“Great tropical garden”
Review of Lam Ha Eco Lodge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Phu Quoc Island
Lam Ha Eco Lodge
Prague, Czech Republic
“Great tropical garden”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Nice hotel. The bungalows are settled in the middle of nice tropical garden. Hammacks are available outside. There is a small hotel ZOO containing monkeys, guinea pigs, pigeons and some other birds. Rooms were not perfecly clean and new, but still very OK. The news broadcasted on the street started at 5 am daily and woke me up regularly.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the property are quite close to some kind of a street-news amplyfier, which is...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Uppsala, Sweden
Reviewed 6 January 2013

One of the staff was speaking english and was very helpful. The rest of the staff tried to be friendly but it was a bit difficult communicating. The lodge was close to a decent beach but very far to everything else. We had to take a taxi to get to another restaurant or any shop. Our bungalow was spacious and nice with a kitchen. Unpleasant smell though.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rebecca S
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We got a taxi to this place after reading it was okay in our lonely planet. The rooms sound like they have improved since the last reviews on here. they were clean and comfortable for the $20 a night they charge.

What I would suggest to everyone is to make sure that you pay upfront. We did and everything was fine but some American girls who were checking out at the same time as us had some problems. They were told they had to pay $25 when they had actually agreed on the same price as us. The owner then tried to charge them 5% for paying on credit card. They eventually paid $20 but it was serious bargaining.

I also wouldn't eat at this place. We did twice, the first was just a snack and the fries we ordered were hard and not very nice. The second time we ate their we got something completely different to what we ordered.

One thing we hated about the place is the monkeys that they keep in the smallest cages. The owner was rough with them and although they may think this is a tourist attraction, everyone was spoke to hated the fact they were there.

All in all, okay rooms but lacking in the food department & staff.

Room Tip: Make sure you pay upfront!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 21 December 2010

We stayed at the Lam Ha Eco Lodge for one night and it was not a great experience. The rooms are dirty, there are dirty marks on the walls and on the sheets, there are spiderwebs and daddy long-legs everywhere and the room was always full of mosquitos. The bathroom door was broken and wouldn't close, the bathroom was also full of junk that had just been left there (broken fixtures etc.). The television only had 4 Vietnamese channels.
Basically I wouldn't recommend staying here, the place needs a good clean and some maintenance work done. There are better places to stay in Phu Quoc which are also much closer to the beach.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank AliceBasil

Travellers are raving about these Phu Quoc Island hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 May 2010

shocking substandard conditions,dirty and without electricity on our arrival.As a group of girls (in their 30s and backpacking over the years!) we felt unsafe. We would urge people to stay away and book elsewhere on the island.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank pottyd
London
Reviewed 1 April 2010

Money
Checkout, length of stay, money, flights, issue of commission.

I stayed here in March 2010 due to the Lonely Planet recommendation. However, I can't really recommend this resort, although it was reasonably clean, and my experience of it as reasonably quiet; it is more inconveniently located than LP would indicate, but mainly because of the numerous unreasonable attempts to extract cash.

1) I used them to book a flight to Ho Chi Minh. We agreed a price for the ticket (65$) which I paid. I was subsequently under considerable pressure to pay a "commission" to the young man there who had made the booking for me, but it was quite clear from the ticket documentation that the real price of the ticket was 51$(incl taxes). I have no problem with paying commission to agents, but I do object to paying the same commission twice!

2) In addition, in connection with the flight ticket, he asked me to pay an extra 20$, and gave ma a 20$ note saying it was a fake note I had given him in connection with the flight ticket. I do not know for sure whether he had been given by me a fake note, if so unintentional, but in light of my other experiences I am suspicious. In fact he may well have got me to swap a good note for a bad note!

3) On my last day he tried to overcharge me by a day. He explained that this was because checkout was 6:30am! He was a little unlucky at this point, as at this point two tourists looking for a room turned up; I wasn't very happy and mentioned the 6:30am checkout policy to them, which he confirmed. The tourists weren't impressed and left.
(I didn't end up paying for the extra day, I held my ground, and the correct price was eventually accepted).

They were very charming there, but I just don't trust them!

On a positive note, the printed flight note I had from them was genuine, and I did get on my flight to HMC.

Hope that is helpful,
Julian.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
Kiwi in SE Asia
Reviewed 5 March 2010

The room at Lam Ha Eco Resort (LHER) was ok: two king single beds with A/C, a fridge, hot water, and a TV (unfortunately it had only one channel). The only bad things we noted were a broken bathroom door handle (a common sight in SE Asia), and a cage of four overzealous roosters right outside our room.

On our last day we asked the English-speaking owner if he knew a way for us to get to Ho Chi Minh city (HCMC). Big mistake! He quoted us 475,000 VND each (250,000 for a taxi to the ferry for 2 people, 250,000 each for the ferry to Rach Ga, and 100,000 each for the bus to HCMC ). We were assured that the taxi driver would hand over our ferry and bus tickets when we got to the ferry terminal. The taxi ride ended up coming to 150,000 VND (an easy 100,000 VND profit for the Lam Ha Eco resort owner), and the envelope the taxi driver gave us contained no bus ticket. We questioned the taxi driver but he spoke no English and sped off. It was at this point we realised we had been scammed. Overall the owner of LHER extorted 300,000 VND from the two of us and we still had to pay 110,000 VND for a minibus from Rach Ga to HCMC. In summary, these guys are con artists, stay well clear if you value the contents of your wallet!

• Liked — ---
  • Disliked — The fact they scammed us on our last night. Roosters crowing at 4am.
  • Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jimdare