“Orchid inn Angeles”
Review of Orchid Inn Resort

Orchid Inn Resort
Ranked #4 of 100 Angeles City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel and cannot fault anything - great service good food - reasonable rates - decor a bit tired - but great pool and outdoor area - staff are willing and available for any request you may have - transfer bookings - etc - excellent security - great hospitality from owner Kevin - always has time to talk with guests - and intrested in your conversation -

Room Tip: we stayed in a room by the pool on ground level - some noise when revellers returned at wee hours
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank maggimodem

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Im been coming here now for 7 years and i have never reviewed but i always stay here because its a middle of the range budget, the staff are kind and give great service. One of the Managers Dave allways meets and greats you with a smile and his ex military aura. The rooms are standard, the food is ok and they have a lovely pool to chill in the day. Ideally located in the heart of the bar scene

Room Tip: Dont choose a room near reception as this can be a little noisy
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank richard o
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have lived and worked, Philippine-wide, since 1984. I don't get to Angeles City too often, but I visit various other cities in Mindanao and the Visayas regularly on work related trips. So I have probably stayed in a larger variety of hotels around the Philippines through the years than most Westerners. The Orchid Inn Resort in not only my favorite hotel in Angeles City, it is one of my favorites within the Philippines. No, its not new and modern like all the hotels they have built in Angeles City recently; but, its tried, tested and passed time and again for me. The strength of this hotel is the service from the staff, the quality of the food, hotel security and its location. Also, the King Deluxe Room offers a good, King size bed and plenty of room. In most local hotels, the staff often times can't make a decision; or, are tentative about making decisions. It appears that management has trained up the staff at the Orchid Inn well. I have read some of the complaints from past visitors, can only say that I haven't experienced same. Everyone drops the proverbial ball occasionally, but the Orchid Inn Resort hasn't with me in the last fifteen years I've been staying with them. I am very comfortable at the Orchid Inn Resort, even more so than its sister hotel, the Wild Orchid Inn, and know that most people will be as well. There are always those whose proverbial glass if half empty, rather than half full.

Room Tip: I prefer the second floor of the Jasmine Wing facing the main hotel, which is connected by a second...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank OSI1966
Reviewed 16 May 2014

After reading many many positive reviews on this establishment I guess my expectations were set a little high. It wasnt dirty at such, just a little worn round the edges. A few cracked floor tiles, 20 year old furniture that kind of thing. The ladies on check in were effecient without being over friendly, the pool was lovely and clean, food in the sports bar was pretty good if service was slow. Not bad for a mid range place but not as good as some would make you believe. 15 min / 500 php (white skin tax) taxi ride from Clark airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I had been told that this hotel was the place to stay and we had a chance to only see the public areas on Easter while visiting a friend who said that it is the only place he will stay and has for almost 10 years. last Saturday we just walked in and asked about availability and no problem. We were given a nice secure room on the pool area. The hotel has a newer section, but we were happy with our room and the nice discount we received. The front desk staff and everyone we came in contact with was great, including the GM Dave Crowe. My wife was impressed with the security and cleanliness and how polite the staff were. We have stayed in other hotels in Angeles City and my Filipina wife is often treated with a certain amount of disdain from others in other hotels. They assume that since she is a Filipina with a foreigner she must be a bar girl. The stereotyping was never displayed in this hotel and we will always make them our preferred destination when there visiting our friends. Great Job

Room Tip: Rooms in the newer section may provide different ammenities, don't know.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ABHCS
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We thought that this place looked decent when we checked it out online but unfortunately it wasn’t clean at all. The rooms are super old and dark, the sink water was kinda yellow and there where dead cockroaches under the bed even though the cleaning lady “cleaned” the room every day.
There is a safe box in the bedroom that you must use. My husband left around 15 coins on the table and there were only 10 when we came back (we are pretty sure that the cleaning lady took some of them). I know it’s nothing but it counts.
The food is super mega expensive in this place. Don’t eat there, you can find cheaper food outside of the hotel and with better quality.
The good things about this hotel were the pool which was nice, warm and clean and the receptionist ladies who were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kasandra819
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The booking site I used made this look like a reasonable property to stay at with nice, clean rooms. It was nothing like that at all. In fact, it's the only place I've ever checked in and checked out again within 30 minutes.

The rooms were small, the air-con barely useable as it was hanging off the wall and the bed looked like you'd need a radioactive suit to sleep in it. The bathroom wasn't much better, being filthy and mouldy. It looked like a cheap knocking shop to be honest. I'm not share where the booking agent got their reviews from but mine doesn't match them. I looked at a change of room but the second choice was also not of a quality expected. It was basically a door off the bar with a floor to ceiling window looking into the bar!

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo