“nice get away”

Mai Spa & Resort
Berlin, Germany
“nice get away”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed at Mai Spa with a friend over a weekend. It was almost deserted which was great for us. Only about 3 or 4 other rooms occupied. We had a sea view bungalow which was basic but spacious with a big bathroom. Breakfast was included and on the beach. There was no menu, so basically it was a case of order what you see or what you can think of. We got everything we wanted, including fresh fruit. Staff were friendly. TV was there but did not work, wifi was good. However, Mai Spa was the only hotel in Vietnam during my 2 years here where it was not possible to arrange airport pickup as they simply ignored all emails.They do provide beach towels but they are not very nice.
Mai Spa is not far from Duong Dong. This stretch of beach and water is quite clean.

Room Tip: try and get a seaview bungalow.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 1holidaygirl15_

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at this resort for the last 4 days of a three week trip, north to south through Vietnam. It was unplanned as we had been diverted from Hoi An due to flooding and tropical storms. We had no idea where we were going to stay, but luckily hit the jackpot. Phu Quoc is generally a lovely island. Mai Spa was perfect. Not too big and westernised, but with all the luxuries you could want. It helped that we got an amazing deal online at such late notice.
The resort backs onto the beach and having walked up and down the beach on 2 different days - I believe it is the best section of Long Beach. It's quiet all day and in the evening the sunset has to be seen to be believed. There are more lively spots along the beach if you're after that.
I did have a manicure and pedicure there. The pamper was lovely, but could have been better quality finish. My friend and I also had a massage (free) on our first night and it was perfect. The food from the beach bar was as good as anything we had in the rest of the country. Having said that don't miss the market which is a short walk up the road. Fab atmosphere and food, but it is difficult to leave Mai Spa and it's slice of the paradise that is Long Beach.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Katy B
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at mai spa resort from the 20 to 23 of May. I had all the previous reviews about this resort and they pretty much sum it up. It's an average motel. It's definitely not a resort.
The rooms are quite ordinary but the only thing they have going for them is the air con. I wish the staff spoke a little bit more english and showed genuine interest in their guests.
The worst thing about this motel was its kitchen. It's such a good location but the Staff responsible for it do not seem to care. We had a couple of meals there and they weren't that bad but the presentation was nil. If they arranged chairs and tables properly and had nice cutlery etc it would be so much better.
This motel did upgrade our room due to the construction next door but that didn't really bother us. They even gave us a free foot massage which was quite nice.
The location is perfect and really good views from the beach front room.
If we return, hopefully the kitchen is better.

Regards
Ronnie

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ranjit s
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I visited Mai Spa & Resort in March 2014. Total five nights.

I paid the bill with my credit card and everything seemed to be ok, until two months later I got an identical charge on my credit card. Luckily I paid attention to my credit card bill.

I tried to contact the hotel, but didn't got any reply. Instead I reported a suspected fraud to my credit card company.

Feels stupid, because I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Mikko M

Travellers are raving about these Phu Quoc Island hotels

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Neighbouring building works 6am to 10pm become an irritant after a few days. We asked to change rooms and were told that the hotel was full, yet a walk in couple arrived at the beach and asked if they should book here, and did, and were given a room !! Very good location, friendly staff and adequate breakfast, but the building work let the place down.Best advice, wait for the building work to finish !!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank paddy86
Park City, Utah
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel in November 2013. Now 6 months later I have a fraudulent charge on my credit card from mai spa in the amount of $307USD. While we enjoyed our stay while at the hotel I cannot reccomend this hotel as it appears that they may have dishonest staff.

• Stayed November 2013
8 Thank Aerobat21
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Hidden back away from the road and right on the beach. Very spacious clean rooms, fantastic breakfast spread, and the staff are extremely friendly. There is a little Russian restaurant on the alley road back here that is fabulous and we used them to help us book diving and taxi rides over to Sao Beach. The hotel had folks to help and suggestions, but they have me a flier for a dive company with a bad reputation so we walked down the alley and I found just what I needed. It is a short 15 minute walk to the night market. Tons of restaurants and shops in a minutes walk. The location is ideal. My only complaint is that the neighboring property is doing construction so there are times during the day when the jack hammering is rather loud.

Overall great property and I would highly recommend staying here. The room is by far the largest we have had since we got to Vietnam.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends