“Could do much better”

Ranked #14 of 431 Restaurants in Angeles City
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Used here a few times and thought I had maybe found a new regular spot. But last time I went the service was not just bad but none existent - looked to me like the quite acceptable girls had been replaced by a spotty youth with no idea - friend of unimpressive head waiter?
Food is not bad - you could even say good by AC standards - but portion very small and menu always seems to have items not available on it. I suppose conclusion is could do considerable better - start by firing the head waiter!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

the amoremio is a new opend italian resto with realy cheap prices and high quality! the spaghetti in ac are mostly around 250 peso and there we eat for 150 peso each plate. same the antipasto with 400 peso good for 2 "foreign hungry stomaches" nice stuff. the pizza is not realy the taste like in al bacio or paizanos. here the owner not realy use imported toppings but the price is also very low for and around 220 peso. i wish they charge more for and use imported toppings. for pasta the greatest taste and price in the city for sure.

1  Thank TravelScoutph
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

I will say its my favorite italian resto in angeles city !! The menu is great huge selection the food is very very gud !! The owners r on site an straightbfrom italy !!! Nice outside courtyard !! Fair inside resto area !! The prices r fantastik !!! On occasion the service is lacking and sometimes they screw up ur order !! Anyway thats typical in the phillipines but they make up 4 it with great food and great prices and pleasant service !!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I ate at Amoremio every day during my recent 4-days stay in Angeles City.

The restaurant has a very relaxed ambient, with an air-conditioned dining room at the front, an al fresco dining area in the inner courtyard and another dining room at the back, big enough to host small functions/parties. I usually ate outside as the weather was very pleasant, warm but breezy. On a couple of occasions, all the tables in the al fresco areas were taken, so I decided to eat inside.

To add to the restaurant's casual and relaxed atmosphere, the owner, manager and chef of the restaurant were often around and more than willing to answer questions or to chat it up. I am very picky with food and when I made a couple of special requests, the staff had absolutely no problem in accommodating them. Everybody was very friendly and welcoming, which is one of the reasons why I kept going back.

I found most of the food I tried excellent. I had a chance to eat Amoremio's pizza, pasta, gnocchi and Italian cold cuts, which are actually imported from Italy. I was also lucky to be there when the chef prepared a special item, gnocco fritto with Parma ham, which is not on the regular menu - I was told that it was being considered for addition, however, and I definitely plan to ask for it next time I go back. There is a small selection of desserts, all of which are homemade and equally good - my personal favorite was chocolate cake with chocolate sauce, but they also server panna cotta and tiramisu.

On one occasion, I went to Amoremio with a Filipino friend who was happy to find a selection of Filipino dishes. Being Italian, I obviously went for the Italian dishes, but it was nice to see local dishes for those who might want something different from Italian food.

I must agree with the previous reviewers that the prices were very reasonable. In fact, I found the prices of Amoremio substantially lower than those charged by other Italian restaurants I have previously visited in the Philippines.

1  Thank damianf74
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I ate at this restaurant three times on my last stay.
Although not the best Italian restaurant that I have been to, but possibly the best value.
All the dishes that I sampled were very good and priced right.
The service was excellent. Not the greatest ambiance, but it is pleasant enough.
I will certainly dine here again on my next visit.

2  Thank CasaSummer