Wild Orchid Beach Resort
Agoda.com
US$76
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
All reviewsbarefoot barbeach frontsubic baypool sidehuge swimming poolfree shuttlesteakpay cashsubic areaother hotelsgreat poollive entertainmentpool tablea bit priceybeach areabarrio barettodeluxe room
Reviewed 17 November 2013

During a recent business trip I, along with several of my fellow co-workers, stayed at the Wild Orchid in Subic Bay. The Hotel and its staff were excellent. We had a great stay and the management was very helpful in every way. The food, bar and pool were excellent as well. I highly recommend this Hotel to all visitors to Subic Bay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dsmith08
Reviewed 23 October 2013

It has everything you need for a relaxing vacation. Don't expect the Ritz but it was clean, convenient and good staff. The main hotel is not on the beach but it does have some nice amenities on site. Go and enjoy!

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor with a corner suite. It was cleaned daily by a helpful staff. Kind of pricey for an older establishment but probably the best thing in Subic. Taxi from subic are cheaper than taking the hotel shuttle. So once you go to subic get the card from a local cabby and you will be covered with travel. Plenty of local sites to see. Zubic Safari is a must. The mall inside the miitary zone is comparable to ones on the states and the movie theater was even better. Went to an opening movie and cost for two was about 6 dollars with ability to pick your seats. Back to the hotel, it is a great place if you are there for a true relaxing vacation. I had the best two weeks of my life. It was truely an adventure. Just don't expect a 5 star resort environment, loosen up and you will have a blast.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Be extremely careful eating food at the Scalliwag bar restaurant,(Pray before and after every meal)! The Chef needs to take some cooking lessons on how to not serve customer undercook chicken which causes salmonella. And just in case you feel the need to have a fruity shake, make sure the ant colony isn't floating around in your glass! Makes you wonder what their kitchen looks like inside,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Ivan A
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The Wild Orchid Beach Resort is in my opinion the best accommodation in Subic Bay. When I say best I measure this in terms of the overall quality of the establishment, and level of amenity. It has the most comprehensive level of amenity in the bay, with several bars and restaurants, several large outdoor swimming pools, two bands, etc... The food was generally of good quality, and decent size portions. The steaks are good value at P650 with mash and vegetables on the side.

The rooms are a good size and are very clean. I will say, however, that the bathrooms in the Deluxe Rooms are quite small, but still manageable. I kept hitting my back on the towel rail getting out of the shower past the toilet pan, but after the third time I managed to remember to miss it. Water pressure was good, but the bathroom does fog up when your run hot water. I would suggest asking for a room with a view as the room I stayed in, which was Room 231 looked out over the roof of the resort podium. Also, they do not have wireless in the rooms, but cable internet, which is annoying.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and serviced any needs efficiently. Some credit cards are not accepted so I ended up paying in cash, and they will give you a wad of receipts rather than a single printed invoice for your stay. Generally, check-in and check-out was efficient and well managed. I booked on Agoda and got a good rate paying in advance.

Room Tip: Dont get Rm231 it has a view looking into the lower podium roofs. Suggest you ask for a room with a good view out.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This was my first time in the Phillipines and as it was close to were I had to meet some work associates so I decided to stay her.From when I arrived to the day I left I could not fault the staff so friendly and happy at all times and ever eager to assist in making your stay a enjoyable one specialy the poolside bar whether it was a much needed coffee in the morning to a icy cold beer when required. The food was great at all times of the day and night and early morning. Bob the manager was always on hand to see if all was well and they put on a great Rugby league grand final function in the bar with the Aussies and made some good friends from other countries as well .Overall this is a great place to stay for a holiday and I gurantee you will come home relaxed

Room Tip: I only stayed in a normal room which is all I required but the poolside rooms looked good
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo