“Had a lot better”

Ranked #190 of 240 Restaurants in Phu Quoc Island
Adelaide
“Had a lot better”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Ordered two soups and coffees, expected a pho style soup but got an interesting egg soup with beef in it. It wasn't unpleasant but not what I expected. Was expensive. Don't think I would bother again.

• Visited November 2012

• Vietnamese first
Halong bay, Vietnam
“Not bad, not special”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

You can find no many restaurants and swimming facilities on Bai Sao beach because the beach is still wild (not touched much by locals).

My Lan, if I remember, is 1 of some 3 restaurants on this beach. You know, for a sevice providers, if it lacks customers, the stability of service will go down. Unfortunately, the same condition happens to My Lan restaurant.

But it's still good to enjoy some juice there. 2 hours there then get back to Duong Dong town or proceed to your next sightseeing sites.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank DragonCrew
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Vietnamese tourists' place”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

many Vietnamese tourists visit this place. There were noisy, dirty and so crowded. I think the food is cheaper than the other place but i've never tried because the moment me & my parent step into it & saw there's a less crowded & cleaner place nearby, we quickly get out of this.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank tamali71
Melb
“Worst in asia”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I paid for 4 nights in advance through Agoda but could only stay 1. It was disgusting. It was filthy, deadfully slothful service, horrible food, expensively delivered. The room smelled horrible and the biting ants and flies in my room bothered me all night.
Dogs in the kitchen, no decent service, filthy premises, awful location, they would not allow me a refund for the 3 prepaid days but offered me a laughable 10percent discount on my next stay after I complained. I will never book at this hotel as long as I live and I will never use Agoda again. They washed their hands of any responsibility for not delivering what their advertising promised. It was about $320 for 4 nights. Complete ripoff.

• Visited March 2012
“Over priced, full of MSG, bad service. Recklessly polluting one of the most beautiful beaches in Vietnam. PIGS”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I am unlucky enough to have actually been staying at this poorly run establishment, and had really no other option but to consume the foul food served by its rude and lazy staff. Was honestly the worst experience i have had in vietnam. I was supposed to stay for 4 nights but shortened it to 2. Atrocious service have never been treated so rudely as a customer in my life. The beach is slowly being polluted by the hoards of day tourists and irresponsible staff who merely sweep rubbish to the sides of my lans section of the beach. Quite heartbreaking to see such disgusting disregard for the only thing noteworthy about the place. If you do come to bai Sao for a day trip hurry before my lans rubbish tip grows and head next door to gecko jacks where it is less crowded, better food and staff.

2 Thank Saq89