Amoremio
Ranked #17 of 436 Restaurants in Angeles City
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This is definitely my go-to spots when I am in Pampanga. The food is good, the wine reasonably priced and all other snacks & drinks are done perfect

1  Thank kangrui h

Reviewed 17 January 2014

This is one of my go-to spots when I am in Pampanga. Good food and wine at very reasonable prices. Except for the head waiter (who is great) the waitstaff seems to change often which can result in slow service. But last time I was there our waitress was knowledgeable and even recommended a good wine for us which floored me. The owner is very friendly and will remember you after just one visit.

There are two indoor dining areas but I prefer to sit in the spacious garden.

I always order the vitello tonnato which is probably pork. It's delicious so who cares? They also have nice thin-crust pizzas and good pastas. Have had some really good meat dishes as well.

It's a great mellow place to unwind and have some good food. Definitely recommend.

1  Thank ClintonHiller
Reviewed 27 November 2013

While it is scarcely a "fine dining" establishment this restaurant offers decent, substantial fare at a reasonable price. The decor is nice and the premises are spotless (unlike many other eateries in the area). Staff are failingly pleasant, though not particularly knowledgeable about what's on offer - a short training session would cure this and undoubtedly raise the restaurants standards overall.

3  Thank brisbanepete001
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My visit to Amore Mio was enjoyable. Service was great, the food was okay and the prices were very reasonable.

The restaurant has and indoor area in the front of the business and a back door leads to a relatively large outdoor seating area. The indoor area had room for probably about 20-25 guests. It has a tile floor and was clean and well lit. Table settings were also very nice and even a little elegant by Filipino standards. You did get a little noise from the street, but that in not unusual here.

I ordered the tomato soup (170p) and spaghetti carbonara (185p). Almost immediately, I was provide with a place with two slices of bread, a bread stick and a ramekin of tomato and basil in oil. This would appear to have been their version of bruschetta and I found it to be tasty, if not a little too oily. However, it was good enough that I devoured it. I’m not sure if that is an appetizer that is given to all customers or if that was to accompany my tomato soup which arrive about eight minutes later.

The tomato soup was tasty as well. Not being a connoisseur of Italian-style tomato soup, I can’t say whether the slight oily sheen on the soup was supposed to be there or not. But, again, I enjoyed it.

The spaghetti carbonara arrive about 12-13 minutes later. The temperature was good, the texture of the pasta was good and the cream sauce was okay. I would say the sauce, as I have found at other Italian places here in the Philippines, was a little heavier on the creamy side. In fact, the cream might have been a bit oppressive. However, it was still good enough and I enjoyed it. The portion size was moderate and, given what I indicated about the sauce, it was just enough.

Amore Mio gets high marks from me on service, atmosphere and prices. Food quality was good. I'd like to explore the menu and give the restaurant another chance since it has so many good points and good prices, so I'll return.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Went here with my wife a few months ago, we were in the mood for Italian and unfortunately a few Italian restaurants we went to before shut down, so we went to Amoremio.

The food was decent, not spectacular but not a disaster either, and thought the prices were a little bit on the high side for the quality of food delivered. The biggest thing that stood out for me was the decor, it seemed like the decor was inspired by Pirates, from the menu, to the paintings on the wall, Pirates were everywhere, thought was a little different.

2  Thank Crispin G