“Paying top prices for average facilities”

Blue Rock Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Olongapo
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

This used to be the trendy place to stay and one of the few beachfront hotels in Subic but they have been surpassed by newer competitors. Place looks tired, tiny pool full of noisy kids, basic rooms. Restaurant is good but that's about all the Blue Rock has going for it these days. Prices are comparatively high for the standard of the rooms and facilities.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank DericPW
There are newer reviews for Blue Rock Beach Resort

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Best Steak in Subic.

We had dinner here and it was the best grilled Australian steak i've had in subic! For P780 you get a 450g steak, cooked to perfection, with a huge plate of sidings.

The food was amazing, and I will be back for more.

The ambiance was decent, with a live band and beach front.

Was a bit noisy and not the place for families, but good to go for a great steak at good price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I love staying here because of the convenience and getting a table right on the beach for morning coffee. It is a great place if you are staying for no more than 2 or 3 days but the rooms are not set up for long term as they are old, tired and dated.

Good food and drinks and I love the live "romantic" entertainment by the beach.

The staff is what makes this a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2014

On advice from a friend I brought my family here for a few days. Not enough space for 2 small kids. We felt out of place here as the majority of guests were single old men looking for that which we weren't. I'm sure this is a fine spot for them. But not for a family. Food is good and drinks are cheap. The seagulls (local hawkers) never leave you alone unless you pay them something to nick off. We wanted to see the Philippines and we did visit various places. No need to come back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Steve F
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We did not have a good start to our stay here, first they gave us a room with a sea view overlooking a roof, and then made us wait three hours for an alternative room which was better and right on the beach. I have stayed in place for less money and far better. Our room could do with updating/ decorating and the door lock made more secure. The food in the restaurant was OK but thats about it. There is not much to do around Baloy Beach and i would not return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul1304
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

This place is the worst place I have ever been to.

My boyfriend and I have found ourselves in subic (we are waiting for a flight back to Thailand after realizing that the Philippines isn't for backpackers) and are counting the minutes to get outta here.

We are so fed of this seedy town (believe me when I say we have backpacked and this is the worst I have ever come across) and just wanted one meal out in a place that wasn't a Gogo bar or a strip club.

The website said "floating bar dive centre" with pictures of hippy looking western divers smiling, we thought we would give it a go.
As we were being pullied out there on a small raft we could
See this bar was In fact, just another Gogo bar and now we were stuck. To
Be polite we stayed for one, a young (maybe 16) year old Gil served us and over introduced herself as if she was "ours" for the night. Horrible.
As I downed our drinks the site of overweight, sagging, sad,loud westerners groping (I mean two over 60 men sandwiched and pretended to dry hump a young girl) girls made me feel sick.
I feel
Like we have entered a secret society and we forgot the memo.
We rushed back to the restaurant to find more oddly paired fake couples.
This was our treat night, a night out, what we got was a sad, aging restaurant with a 70s vibe (and I don't mean the disco era).
The food was absolutely disgusting (and I can eat anything!) the meat was burnt and tasted reheated and re-throw on a BBQ and the fries were dropped in oil that has probably not been changed. The whole Experience cost us
40 dollars!

I would strongly recommend (unless u are a Middle Aged man looking to feel great about yourself) don't go here.
I felt really uncomfortable and a little sad for my boyfriend and I, and very cheated.

• Stayed: December 2013
6  Thank Pennycowtown
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Very pleased with our stay. On site 24 hour restaurant had a good live band and decent, reasonably priced food. Good internet access. Floating bar lots of fun. Rooms OK, not great, but fine if you are there primarily for diving. If you want to do wreck diving, for the price, the diving and accomodations were good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CountessP
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olongapo
Subic Grand Seas Resort
Cherry Midtown Hotel
Cherry Midtown Hotel
#8 of 18 in Olongapo
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic Bay
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic B...
#16 of 27 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone

Been to Blue Rock Beach Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Blue Rock Beach Resort

Address: Baloy Long Beach, Olongapo, Luzon 2200, Philippines (Formerly Blue Rock Resort & Dive Center)
Region: Philippines > Luzon > Central Luzon Region > Zambales Province > Olongapo
Bar / Lounge Beach Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 Top resorts Hotel in Olongapo
#6 On the Beach Hotel in Olongapo
Price Range: £18 - £36 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Blue Rock Beach Resort 3*
In-room accommodation include the following to make your stay more pleasurable: 1 Queen Size Bed, air-conditioning/ceiling fan and wall fan, FREE WiFi connection, safety deposit box, telephone available for local & international calls, mini bar, cabled TV, private bathroom and toilet with toiletries. For Junior Suite same room amenities have been applied with 1 King Size Bed. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your Blue Rock Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Blue Rock Resort And Dive Center