“Not what I expected!”

Subiza Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Olongapo
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I booked a villa for our family because of the very good reviews that I have been reading from tripadvisor. Sad to say this was not we expected from a highly praised resort. The villa was nothing more than a large room with 3 queen size beds. There were no cabinets where you can put your clothes, the supposed to be the dining set was outside the villa and worst of all there were mosquitos inside the room. Another downside is that the villa is separated from the main resort so one has to cross a busy street to get there and this is not convenient if you have small children in tow. For P 7500.00 this is definitely overpriced. Food at the resto was average, nothing outstanding. The only saving grace of this resort are the very attentive and gracious staff who attended to all our needs. Maybe the owners have to look into these problems before all praises and good reviews are lost.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LeslieA62
There are newer reviews for Subiza Beach Resort

Reviewed 27 May 2014

After 18 months I was again in this hotel, but the last time. We have booked a deluxe room. The rates was P 3500, a increase for P 1000 in the last 18 months !!!!! and no improvment !!!!
And the room no improvement. A verry small room, with a beed and to chairs.
Also the breakfast including in the rate was a shame !!!! Already ready at about 6 a.m. (only philippino buffet), so at 7.30 a.m.you had only cold meal !!!! Also the Filippinos were not happy.
For foreign tourist you had to order a la carte.

With the old ownership it was super this place, but now......

MORE FUN IN THE PHILIPPINS ?????????????????

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in august last year. Initially booked the family room but found out upon checking in that it is located outside the main resort area. We asked to be transferred to a deluxe rooms which the front-desk staff gladly accommodated. The food were great and not so pricey. Staffs in the resto are all very nice. I think the place is also more quiet and calm compared to the other resorts in the area.

For family with kids, the biggest attraction is their very nice swimming pool as it is just beside the resto area. Lifeguards are very nice as well.

One drawback is the beach though as it has no beach area but you can just walk for around 3-5 mins to go the main beach.

Over-all the stay was great and if in this area of Subic, Sheavens will be my #1 choice for family vacations.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Neil Y
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We use to often stay there in the past when it was the ancient owner.
The place was nice and room rates affordable, it was a really good and friendly place to stay.
Family like atmosphere and the ancient english owner was very accessible.

Since the new Sri Lankan ownership the place has totally lost his charm.
It is now a cold blooded run business with no feeling. Price went up hugely without any reel improvment.
Will i stay there again ? No.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank YannSanook
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I can only repeat what I said in my review of Jan. 31; but I will add a few comments. There have been some reviews made recently regarding the family rooms; mainly dissatisfaction with their location. I have to agree that they are right in their disappointment as the rooms are not on the main resort property. That being said; if there is good value in the cost of the room ; go for it. If it's not important that everyone be in the same room; then take advantage of the great views to be had in any of the rooms at the original hotel; which can be had for a very reasonable price. Enjoy the great service of this hotel regardless of where you stay! My wife and I will always look forward to returning to Sheavens for the love of the following:
Great staff and management.
Great value.
Fantastic views.
Comfortable rooms and responsive service.
A great pool and lifeguard staff.
We have stayed twice now; both times on the second floor; overlooking the pool and the beautiful view of Barretto and the bay in front; I hope you can experience the same.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bmct
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We went there April 28, Monday, same day when Obama arrived, and we got to Olongapo earlier than expected. Luckily, we only commuted, but we were given instructions as to how to get to the hotel, and it was very very easy since everything in Olongapo is very very organized. From Victory Liner terminal, just take the blue jeep and ask to be dropped off at "Kanto ng Baloy". From the intersection, just ride a tricycle and say Sheavens, and you'll be taken right to the entrance.

From the entrance, we got there before 12PM, so we were asked to wait until 1PM because the room was still being prepared, and we stayed at the restaurant, on the table at the farthest corner nearest to the swimming pool. That actually became our official table since all our meals and snacks were held at that table. Since waiting time was about an hour, my partner and i ordered drinks. I got a frozen margarita, which was fabulously tall and yummy, and my partner ordered a watermelon shake which was very heavenly. We were assigned to room 402, which is no problem except that there was no lift and since i requested for a high floor, i blame no one but myself. The room was, how do you say it, fantabulous!!! It was enormous, the sheets smelled so fresh and everything was spic and span. It was a well rested first night since the a/c was very cold and it was comforting if you just got out of the scorching summer heat outside. We had a night swim before capping off the night and ordered spaghetti and pizza for dinner, which was very italian, scrumptuous and tomato-eey... :)

Second day, we woke up to a tummy-filling complimentary breakfast, i got the tapa while my partner chose the daing na bangus. The people who served us were all nice especially Edwin and Regina,who were very attentive to our needs. Special mention to Rhaqz who was very helpful when i had a dilemma on what to wear for the evening plunge at their elegant pool... Then we were taken to Ocean Adventure by Kuya Arman, who drove a very comfy van, a/c was delightfully cold and Kuya Arman was kind enough to tour us around SBMA. I absolutely had a grand time there, but that's another review.... hehehe....

Upon getting back to the hotel, for our last night, we planned to go on another nightcap swim, but we both fell asleep due to the fact that the a/c was cold and we had a very private quiet area, hence sleep was very very very peaceful. Before checking out of the hotel, we enjoyed a sumptuous breakfast again, and had some picture moments. From there, we even dropped off at their famous coffee shop that sells home made jumbo tacos that are to die for!

Overall, i do NOT get why there are a lot of people ranting about the place. I reported that the refrigerator is not getting cold, and it was replaced immediately. Two thumbs up to the management because hotel is very well maintained, and the staff is very friendly, from the people at the restaurant to the housekeeping team!

Have already recommended this to my officemates, and will definitely go back to this haven!! =)

Room Tip: if you are getting a deluxe room, 2nd floor would be an okay location, and request for either 201, 3...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Chie G
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I've stayed here many times but the resort had been sold and this was the first time with the new management.

I do like what they are trying to do. They have built a new pool and the rooms are being remodeled to a much higher standard than before. The food here is always good.

But then the problems. In the afternoon of our first full day the shower drain backed up into the bathroom, maybe a 1/4" of water. This is a remodeled Suite room. They came and unplugged the line and cleaned up the mess quickly. That night and into the morning all was well. Got up the next day and no wet floor, out for breakfast and came back to a flooded floor again. Went to the front desk and they said they would send someone quickly. 15/20 minutes goes by no one comes to fix the problem, back to the front desk. Oh we're sorry someone will be there shortly. Bellman arrives yes see the problem, "I will go get equipment" and never returns. Waited more than an hour in the hopes he would return and fix the problem so we could shower before we check out. No one ever came back.

We decided to give up and check out. I suggested at check out that they might want to give us a discount for the inconvenience. The discount for 2 rooms for a 2 night stay and two flooded bathroom experiences, 250 Php, a little less than $6.00 after we had spent over $400.

I would give them more than enough time to sort out these problems before I go back, if ever.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a quiet spot would suggest you not select a suite, they are all right next...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 44WestSide
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olongapo
Mangrove Resort Hotel
Subic Residencias
Subic Residencias
#3 of 18 in Olongapo
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic Bay
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic B...
#16 of 27 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone
Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel
Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel
#4 of 27 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone

Been to Subiza Beach Resort? Share your experiences!