“Average”

Ranked #19 of 70 Hotels in Angeles City
Arlington, Virginia
“Average”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I was generally pleased with this hotel, but it offers nothing to write home about. It is small, and the interior appeared to be quite clean, although the exterior is undergoing rennovation. The service seemed to be attentive, although I had no need of their help since I was only staying one night. The breakfast was thoroughly underwhelming, and some of of my colleagues complained of their rooms smelling like cigarettes. For my part, my room was a good size, clean, cool, and quiet. This is a perfectly servicable and acceptable hotel. The location is a bit weird since it is directly behind a large casino, but that serves to ensure peace and quiet.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Jenny S, Director of Sales at Century Hotel Angeles City, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for the review.

It's good to know that you were generally pleased with your stay :)

We have dedicated smoking rooms. For you or your friends next visit, please advise us your preferred room-smoking or non-smoking, so as to avoid being placed otherwise.

Hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here for two weeks.

Pros:
-Quiet location
-Attentive staff
-My room was kept clean when I requested service.
-Their new rooms have a contemporary design.
-A filipino breakfast in the morning. Tang, coffee, tocino, rice, eggs, fruit and bread.
-Next door to the Pagcor casino.
-Good location. Near SM mall, Jollibee, McDo, Clark Freeport Zone.

Cons:
-The cleaning staff sometimes opens your room. My door was opened one night by staff and left ajar.
-A taxi with no meter to Clark airport is 600 pesos.
-Slow wifi at my room. It's mostly unusable. The password changes.
-Dusty under my bed.
-Ants walking around.
-No iron or ironing board. You pay for all laundry service.
-No stove or microwave.
-The chinese restaurant is disappointing and the food doesn't taste like any Chinese restaurant I've had in the USA.
-The HDTV has no HDMI port. It only plays analog video from a DVB box.

Room Tip: Ask for the new rooms and smoke free.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Giovanni G
Jenny S, Director of Sales at Century Hotel Angeles City, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for giving our rooms 4-star rating and for enumerating what you loved during your stay.

Likewise, we have noted your comments and raised it to the department concerned.

We hope to see you in your next travels.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed for about a week and found Century Hotel to be clean and reasonable. The staff was welcoming and helpful. The hotel's location is ideal for all of the nightlife Angeles has to offer. Would recommend to anyone looking for a clean reasonably priced hotel. The buffets were excellent. Perhaps a bit pricey, but convenient. The only con was the halls echoed and late at night when others made their way through the lobby and hallways it could become quite loud.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Dwhite521
Jenny S, Director of Sales at Century Hotel Angeles City, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for your 4 star review Dwhite521. We are glad you liked your 1 week stay with us. I'll let our Executive Chef know that you found the buffet;s excellent. I have forwarded your concern regarding the sound heard from the hallway. Rest assured we shall be working on it.
Gland, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 April 2014

-The staff of Hotel Century from hotel driver to reception to housekeeping, are one of the warmest, most polite, most service-oriented people I have met ! Mr. Allan at the front desk, he made us feel we were the only guests in the hotel when in fact the hotel is fully booked due to the Music Festival happening that weekend we stayed. This guy is unbelievable.
-We loved the free breakfast : Delicious, varied, fresh ! They even extend breakfast until 10.30 when they realised not all guests have taken their breakfast yet. How very thoughtful !
-The rooms are spacious, all new, excellent mattresses, shower & toilet separated.
-You can't beat the hotel's location, it's a stone throw away from the main road where all the good restos and bars are located (where locals go) and a bit more than a 5 min walk to the Fields Avenue (bars & restos where tourists go).
-Free parking with 24/7 security.
-Later check out granted to guests like us, without additional charges (when hotel's availability allows it, of course. Which was the case for us.) Thanks again, Allan !
-THE best massage ever & cheap (one hour, 12 Swiss francs = 600 pesos + 100 peso tip, 2 francs) : ask for Dina, she is fantastic !
-Craving for a very late past-midnight snack to order & delivered to your room ? Call the lovely lady at the front desk & she'll order 'fast food' for you. Oh, it's 3am & Chow King does not deliver after 9pm, No Problem, the bell boy picks it up for you ! These people are the BEST !
-Super clean rooms : housekeeping & room service always there for you.
- the price could be a bit pricey if compared to other hotels (10-15% higher) but with the personal service they provide plus the delicious breakfast & the hotel's location, it's all worth it.

Highly recommended and would definitely stay in this hotel again. I actually did come back after my first stay. Looking forward to staying for the 3rd time!

Room Tip: Choose a from far from the staff quarters as it could be very noisy. Room 211 or was it 208 ? (near...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Jenny S, Director of Sales at Century Hotel Angeles City, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed in the hotel with my friends of 10 people in last March for 4days. My flight landed at the airport in Manila. We requested a pick up services to the hotel. The manager "Allan" came with a great vehicles large enough and nice dirving. Allan manger is very friendly and hleped us a lot, he tryed to his best to meet our various requests, and we were very impressive on their efforts.
The staff were very kind and well served, the front dest receptionists who alway samiling, door guys know what the coutomers want and need to.
The rooms are very clean and well organized, the bathroom is nice also. We ordered a room service it took some time of 30 minutes but it rewared, the food is great.
The free breakfast was awesome, the menu was diffrent every day, having a breakfast it was one of my best favorite things.
My staying was a very pleasant, I totally refrashed now. I really want to go back agin and meet the people, I would like to call them friends.
Thank you so much.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank sunny K
Thank you for the great review sunny K!

We look forward in seeing you in one of your future travels.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This place was dirty. not been cleaned for a long time with dust everywhere.
The whole back area is for staff and they are so noisy in the mornings. I could sleep at all every night.
Poor hotel and I would not stay here again.
Even the two clubs by this hotel are closed.

The shower is tiny and the shower head was only spitting.
I couldn't get a decent shower here and they didn't fix it. I was better off using the water tap to wash.
They said there was a swimming pool there but I didn't find it.
The restaurant is closed at night time so the only food is in the casino.

The room they gave me she claimed was the quietest room in the hotel.
Well if that is the case I hate to sleep in any other room in the hotel.
My window view was of the meeting area and I could see the back and office too .
I could stick my hand out and slap someone on the head as I was that close.

this hotel is noisy, dirty, badly maintained and has no customers.

I don't recommend this.
there are many others to choose from

Room Tip: find another hotel trip advisor is not letting me load photos.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Jenny S, Director of Sales at Century Hotel Angeles City, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Chi1976,

Please allow me to extend my deepest apologies for this truly unacceptable incident. I have shared this with the housekeeping team, and we have been intensifying efforts to improve cleaning and maintenance procedures in our guestrooms.

I would like to hope that you will give us another chance to make it up to you, should you consider us again for your next stay. If you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact our manager directly at hotelmanager@centuryhotel.com.ph.

Travellers are raving about these Angeles City hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My son Jeremy and his family stayed there in December and he booked me there for a couple a days when I came for a visit.The crew was impressive, the breakfast was awesome (skinless longanisa was the best), special shout out to Nikki front desk receptionist who's smile can brighten anyone's day, also to Jun, our room attendant.Over all the staff were very friendly.
It made my stay a very pleasant one and would really refer it to friends. Thank you so much. It's more fun in the Philippines is real. :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Jenny S, Director of Sales at Century Hotel Angeles City, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for the review.

We hope to see you in your next travel in the city.