“WHAT A VALUE !!!!!!!”
Review of Chuong Duong Hotel

Chuong Duong Hotel
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in My Tho
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Stayed here twice in the month of October for a total of 2 weeks. Stayed in room 208 both times. Good size room with 2 twin beds,wifi,fridge and wonderful A/C. The wifi can be spotty at times but the value for the room is fantastic. Breakfast is included with the $22 a night price.Our room had a balcony facing the river also. Location is excellent. Many locals bring their families by the river so you really get the feel of small city Vietnam. Cafe Seo is close by for a coffee or a smoothie. The staff is very efficient and also friendly and always willing to help. I will stay here again!

Room Tip: second floor rooms on the west side has balconies.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ghorita

Reviewed 5 November 2012

On work-related trips to the Mekong Delta, I've stayed in Chuong Duong Hotel several times over the years. Somehow, our research partners would book us here. We just request a room on the right hand side of the second floor. That is to be away from the restaurant noise. The hotel is along the Tien Giang river, one of the two branches the Mekong river, which makes the view from the upstairs bedroom window and balcony quite scenic. The river is a major thoroughfare for both business and tourism.

The $24/night room rate is for a large room with a queen-size bed, split-type aircon, TV, refrigerator, an electric kettle, tea set, a small coffee table with two heavy wooden chairs, and an ensuite bathroom. The floor has wall-to-wall carpeting and a balcony. It also comes with breakfast and wifi. I must warn that the wifi can be on and off at times. If you must send an important email or visit an important website, you can bring your laptop to the reception counter near the main router.

For anyone going to Mytho, I would recommend this hotel any time. Despite its budget hotel rate, it is comfortable, clean, safe and has a good location.

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor rooms to the right side or away from the restaurant.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank mme1030
Reviewed 9 September 2012

The best two star hotel you can get! Fantastic staff! The staff here are so kind and patient, but also be patient with the staff because YOU ARE IN VIETNAM. The rooms are cool (considering every room has A/C), but the beds are stiff. Each room has up to two complimentary breakfast passes. The breakfast is delicious. Traditional vietnamese breakfast or just eggs if you prefer. This hotel has an INCREDIBLE location in My Tho. The hotel is located ON the Mekong River (the only hotel in My Tho that is on top of the water next to the park). And right next to the boat launches for tours. Also, this hotel has a coffee shop next to it as well (strawberry smoothies? YES!). Overall, this hotels only flaw is the stiff bed.

Room Tip: Stay on the main floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Emily T
Reviewed 3 September 2012

A local friend of our booked the room for us so we didn't know what to expect. It was $20 USD per night- first bonus but it is situated right on the mekong river. My tho is not a big place and you don't have many choices but this was more than adequate. Boats on the mekong can get noisy at odd hours though. Ac rooms worked super well. Beds are rock hard mattresses but I actually like that. I was with my husband and they only had 2 twin beds. Not even sure if they have queen mattresses? Rooms are small and have a fridge with drinks. Didn't buy their drinks just bought some drinks at local stores and stocked up ourselves in the fridge.
I asked about internet and the front desk guy said down the road. I see from another traveler there was wifi in the lobby. We didn't try so I can't confirm. We walked a block across the street and went to a cafe to use internet for 50c an hour.
Breakfast is included in price at restaurant next door from a fixed menu. Eggs or pho and both good but the iced milk coffee was delicious although served a quarter of the glass. Just wait for the ice to melt then drink.

Boat tour offices to the local islands right next door and lots of tour buses use.

For the price--- this place is clean and comfortable. Bathroom a bit dated but completely functional. Ac and hot water. No pool or frills but good for a day or 2.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2011

2.5 star hotel,huge lobby area and frontage with hotel overlooking Mekong river.
Friendly staff with limited English.
Rooms ok, fairly clean around beds,window area dirty,well furnished and good A/C and beds very very firm,pillows ok.
We were on higher floor ( only 2 floors) and overlooking river and balcony as well
Bathroom basic shower clean and hot water through out day.
Restaurant only with Vietnamese food and staff do not understand English and had difficulty explaining what we we wantedd.
Location good as next to boat quayside and left of hotel- lots of local stalls selling food and right of hotel small promenade where can sit and watch local people exercising,playing with children or some going for their daily swim in the river!
Nice small town,very friendly local people who approach to speak to you,and hotel ok for a stopover as not much else to do after boat trips done.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms have better view of river!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank nims
Reviewed 26 July 2011

This place was the only available hotel due to last minute changes.

An adequate place for a clean, overnight stay. We had a double room and a triple room. Beds were exceptionally hard even for Asian standards!! All of us struggled with this. Receptionist made it clear she did not like us staying there. Saw quite a few business guys /suits staying also. Breakfast was ok mainly eggs and bread or pho, tea or coffee.

Hotel also provided toiletries but considering the price a really cheap place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank tfgclub
Reviewed 13 June 2011

If you have the misfortune to be going to My Tho or are one of those intrepid adventure types then this is the place for you. The city itself offers very little in the way of attractions and is one of the staging posts for those souls going to visit the nearby industrial park or continuing on to further south in the delta.

The Chuong Duong hotel is 400,000 per night from what i heard (we didn't pay). It is worth the money, really. Clean sheets that are tucked in with the professionalism of a hospital matron. Clean shower and toilet, soaps and toothbrushes. Plus! tea and an electric kettle - actually this is above what they need to provide in a 2 star. The view onto the Mekong is good, the hotel restaurant is filled with locals who come in - a very good sign. Free wifi, ice cold beers at good prices in the lobby. All in all, good value for the $20.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
#6 of 10 in My Tho
Song Tien Hotel
Song Tien Hotel
#10 of 10 in My Tho

Been to Chuong Duong Hotel? Share your experiences!