All reviews communal dinner long table loved the outdoor shower three nights stayed longer jungle vietnam island coconut frogs beach scooter creatures usd net bbq bamboo
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I would wholeheartedly recommend Freedomland to anyone visiting Phu Quoc. The hospitality is amazing.

Peter and Rita genuinely want you to enjoy your stay there and also to enjoy the island. They make you feel really welcome and nothing seems to be too much trouble. As all the other reviews have mentioned the hospitality and warmth is only surpassed by the food - which is amazing.

I enjoyed sociable evenings spent eating Peter's fantastic cooking and chatting with the other guests. There was a mix of people younger, older, couples, families but everyone was very friendly and nice. All in all a great place with a lovely atmosphere, cosy and friendly.

On the practical side of things, yes the the rooms are basic as you would expect for traditional bungalow rooms but the two different rooms that i stayed in were both very well kept, really clean and with good mosquito nets and fans.

The location isn't on the beach but is a secluded little spot and it's a pleasant walk over to the beach at Bo Resort, or the adjacent empty beach or there's Mango Bay which is also not too far. Tt's also well located for exploring off to the North to the deserted Dai beach which is great too.

Can't recommend it more highly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Spent 3 nights here in the coconut bungalow based on all the positive TA posts and have to say was not diappointed with either the laid back atmosphere, rustic accommodation style or the wonderful communal meals which were put on each night. Fastastic hosts and would have liked to have spent more time relaxing. As mentioned elsewhere - cold showers only but it was pretty hot during the day and I'd recommend a bit of mosquito repellent at night just to be sure. Hope to go back some day. A highlight of my time in Vietnam.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2012

hey all, hey rita & peter & team!!!

we stayed at the end of our vietnam-trip four nights at this wonderful place (way to short by the way!)
For us there are no words to describe this "hotel" ... you have to feel it - you have to be there! If you going to Phu Quoc don't miss this place!
For sure it is not for everybody because of the "cold" shower and because of the walk to the beach, but for us it was a little paradise or better: A HOME FAR AWAY FROM HOME! It was such a cool experience to live so close to the nature. Woke up by several noises of any kind of animals was also quiet nice :)
We will come back as soon as we get the chance and will bring friends with us! We recommend freedomland all over where we go :)

Peter: we miss your amazing cooking-sessions and the brilliant atmosphere every night at dinner time!!! Thanks for the pepper-we enjoying cooking with it :) !!

Don't miss the fresh fruits and the cocktails!!!

Thank you Rita & Peter for giving us such an experience!

See you soon!

All the best & lot of love, Christian & Anna from Cologne, Germany

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annalou19
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We absolutely loved our stay at Freedomland and wished we could have stayed longer than the three nights we booked.

Having said that- if you just want a hotel by the beach this isn't the right place. I went there for the the island just as much as for the experience at Freedomland. It's a lovely bungalow retreat in the jungle; simple, but in a comfortable and interesting way. It's very obvious that everything has been lovingly built and is very well maintained - I just loved the wee bridges connecting to some bungalows, the common area with the turquoise communal dinner table and fairy lights above as well as the comfy hammocks- all really clean and inviting.

Same goes for the bungalow; I've stayed in a few 'basic' ones during my travels, but this one was so well kept, clean and thought out that it's indeed 'basic luxury'. I really loved the outdoor shower as well. Sure, you'll probably have a visit from the resident gecko or some curious bugs, but that's all part of staying on a tropical island. The mosquito net and fan worked perfectly.

The communal dinners were fantastic; this was easily the best food I've had during my trip and I was eagerly looking forward to dinner time to be surprised by yet another delicious 5 course meal. We also headed to the beach for sunset having a bonfire and barbecue- equally tasty! Next to that it was really nice to meet the other guests, everyone is very open and friendly; just as the staff there.

The nearby beaches weren't my favourite as undeveloped also means debris/rubbish on the beach. Nonetheless they make for a nice day lounging about and there's plenty more to explore on the island.

I'd definitely recommend staying here if you're not just looking for a place to sleep.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LifeOfKat
Reviewed 23 March 2012

All the good things said about it are really true.
Of course, I can understand this can be too much for those who doesn't appreciate nature and give big value to classic and boring turism services

• Stayed: March 2012