“Fantastic”

Ranked #6 of 99 Hotels in Phu Quoc Island
Chatenay Malabry
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

After a long trip through Vietnam and Cambodia we found this hotel an ideal place to rest and enjoy the beach. The rooms are really beautiful and service is outstanding. Food is also excellent of course. M. Petit the manager is really doing a great job. We recommand this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Patrice M
Olivier P P, General Manager at Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Patrice M,

What a “fantastic” review, short, precise and elogious.
Once again for our readers, I am the Mister Petit, very few know in fact, smile….
We thank you for coming to us while in Phu Quoc, and we are glad that you enjoyed your experiencing.
Then the little icing on the cake: when french Guests tell me that our Food is excellent, I have the tendency to trust that…
Not that I am French, smile.

Please accept our warmest thanks and kindest regards,
Olivier, your GM at the Chen Sea Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed at Chen Sea for 5 nights. The resort is beautiful with lush green grassy areas that meet the lovely beach and refreshing infinity pool overlooking the ocean.
The villa's are very nice with a fantastic bathroom and balcony. We had a sea view villa (behind the beach villa's but part of the view is beach). Our villa was joined by connecting door to the villa beside us so at times we could hear talking but it wasn't loud. Two villa's to a bungalow means the connecting door is only on one side.
Pool service was great for towels, drinks and food. The bar was a lovely place to hang out in the afternoons and happy hour every night (order the Chen Sea Pizza from the bar, it's delicious). The restaurant for breakfast and dinner is a lovely open area with views of the ocean. Food was good and the prices reasonable for a resort.
Motor bike rental is very close and it was fun to explore the island during the day.
We got a cab into town (15mins) and had dinner and drinks at La Veranda a couple of times which also has a lovely bar and good food but with live entertainment that was fantastic and added life to the low season vibe.
Chen Sea is a relaxing tropical beach oasis away from side by side hotels in town but close enough to enjoy splitting your time between both if you choose to. Thanks Chen Sea, I'll be back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear porknapplesauce,

I love your nick, smile….
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we are delighted to have pleased you.
Of course I won’t comment on the bike rental phrase, I even do not know what is a bike, smile again….
You have enjoyed the special Chen Sea atmosphere, lifestyle and permanent pampering of our Guests.
And as you wish to return one day, and beside the fact that we shall be so happy to welcome you again, I remind the only rule that applies to our Guests.
When you come back, I am the only key: gmcpv@chr.co.th
I always do my best to please with little touches….

With our most sincere renewed thanks.
Ho Chi Minh City, null, Vietnam
Reviewed 23 September 2013

What a great choice for Offsite meeting! We were professionally welcomed from the very first minute we got there. For accomodation and food, it came as amzazing to all of us. The sea view was fabulous with private and clean beach and a swimming pool facing the sea. The room was neat and tidy with unique ancient interior designs. The sea-food was fresh. In terms of meeting facilitates, even there was a militation that the meeting room could only best fit for 25 people, the staff were friendly open and actively in discussing and arrangement. Above all, we were greeted and served by ardour staff with smiles always. I myself also was really impressed by the natural atmosphere with well-cared flowers and trees all around the resort. All in all, the meeting went successfully and all the team did enjoy full 3 days there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear TuLQ,

Sometime a great Review about our dear Chen Sea has more weight than another perfect comment.
In your case as a Contributor of this Forum, your Review is an event for us.
We had plenty of great Reviews from Individuals, couples or families, we had as well some linked to big functions like a wedding party.
But this is the first time that a major international Corporation, organizing a small Incentive working group in our Resort, is posting a Review on this Forum.

There is no limit to my thanks to you, first for coming to us, then enjoying every minute of it, and then rewarding us with your review.

