“Excellent”
Review of Kim Cuong I

Kim Cuong I
Ranked #198 of 295 Restaurants in Phu Quoc Island
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Great selection of sea food.
Pick the bigger more expensive "shrimps" (tom xanh), they taste much better.
A bit more expensive than 2 other nearly restaurants

1  Thank Hai-Anh-Pham

Reviewed 12 October 2013

They have a wide range of seafood which is always available upon customer choices. It locates right on the pier of Ham Ninh fish village, 13km away from the center of Ham Duong town, Phu Quoc island. Prices were good too. Not really cheap but reasonable. The restaurant opens till 10:30pm.

The road from Ham Duong to Ham Ninh village was bad, I mean very bad. So if you can, make it there and get back by 7pm. Otherwise it's too dark to ride/drive safe.

1  Thank Kenzie_Bui
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Nice view.All live seafood in tanks for you to choose.We paid $42 usd for 5 seafood dishes and beers for party of 3.Except the grill abalone the rest of the dishes were very good and super fresh.The tamarind crab was the best dish.

Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

A very hairy bike ride from Duong Dong. When we were here two years ago the Tarmac road to this fishing village was ok but 2 years of abuse from construction traffic has rendered it into a mainly dirt road with some Tarmac running down the centre.
Anyway, we made it in time for a walk round the village and along the pier before a snack lunch. We chose 4 huge crustations which were a cross between a langoustine and a tiger prawn. They are sold by weight and ours came to just over half a kilo.
We asked for grilled with garlic, we ended up with boiled.
The salt/pepper/lime dip made them delicious I wished that we had had more but at the equivalent of $30.00 US a kilo they were expensive by Vietnam standards.
None of the staff spoke any English and the boss's English was not that good .......except with prices!
I think we would go again if we come to Phu Quoc again as it will be a better road and the village is worth a visit. However, next time we will only have a drink unless we have someone who can help us negotiate the menu. There were some sea creatures being eaten by the guests on the next table that would not look out of place on an undersea wildlife documentary.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

Ham Ninh is always a nice day out on a motorcycle and Kim's is always a nice treat when you get there. Loads of road works and flood mitigation ( I assume) are along the way which is interesting but not great for sightseeing. It's about 30-40 minutes being careful on a bike.
Ham ninh is a jaunty little sea village, it's basically one road with stalls on either side and a very long jetty. Apparently the ferry comes in here but I can work out where. Ham ninh is unfortunately a bit grotty like a lot of Vietnam.
Kim coung is on the jetty. It's a large restaurant with pools of live seafood to pick from. they are always very friendly although I had trouble working out what they wanted to charge me(it worked out fine in the end). We had a couple of crabs boiled and some scampi like crustaceans with a couple of drinks and some greens which were the best we have had on the island.
It came with a salt and pepper sauce which was nice. They have new toilets there as well thank god. I like Kim's for a decent seafood mung, it's well worth the trip. Smoke it up Kimbo.