“Old room”

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Olongapo
Tampa, Florida
“Old room”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I booked a room with a large balcony which had a nice view of the bay and the floating bar which was the best part of the hotel, but the room was beat-up with old furniture and the noise from the 24 hour restaurant below was too noisy to sleep at 2a.m. with drunks yelling and after several calls to front desk they finally moved them to a different spot. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jeff a

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 31 July 2013

last week Wednesday 24th upon check-out I discovered that USD150 had been removed from my room safe which is operated by code and or key. I dialed room service twice without the Manager responding as I was told he would by the helpful receptionist. after the 3rd call I found him smoking & chatting to a friend & I asked him to accompany me to the room where I explained my version. he introduced himself as either Marty or Martin & insisted that only a select few persons were able to access the safe via key & he would get back to me. 30 mins. later he approached me in the restaurant still unclear as to how the safe was accessed. I did not have the time to hang around for the police to get involved.he offered to refund me the money personally although this I see was then deducted from the hotel bill. he said he would investigate this serious breach & email me after he had investigated.upon leaving he was standing quite close to the reception area, did not request my email nor greet upon my departure.
I settled my bill & vowed personally never to return as the return of my money was secondary to the unprofessional attitude.
in addition the Monday prior, the beautiful Lady who always sings in the restaurant had throat problems & struggled along & the following evening the 2 male band members tried utmost but failed miserably to deliver even a karaoke standard of performance.
although the restaurant service was quick & friendly I found the food up the road @ SHEAVENS to be of a higher standard & equal pricing.

Room Tip: ROOM NO. 16 has a tiny but great dining / resting area + small front area to relax outside.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Olongapo hotels

Tom Price, Australia
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stayed there in june 2011 for a week.i must say the steaks where great.i no the manager is from Brisbane so I think the steaks come from Australia..we injoyed swimming at the beach but the floating bar was getting renovated after a cyclone a few months before what was a pitty.so some of the staff where great and some didn't have any idea off service..im sorry to hear about the manager he seemed like a good bloke.we will be back some day soon..

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
manila
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My husband and I love staying here. We stayed here quite a number of times already.. We love staying here because of the good food... Enormous serving and the price of the food is reasonable. I love their steaks, breakfast food, etc... Just thinking of it makes me hungry.. The rooms are okay.. It's kinda awkward because some rooms have mirrors at the ceiling and the bathroom fixtures are basic i suppose. The rooms are clean, the bed is okay.. I suggest you bring your won pillows to make your sleep more comfortable. I love staying here because of their food, and my husband and i are quite "at home" when we stay here.. We also love strolling along the beach early in the morning.. When we just want to escape the city for a spontaneous overnight trip out of town, we always choose to stay here in blue rock because the rooms are cheap and the food is great!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank give_in
shoal bay nsw
Reviewed 1 June 2013

been there last year went back for 2 weeks stayed in a couple of rooms they had been done up very nice clean i went for a holiday not to stuck in front of computer,had great time on floating bar every one friendly .no matter where you go in the world you will find girls for sex i found the floating a great place to have a nice cold beer sitting out there in the sea breeze, the meals they to large but great ,most nites it is nearly booked out as for the staff they are all great people,if you beleive they not doing they job then you must be hard to grt along with. jim shoal bay

Room Tip: down stairs beach front room are great
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bennyboy44
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Good location for Baloy beach. The pool, though tiny, is still a welcome add-on and is usable. Flat screen tv's and Cable worked just fine when I was there but there were issues with Wifi internet. Staff are generally nice, but not all of them were helpful.
In comparison with resorts in Sabang (where I was prior to visiting Subic), I found Blue Rock a bit overpriced for what it offers.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floor seemed more inviting but cost much more and did not stay in them.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Zürich
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Blue Rock has old rooms (old TV's, noisy air con, etc) without any maintenance. At the beach there is no infrastructure, no beds, chairs and umbrellas. The swimmingpool is very small. The food is ok. but expensive, overprised. This place is only for sex tourists: a floating bar with many, many hostesses. Couples and families should avoid Blue Rock.

Room Tip: No way, all rooms are old.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Reisender91
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olongapo
Subiza Beach Resort
Subic Residencias
Subic Residencias
#3 of 18 in Olongapo
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic Bay
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic B...
#15 of 27 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone
Rama International Beach Resort

Been to Blue Rock Beach Resort? Share your experiences!