It has been a true pleasure to extent our Hospitality to your great Company.
We sincerely thank you.
With kind regards,
Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 September 2013

A luxurious, secluded resort with large spacious rooms, air-con with a unique outdoor shower room complete with hanging orchids, spa bath on private terrace. An beautiful ocean facing infinity pool to enjoy when the beach was closed for swimming due to monsoon season.(a special mention to the staff who keep the beach immacculate - NOT an easy task) A great restaurant with good food selections - reasonably priced as well. Heavenly Fragrant Massages in gorgeous open but private rooms.The highlight of our stay was the personal welcome letter and invitation to the weekly Cocktail evening from the General Manager, Olivier, where we met other guests of the resort and got to know Olivier personally.Thanks for keeping us updated on the races :) All of the staff were great and bi-lingual, excellent service by housekeeping.Will definately be recommending this resort to everyone !!

Room Tip: Sea View Villa #201 the Best,closest to all amenities but private.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank chappi1
Olivier P P, General Manager at Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
“Dear chappi 1,

Rectification number one, we are the ones adoring you, smile… and we are not luxurious, we are exclusive!!!
Thank you so much for your kind words, your review is beautiful. And yes we had the feeling that you enjoyed your experiencing of the Chen Sea.
Do you know that I regret to have updated you on the results of the races!!! I was so happy to give you the news that you wanted to hear… Then you left and disaster happened. Either I should not have informed you, or you should have stayed at the Chen Sea. So sorry for you at the end…

We sincerely thank you to have chosen us and I stay at your disposal when your friends will come to the Chen Sea.
Kindest regards,
Riverside, California
Reviewed 19 September 2013

What a great hotel. This was my second visit to Chen Sea and I am already planning my next visit with family in November. Everything was fantastic - we were met at the airport on time and welcomed to the hotel when the van pulled up to the front entrance. The hotel grounds are beautiful and the rooms are uniquely designed and well appointed. The welcome reception on Thursday was a nice touch and allowed us to meet other travelers. Twice we ate dinner at the hotel's restaurant and the food was delicious. While the hotel is in a fairly remote location, the main town is only a short taxi ride away (or for the more adventurous - a short motorbike ride). The remote location was desirable for me as I prefer the more tranquil environment than staying in town. All of the staff were great and bi-lingual. The hotel's General Manager, Olivier, was very caring and attentive to the needs of his guests. All in all, a great experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear John B,

You are so nice, and we sincerely thank you.
I would like to reassure all our readers that you do not need to be a repeater to be well pampered, smile…. We do it naturally to all…
Sometime it is delicate as some Guests do not want to be pampered, but our intention is equal to all.
Repeaters only mean to us a bit of added fun, as we know your expectations, and often we enjoy more drink together….

Then on a more personal note, I thank you for your nice words toward the General Manager (this comes with the Smiley with a big smile).
Call me anytime dear John: gmcpv@chr.co.th

Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We spent our last days in a pool villa here. Everything was perfect. This is a great place to come and relax and I can recommend it to everyone. The villas are very private so you can have your own pool party without bothering anyone

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Degis,

Thank you for your concise but precise and elogious review, we do appreciate.
And true, the Pool Villa is really very private, which explains why even if the two bedrooms are so different, couples of friends book it to party…
I remember some Crews from an Airline (I won’t say more) who had the mother of all great time, smile……

With our renewed thanks and kindest regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The Chen Sea Resort proved to be the perfect antidote to a stressful few months in Hong Kong.

Amenities were amazing - tennis court, fitness centre and pool in great condition. The infinity pool facing onto the sea was a nice touch and the sound of the sea hitting the shore as you lay by the pool definitely add to the tranquil and relaxing vibe the resort has.

Food at the restaurant was fantastic (though expensive by Vietnamese standard, we felt it was good value and reflected the quality of what was provided).

Also, every night a short story (1 page) together with a chocolate was left on our beds. Nunances like this really set the Chen Sea Resort from other luxury resorts we have stayed at previously.

I have never felt so relaxed in my life. If you are going to Phu Quoc, you must stay here.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Dear JayJC88,

What a wonderful surprise so long after your stay. I am late to answer as I was not there.

It is very night from you to rate us so high, though I am always a bit frisky when I read that we are “Perfection”…
To all the Readers of this Forum, I would like to emphasize that our aim is “Perfection”, but honestly we are not there yet.
I am just happy that it would seem that more and more Guests experiencing the Chen Sea start to find us perfect.

With our most sincere thanks.