Sripatana Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Rich Hotel(Nakhon Ratchasima)
US$23
Kantary Hotel ,Korat(Nakhon Ratchasima)
US$79
  • Restaurant
Sima Thani Hotel(Nakhon Ratchasima)
US$113
US$44
Agoda.com
Korapura Resort(Nakhon Ratchasima)
US$42
US$35
Priceline
Romyen Garden Place(Nakhon Ratchasima)
US$31
US$28
US$42
US$30
Priceline
Thanya Pura Boutique Hotel(Nakhon Ratchasima)
US$22
US$20
  • Pool
City Park Hotel(Nakhon Ratchasima)
US$38
  • Restaurant
Raya Grand Hotel(Nakhon Ratchasima)
US$31
Travelocity
US$74
US$72
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The staff are very helpful and courteous. The rooms are simple and clean. The restaurant is average. But the price is not a good value for such simple accommodations, you will get more for your money somewhere else. Great location though, about a 15 minute walk to downtown Korat and you can catch a songtao to the market and shopping centers very easily.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank NaamPetra
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I have lived in Thailand for many years and, most often, I stay in lower cost hotels. In its day, there can be no doubt that the Sripatana was one of the finest hotels in the region. I have stayed at the Sripatana many times. The hotel provides a full complement of services: restaurant; room service; pool; refrigerator; wifi; pool; guard with secured fenced parking; and massage room --- The hotel is older but clean. Near a 7/11 (but isn't everyplace in Thailand near a 7/11?) Thai street food is available at night-- The room price is reasonable and the location is convenient to the train station, (5 minutes down the street), bus, and the shopping mall – all within 10 minutes by tuk-tuk.

The Sripatana often caters to Thai traveling groups and larger regional meetings; therefore, at times, it can be hard to get a room. Some rooms are now being improved, yet, others require attention. Rooms and bathrooms are dated (wish they would get rid of the old bathtubs, retile and put in showers). If you want “new”, the Sripatana may not be for you. ….. But for me, a budget / value traveler, the Sripatana certainly meets my needs.

Keeping your expectations in line with the favorable cost of the room, considering the many services provided and the nice staff the Sripatana hotel provides value. I will continue to stay here on my trips to Korat.

See Room Tips.

Room Tip: General Thailand / S.E. Hotel Tips: In any hotel, I try get a room away from elevators and near the end of the hall so people are not walking and talking in front of my door as they go to their rooms – the closer to the elevator, the more people are walking by your door. I also do not want to listen to the elevator open and close. Typically, fire exits are also near the end of the hall. If you like to read, travel with a reading light -- bedside lights at lower cost hotels are fine for basic light but are not sufficient to read. -- If you travel with phone chargers, dvd players, and a computer, bring a multi-plug extension with you – most lower cost rooms have few electric plug-ins. In S.E. Asia, I carry mosquito spray – I give the room a quick spray before I go out at night for dinner -- the smell is gone before my return and any mosquitoes that have “snuck” into the room when I opened the door are “deceased”… If possible, at any hotel, ask to see your room -- I suggest, if you stay at lower cost hotels, -- keep your expectations in line with favorable costs – do not expect a Hilton / Ritz for $30.00 USD a night. Hotel rooms remain a great value in Thailand. (Asa / Surin)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AsaSurin
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I stayed here with my cycling friend on our recent cycling trip through Thailand. We loved the hotel. Very good staff, friendly and helpful. Rooms were a little outdated but then hey, it wasn't the Ritz and we felt it accomodated our needs very much. Extremely fast WiFi in the room which is very important to me since I write an online journal of my bicycle touring trips. The breakfast was very good; a typical Thai buffet with eggs, toast, coffee and different Thai dishes. We stayed there 2 nights during Songkram. Bed was very comfortable and AC was excellent. I highly recommend the hotel. I think we paid about 650 baht a night.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
10  Thank ultrarunner
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I usually visit Korat every couple years, and usually stay at the Sripatana Hotel. There are many nicer hotels in Korat, but I keep coming back to Sripatana because its right in the center of town, so its easy to walk to anywhere, and the price is very very reasonable.

The rooms are old and in dire need of updating, and there is no wifi (just a couple computers in the lobby you can pay to use). The restaurant serves OK food, not the best, but not the worst. The staff are all really nice, and they have onsite massage. The beds are hard and the blankets scratchy. Water is hot, and there is an onsite pool I've never used.

If the price were to ever go up (without renovating the hotel), I would stay somewhere else, but I know what to expect here, and the low price reflects that.

The best part of this place is its central location, and if it weren't for that I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Andrew H
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Big hotel in the city center of Korat (Nakhan Ratchasima) within walking distance to the train station.
Fast and friendly check-in. I had a spacious room, with a small writing desk, chairs and table as a TV and fridge– all of which a bit shabby. The biggest shortcoming was the missing cleanliness – my room was (except of the fresh bed sheets) extremely dirty, also other travellers complained about their rooms.

The breakfast was okay with fresh eggs and fruits.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo