“Nice food on the beach - though nothing special”

Phuong Binh House Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 297 Restaurants in Phu Quoc Island
Price range: US$3 - US$30
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome you to Phuong Binh House, our pleasure to be your choice and staying. Phuong Binh House is a family business, located on Long Beach with a nice little piece of this beautiful island. Our property has 42 rooms and 4 bungalows in total And One restaurant on the beach named Phuong Binh restaurant. We hope to bring to you a good atmosphere as at home with friendly style, warm looking after and comfortable. If you're looking for a place where is closed to the beach with friendly peoples and warm humanity? Come to us! We welcome you with heart and smiling from heart. We’ll try our best to make you happy. All the best to you who are friendly and kindness!
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We ate here after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor and to be honest I thought our meal was average. The place was very busy when we were there but the staff were still attentive and helpful. The setting is very nice on Long beach and the tables are good sturdy wooden style. Being on the beach we ate fish and more fish. We shared a whole grilled fish, a calamari and a seafood noodle dish. The fish was fine and fresh and tasty. The noodle dish was pretty average and I certainly ate better similar dishes throughout the holiday.
The price was very fair at only £14 for the above plus 4 beers – very cheap in common with much of Vietnam.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Was really disappointed with the food here as read all the good reviews about this restaurant. The food was bland and tasteless. We had chicken noodles , was so plain. Tasted like boiled noodles with veg and some soya sauce chucked in. No real discernible taste. Would not recommend this place If u like flavour and some spice!!
Must say the vibe was nice though.
Cocktails average.
Service was very slow , our order was only taken 15 minutes after we arrived!

Ngô B, Front Office Manager at Phuong Binh House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you so much for getting back to us. Although this is a very dissapointed review to us but I want to say thank you because we can see clarely our problem. We feel really dissapointed in ourself and really want to know how come with this.
But first I really want to check again that have you really been at our restaurant and the food what you had aten were our food ? I don't want to drive this problem to a wrong way but I think I have seen you one time when you intend to sit down at our space of Phuong Binh restaurant but in next few minutes you moved to the next space what belongs to the restaurant next door. This misunderstanding happened so many times and we don't want it.
Normally when our guest can't finish our food we will ask what is the problem with this dish. We just charge when you feel fine with our food or we really want to make another dish to replace it.

It's not only your disapointed, more then ever this is our big disapointed. If you see how happy we are when we see our customers sit at our restaurant talking, laughing, enjoying music and happy with the foods, you will see how is our disapointed now.

In case this is really our problem, the food was not good as you said, We really appologize for this honestly . We wish you have told us directly, so we had a chance to serv you better. The food and service can not be the same all the time but I'm really can't imagine that it was bad like that, and the expectation and satisfaction scores are different between this customers and others customers. So the only thing we can do and alway try to do that is trying our best.

Thank you so much for everything. I'm gonna contact you directly.

Best wishes from Phuong Binh House.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Granted, I was staying here in the adorable bungalows and this was "the" spot with the Canadian Dude playing music from the 70's and 80's all day. I was traveling solo and there were loads of people from Russia, German, the UK, Sweden - all very friendly. There was literally a line up at dinner time, so get there early. I would say the rooms were a little spartan, but spacious and just steps from the beach. I feel very lucky to have emailed Binh and get a room there for 3 nights. Binh speaks perfect English, her family, let's just say it's good to have a picture menu. Wonderful beach seating all day long and really fresh seafood and in the morning, the eggs, fruit plate and coffee were just what I needed to start the day.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Loved this place... crazy free for all on the seating. Turn up and fit in. Gorgeous food, cold beer.

Excellent value for money and really shouldn't be missed on the beach.

Would go back in a second.....

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

What else do you want, with your feet in the sand enjoying good local food for local prices
I can recommend the noodle soup. If you drink beer ask for extra cold. Sometimes the beers are not at the right temperature.