“Big rooms, big toilets, Korean owned”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Galaxy Hotel

Galaxy Hotel
Ranked #62 of 69 Hotels in Angeles City
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
“Big rooms, big toilets, Korean owned”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I love this place. If it wasn't for the expensive prices I don't think I will stay elsewhere. I've stayed in this hotel 4 times since it was first built and I never had a problem with the robbery reported by others. I've become friends with a number of the staff there so I believe its a matter of treating everyone fairly.

Its true that the wall sockets are all Korean 2-pin round plugs and not the standard Philippines 2-pin plugs. However, anyone from Malaysia and Singapore would not have a problem with this unless they had a 3-pin device. The wattage is also slightly higher here than in other hotels to cater for it, and so devices charge alot faster.

The rooms have strong wifi and also comes with adult channels on the cable as standard (but I doubt this was necessary). I've eaten at the restaurant at the lobby and service has always been good and a number of them are long serving staff. There are no lifts to the top floor, which is why I usually stay in the deluxe rooms on the 1st floor. The pool is great for your partners to swim if they stay til the morning. I've seen plenty of Koreans staying here, including normal couples and groups of friends as well as plenty of Indian businessman from Malaysia. This I would say makes up the majority of their customer base.

And to top it off, I once left my passport here at the front desk when leaving for the airport and they very nicely called the pre-arranged taxi to come and take it back before I realized it and that put them on my good books.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for, and in many cases, that would be the higher floors without a lift and/or s...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Azn_BlankScreen

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Korean first
Asiatraveler
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I actually met the owner when construction started. He barely speaks English and asked me if I could help him, especially since I have many friends coming to AC. First - everything in the hotel rooms are from Korea...the ac, bed, even the electrical outlets. So the holes in the wall is two round prongs??? What the hell are they thinking??? If you want to plug in your ipod, ipad, laptop, etc, you need an adapter. My first day there, they ran out! I also couldn't use the ac, the instructions were all in Korean! The irony is that the owner told me that he didn't want Koreans in the hotel, but everything is in Korean??

Now I stayed there when it first opened. It's still a fairly new hotel but it sucks. No elevator and the top floors are DIRTY. If you stay at other hotels in the area, the staff is older and you could tell they are professional. But the staff in Galaxy is young kids, looks like they just graduated from college. The rooms have stains and you bathrooms already smells of urine.

For some odd reason, there seems to be a ton of Indians and Arabs in the hotel, and there are like 4-5 of them sharing one room. No parking, dirty rooms...all I can say that is not negative is that the location is awesome..besides that, nothing else positive to say.

Oh yeah, the hotel already has a reputation for money being stolen from the safety deposit boxes.

Room Tip: Rooms are basically the same, but the higher floor you go, the cheaper. No elevators.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Asiatraveler54

Travellers are raving about these Angeles City hotels

Tarlac, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

it wasn't safe stayinG in this hOteL aLone..most speciaLLy for woman...my bf and i stayed in this hOteL for about 5 niGhts and 6 days to be exact ,,bUt da last niGht i need to sLeep aLone coz my bf was goinG back to korea that time,and his fLiGht is around 12 midniGht..and he wasn't aLLowed me to go back home after he left coz it was dangErous for me, so we both decided that i will stay in this hOteL untiL mOrninG, bUt after an hOur that my bf left,i can't sLeep coz i heard a noise cominG from a door knOb,someone tried to open my door, and nOt onLy that i saw a shadow of a guy wearinG a white shirt and he's lookinG inside da room that i occupied that time,,im pretty mUch sure that was one of their staff!, ..my heart beat so fast coz that was da first time it happened to me in a hotel,i tOLd my bf abOut it,and he called da korean manager bUt da kOrean manaGer always give my bf a faLse promises that they wiLL review da CCTV and wiLL give my bf a call after that..bUt untiL nOw no calls and nO messaGes at aLL..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank C L
Perth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

The Hotel is right on Fields Avenue so it is a good location for the night life. It looks like it has undergone a refurbishment recently.
After being in the hotel three nights I found the the safety box in my room was not bolted in the wall and could have been picked up an taken out of the room. After causing a fuss the problem was immediately fixed but should not have happenned at all.
My friend staying in the room next to me believed some money was missing from his safety deposit box in his room so after reading previous reviews it seems like this is an issue at this hotel.
The value vs quality of the hotels in Angeles City in general is poor but Galaxy seems to among the best of a poor bunch as far as quality of the room and its fittings.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

I don't advise anyone to stay in this hotel, simply because anyone from their staff can easy go to your room & steal your money from the safety box. This is what happened to me with 2 other friends. Finally the management & the police will not help u. It's very bad experience in this hotel

• Stayed May 2013
12 Thank Yousiftaher
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights in this hotel, the location is perfect, but there is no elevator in this 4 storey hotel. I would like to remind any one who is going to stay in this hotel that the safety box which are located in the rooms are not safe to keep any of your belongings. My self and two of my friends stayed in this hotel for 5 nights, on the third day of our stay one of my discovered that 300 US Dollars are missing from his money, and he asked me and our third friend to check and count our money which are kept in the safety box . So immediately we counted our money and we discovered that there is 409 USD is missing from each of us. We reported this to the hotel management and then immediately they called on the police, and the police came to the hotel and started questioning us. Then the police came back the next day to the hotel to review the CCTV camera with us . We saw to of the room service guys entering our room and one of them watching the entrance and stair case.
Finally, after two days of envestigation and going to police station we ended up with nothing and the police did not help us, although they have funded an evidence.
Therefore, I would like to warn any one who will stay in the hotel no to keep any of their belonging in the safety box located in the rooms, because the house keeping boys has the master key to open the safety box at any time.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
12 Thank Tariq A
Manama, Bahrain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

this was my first trip to Angles city, we sty 5 nights with my 2 another friends from 7 of May to 12 May,2013. The location is great ,walking distant to all night life , we stay in fourth floor no elevator. the hotel is owned by Korean and staff is Filipino , every room have a safe box, but the reset KEY for safe box not with manager every one can take it from reception ! The problems that somebody stolen our money (3 of us room 401-402-403) from our safe box ! from me 400 $ and another friend also 400 $ and 300 $ from my another friend all happen at same time when we went down , and we discover that when we return to our rooms. thanks god they not take all the money and passport they are professional they take just some money to let us doubt our-self and to make us confuse, immediately we reported to manager (Korean) than to police , and according to ccv T.V only the two housekeeping cleaner enter our 3 rooms while we are out even we not ask for clean the room. until now the case with police for investigation even its clear our money was taken by hotel worker.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends