“Weekend Farm Stay”

Villa Socorro Agri-Eco Village and Farm Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Pagsanjan
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We are a family of four and enjoyed a weekend stay at Villa Socorro Farm Resort. The food is flavorful and they offer some unique dishes; the large servings is another plus. I have only seen a handful of staff but the Farm Resort is run very efficiently & the staff are very accommodating. My family & I had a very relaxing weekend & just enjoyed a very simple & peaceful togetherness.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cherry G

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed in Manila for 5 days, due to short stay and hectic schedule, I booked a weekend for my family to this resort, because it's one of the few pet friendly resort close to Manila. We stayed on air conditioned room. Upon entry, I could smell the fresh and clean linens. Rooms are clean, including bathrooms. Food is fantastic, we have more than we can eat. My 5 month old malamute and my son's 2 huskies had a blast! We all went swimming at the river.Early the morning, I could hear birds, cock crows, then we let all the dogs went around off leashed, as they are all well behaved, and it's a fenced area. Angelo, the resort host was very accommodating and attended to all our needs personally.

Room Tip: Book 2 weeks ahead. Get the air conditioned rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank centraloregonduckie
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Villa Socorro is a nice place to stay in Pagsanjan. It would probably be better if you were a family and privately rented the place for an overnight stay and rented their other facilities such as videoke and billiards because if you didn't have those, it's quite boring. The chapel was nice and the grounds were nice and the dip in the river was nice but sadly the river was getting dirty. In 5 years you probably won't be able to take a dip in there anymore. However it is a very nice place to stay if you want to go to Pagsanjan Falls or the other places around Pagsanjan.

The meals were delicious and the servings may look tiny but they were actually just right. Our room was clean which is a great plus for me.

I wish the room had a closet we could hang our belongings in or even a clothes peg outside the bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OliviaGear
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Yes, I'm quite aware that this place does not have the facilities of a 5 star hotel from the time i booked a room almost 1 month before our stay last May 10,2014. But having a room with a defective and uncleaned bathroom is such a big issue for me. We noticed our bathroom was not able to clean properly by having an almost 1/4 roll of a tissue left in the tissue holder and the most obvious reason was the sink had a broken pipe. Brenda, my sister in law thought maybe this was should had to be , an art, but no who would want to wash her hand and get your feet sprinkled with a dirty water from the sink. Anyway they were obliged to fixed it but we have to endure the presence of the repairman while having a rest . We had full board meals in our stay , and i can rate it to be just fine. What i did enjoy was their sabanana chips. There's nothing much you can do at the place aside from going to the river, a 5 minutes walk from the property.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Jjeanie7
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this place from April 16-18, which is the Holy Week. Very nice experience. Peaceful, relaxing, and fantastic staff. Even got to meet the Aaron family themselves who own the farm. The food was very good and aplenty. We ordered the Boodle Lunch on our first day, for 8pax, even though we were a group of 11, and we still can't finish them. Accomodation was ok. It's really a family farm which they offer to guests on pre-arranged dates. So don't expect all the modern amenities. It's a huge 11hectare farm, mostly planted with bananas, bamboo, and a few other varieties. But what I like most about the place, is that part of the property sits along the riverbank. We had an awesome time just wading along the clear water with other locals. Overall an ideal farm and 'probinsiya' experience. Kudos to Raymund Aaron, his parents, and his staff headed by Angelo.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank 7107Islands
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Villa Socorro realy is a paradise. We were 8 persons visiting the village for 3 nights, and everything turned out to be beyound our expetations. The owner and the entire staff was very warm and friendly, showing us round, introdusing us into their production, helping us with tours, transporting us around, and serving us with wonderfull and plentyfull of philippino food. The rooms are good, and the place is very quiet. We went swiming in the river, and sightseeing in the neighbouring Pagsanjan city. On the second evening we had invited a philippino family for dinner, so we were over 20 persons beeing served the Fiesta meal. A memory for a lifetime!!
Do not miss this Agri-eco resort if you are planning to visite the Laguna area, or the Pagsanjan Falls.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank arg02
Reviewed 21 April 2014

So while my memory is still fresh, I will write about my family's experience on the recent trip we had. This is one resort that I will recommend to anyone I know. To my friends and relatives abroad, make sure that on your next balikbayan trip, book a vacation at this Agri-Eco resort. I wanna talk about the staff because they surely made our experience really special. Angelo, the assistant to the resort manager, welcomed us. If anyone wants to learn about the hospitality industry, you will learn a lot from him He was very friendly and accommodating, very respectful too. Knows when to give the guests their privacy and when they need someone to tell stories with. The other staff (I only remembered Ate Jom sorry), were equally commendable as well.

We booked a standard A/C room for the 3 of us. The actual capacity is 2 but they allow up to 3 people in the room. The room was right smack in the middle of the greenery, and the road up to it is lined with a cobblestone path. Ours was a ranch-inspired room. The accommodation comes with a complementary coffee and 3 Sabanana chips. Anything you need from the staff is just an intercom away. Dial 4 during the day to access the front desk, and dial 3 if you need anything past 11PM. First thing I checked was the bathroom and the water - they were both immaculately clean, and water is nawasa!!!!! And to top it off they have a hot and cold shower! Brava! Our room has a spacious front porch where you can just sit and chill and listen to the birds chirping, or just look around and marvel at how much green there is. The dining hall was very spacious and very unique. Reminds me of a mess hall but way way better. My daughter immediately noticed the collection of mugs and other memorabilia lining the ceiling.

On the afternoon of our arrival (around 4PM), we were guided down the path to Balanac river. On our way to the river, we were greeted by the resort owner who so warmly told us to take care and enjoy our walk. The path to the river was lined with trees and it was breezy. Balanac river is one clear river. We were greeted by cows, carabaos, and horses who freely graze along the side of it.

Let's talk about food -- and by this I mean a FIESTA!!!! We arrived at 2:30PM and by 3:15 they served our merienda -- Pansit Pagsanjan, calamay, espasol, nilagang mais, and gulaman. The food serving can actually serve 5 or 6 people, but according to Angelo this is the standard serving for 3. After the Balanac river trip, we went to our room to change and rest a bit. By 7PM we were invited to the dining hall for dinner where they served us Guinataang chicken with papaya, tortang patola, Crispy porkchoplets, minatamis na saging na saba, rice, and pineapple juice. We were not able to finish all the food. The Ate who prepared the food willingly packed the food that we were not able to finish, put them in the fridge and gave them to us at check out (talk about bringing home a piece of your experience). For breakfast the next day, they served us daing na biya, lucban longganisa, fried egg, pritong saging na saba, garlic rice, and coffee. After breakfast, we went to Pagsanjan falls. By the time we got back to the resort, we were welcomed with a very, very festive lunch. Angelo actually warned me to not be surprised, but still I was. Before our very eyes, we were served guinataang puso ng saging, chicken inasal, inihaw na liempo, fried tilapia stuffed with tomatoes and onions, inihaw na talong with bagoong, rice, banana cue, sabanana chips, and fresh buko juice! Whew what a buffet! Everything they served us tasted really good! We just couldn't finish them because the serving just grew from meal to meal! I am glad that the staff carefully packed all of the left overs and gave them to us at check out.

We also experienced their masahilot (equally commendable). My daughter actually fell asleep int he middle of the session . Last but not least,we were given goodies to take home - a lootbag full of sabanana chips, a keychain, and ref magnet

Overall, Villa Socorro delivered far above what I was expecting to have. The experience I had with the staff is unforgettable. The food they served was impeccable, Villa Socorro is not just a resort, it's actually an experience.

Room Tip: An overnight stay may not seem enough...book a 3D2N stay instead.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank AmandaCC516
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pagsanjan
Auravel Grande Hotel and Resort
Batis Aramin Resort and Hotel
88 Hotspring Resort
88 Hotspring Resort
#1 of 3 in Pagsanjan

Been to Villa Socorro Agri-Eco Village and Farm Resort? Share your experiences!