable Experience”
Review of Lewis Grand Hotel

Lewis Grand Hotel
Ranked #37 of 71 Hotels in Angeles City
Reviewed 4 August 2014

From the moment I entered until I left this was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. It was grand, spacious, comfortable and the staff was some of the best I have ever experienced as they tended to every question or need I had. Paul the concierge was most helpful and although the seedy part of Angeles is down the street you could not tell it from the hotel location. The bar district is walking distance and the hotel provides great transportation if you need it. It is such a nice hotel and experience especially for the price. The gym is small but very useful and has most things you need to get your workout in. The pool has a bar so you can enjoy swim up service. The restaurant food was good and the staff again very exceptional along with the housekeeping staff. Everyone is eager to ensure that you have a pleasant experience. I will definitely use this hotel again when I visit next time.

Room Tip: If you can get a room with a balcony overlooking the pool then I highly recommend it although it may...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rodness1
HotrodLG, General Manager at Lewis Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Hello Rodness1

When I read the title of your post, I was at first not sure what I could expect… You wrote: “Unbelievable Experience”.

Then I read your whole post – and would like to very much thank you for this !! => “From the moment I entered, until I left, this was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. It was grand, spacious, comfortable and the staff was some of the best I have ever experienced, as they tended to every question or need I had. Paul the concierge was most helpful and although the seedy part of Angeles is down the street, you could not tell it from the hotel location. The bar district is in walking distance and the hotel provides great transportation if you need it. It is such a nice hotel and experience, especially for the price. The gym is small but very useful and has most things you need to get your workout in. The pool has a bar so you can enjoy swim up service. The restaurant food was good and the staff again very exceptional along with the housekeeping staff. Everyone is eager to ensure that you have a pleasant experience. I will definitely use this hotel again when I visit next time”.

WOW ! If this is not a great review, then I don’ t know what is. :-) Thank you sooo much for your visit, this review, and I am so happy to see that you truly enjoyed every minute of your stay here with us !

Hope that you will be back again real soon, and should there ever be anything that me or my Team here can do for you, then please do not hesitate to let me / us know.

Very truly yours,

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Although there are many seedy bars and establishments around this area, where Lewis Grand is located, is relatively clean and pleasant.

Pros:
24 bar, swimming pool, fitness center and room service.
Friendly bar staff especially a gentleman name Dick (the name he uses when interacting with guests)
Room is quite clean, bathroom not so.
Minibar is available in the room.
Hotel car for guests on first come first serve basis.
The pool area is quite nice and next to the bar where all meals are also served.

Cons:
Slow check out.
Staff are not empowered to make decisions for the smallest decisions.
Staff are generally friendly except for most of the Front Desk staff who seem lost on a few occasions.

If in Pampanga and you would like to be near SM Clark (modern shopping mall), try the Lewis Grand. Good value for money. I give it 4 stars given the standards of hotels in this region.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Savella

Thank you for your feedback, and for stating that the Lewis Grand Hotel is an “overall nice hotel”, and that you can recommend to “choose the Lewis Grand for a comfortable stay with minimal worries.”

You referred to the Nightlife in this general area, but also stated that “where the Lewis Grand is located, it is relatively clean and pleasant”.

Thank you for mentioning the different “Pros” for staying at the Lewis Grand, which are, for example:

- our 24/7 bar, swimming pool, fitness center and room service

- our friendly bar staff

- the rooms, which you found to be quite clean

- the available minibar in each room.

- the complimentary hotel service cars for our Guests (on a first come first serve basis)

- and our popular pool area, which you found quite nice and next to the bar where all meals are also served (inside, or “al fresco”).

You also mentioned a “Con” – for which we would like to apologize to you.

- you mentioned a "relatively slow check-out and that you thought that the Front Office staff is not empowered to make decisions".

=> Please kindly note that we are currently undergoing refresher courses with our Front Office staff in Customer Service and also in Personality Development, so that we can further raise our quality service to our valued Guests.

You did however also mention that you thought that all of our staff here are generally very friendly.

Lastly, your overall verdict was: “if in Pampanga, and you would like to be near the SM Clark (modern shopping mall), then try the Lewis Grand. Good value for money. I give it 4 stars given the standards of hotels in this region”..., for which we would like to thank you for.

Wishing you a nice day, we remain

Reviewed 29 July 2014

the accommodation is spacious, clean in an affordable price... The staff is friendly, the food is nice (I loved the Steak with Egg) and the pool is just lovely.... Though it's not right where walking street is where all the party is goin the hotel provides FREE shuttle service... ain't it awesome?! It's a perfect haven after the crazy nights in walking street....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank biLeE_1986

Dear biLeE_1986

Thank you for posting here on Tripadvisor, and thank you for rendering the verdict, that the Lewis Grand hotel is “the GRANDEST ever!!!”.

We are happy to hear that during your vacation here, you found our “accommodation spacious, clean, and affordable in price...”, and “the staff friendly, the food nice and the pool just lovely...”.

Wow, thank you for all these nice comments, which are certainly appreciated !

As you also mentioned, our hotel indeed provides a FREE shuttle service... glad you were able to take use of that too.

You finished your post by stating that the Lewis Grand hotel is “a perfect heaven, after the crazy nights in walking street...” – and I could have not said that any better ! Thank you !

Hope that you can make it back again soon, and wishing you in the meantime
all the best !

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel has the most spacious room for a very affordable price, my first time to experience a California King Bed. Aside from the huge room, the hotel interiors are very elegant. The service was awesome as well, very accommodating staff and they offer a shuttle service going to the main road and by SM Clark too. The only hotel I stay at whenever I'm at Angeles. Best hotel in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kristineaov

Thank you for your Post and we appreciate your verdict, that the Lewis Grand hotel has “the most spacious rooms, and that at a very affordable price”.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our special California King Bed-type (with the special memory-foam topper).

You mentioned that aside from the huge room, you also liked the hotel interior which you found to be very elegant.

Thank you for also enjoying our service, and finding it “awesome as well”, our staff “very accommodating”, and that you were also able to take good use of our complimentary shuttle service going to the main road and to the SM Clark as well.

Thank you for stating that the Lewis Grand hotel is the hotel where you stay at, whenever you are in Angeles, and for qualifying us as “the best hotel in the area”. Thank you for making us your “home away from home” when here in Angeles.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

one of the best hotels around... with a great food.... clean big swimming pool... clean rooms.. best staff in town... walking from fields big noise and party in 7min. away only.... best management.. just top of angeles city hotels.. and there are many i tryed already

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DonDon M

Dear DonDon M

Thank you for your nice comments and for stating that the Lewis Grand hotel is “one of the best hotels around... with great food.... a clean big swimming pool... clean rooms… and the best staff in town...” ! Your comments are certainly very much appreciated ! Thank you !

You also mentioned that the walk from the “Fields Avenue party” is only 7 min. away... (plus we also offer free transportation to and from Fields)… which actually is an important fact, as sometimes some people might believe that we are a bit “far away”, which we are not (just about less then 700 meters) – as you have mentioned.

THANK YOU also for saying that the Lewis Grand has the “best management”… That of course fills me with pride to hear, thank you so much.

I am glad to hear that you find us to be “just the top of Angeles city hotels”… since, as you’ ve mentioned, you have “already tried many (other Hotels)”, this “classification” is even more meaningful.

All in all, thank you for your Post – and we are already looking forward to hopefully be able to Welcome you back again already soon !

Respectfully,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

A truly magnificent hotel, beautifully built with great staff. I was partying like a drunk maniac for most of the trip but never once were the staff offended by anything stupid i did and always professional and helpful no matter what state i appeared in. Great drinks and room service! A very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
HotrodLG, General Manager at Lewis Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Sam B

Thank you for your visit – and thank you for proclaiming that the Lewis Grand Hotel is “a fantastic hotel with great staff”. We all here much appreciate this, thank you !

Your whole feedback is certainly very much appreciated ! You wrote that the Lewis Grand Hotel is “a truly magnificent hotel, beautifully built, with great staff. I was partying like a drunk maniac for most of the trip but never once were the staff offended by anything stupid I did and always professional and helpful no matter what state I appeared in. Great drinks and room service ! A very nice place to stay.”

Wow ! There’ s nothing here that I could really still add, other then to say THANK YOU again !

Hope that you will be back again soon ! All the best !

Reviewed 1 July 2014

A great hotel for a family visit. The excutive suite is large and the bed really great. The view of the pool is great. The Restaurent has great choice of foods many Western foods. It just slow to get your order Be patient. There are a many steps in the Restaurent Watch your step. The pool is great and the service there is good. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They gave me many assissts. The car pick up service and service to the local mall very helpful. I recommend this hotel and hope to return next year.

Room Tip: Excutive Suite the best value
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Blondeboy

Thank you for your nice comments, and for declaring us “a real winner Hotel” – that’ s great to hear ! Thank you !

You wrote that you found the Lewis Grand to be a “great hotel for a family visit”, and that you enjoyed your suite-room, which you said was “large and the bed is really great”. – Please note that we have now additionally also installed a special Uratex Memory Foam on top of every bed, to make your sleeping experience an even more comfortable one.

You also said that “the view of the pool is great”, and I would here now also like to add that we also have a nice and luscious garden area.

Then you said that “the Restaurant has great choices of foods – many Western foods”. We are happy to hear that you also enjoyed our Restaurant, however we are at the same time sorry to hear that at times it took a little while to get the food delivered. Thank you so much for your kind patience. I will forward this comment to the F&B Department, and we will look into ways on how to speed things up. You have also mentioned the step in the Restaurant. We have tried to “highlight” this step as good as possible, with a different colored carpet, so that it would be – hopefully – easy to notice and see.

It seams you’ ve spent some time around the pool area, because you write that “the pool is great and the service there is good”. Good to hear that you were receiving a professional service, as this is what we would always like to give to our dear valued Guests.

Thank you also for complimenting us for our employees, when you wrote that “the staff are very friendly and helpful. They gave me many assists”. THAT’ s what we do ! :-)

Finally you were also able to take good use of our ('fyi' - free) transportation service, because you wrote “the car pick up service and service to the local mall was very helpful”. So, all in all it seams you had a good time here, and THAT is what we would like for our dear Guests to be able to experience when staying with us here at the Lewis Grand Hotel.

Your verdict was: “I recommend this hotel and hope to return next year”. – Thank you very much ! And we of course hope that you will come back again soon. You are certainly always more then Welcome here !

For now I wish you a nice day, and a great week !

Best regards,