We stayed 12 nights in March, and I believe we got adequate accommodation and service for what we paid (about USD 45 for a twin-bedded garden bungalow), and overall we have had a good stress-free time on Phu Quoc.
- Free airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Location right on the beach, a nice part of it, no corrosion as in many other parts of Long beach, in the walking distance from town and Night market (about 25-30 min of leisurely walk)
- Nice well-kept grounds, abundance of trees and tropical flowers
- Clean and spacious (though dated) bungalows; nice terrace with two armchairs and a small table
- Hot water in the bathroom with good pressure
- Refrigerator to keep drinks and fruit
- Teapot and good green tea to brew in the room, thermos can be filled at the restaurant anytime
- Free wi-fi (not just in the reception area, but in the room and on the beach as well)
- Staff is helpful, if not overly friendly. Toto – the English speaking manager – is always there to help
- VERY hard beds
- Old threadbare medium-sized bath towels (one per guest)
- Beach towels even in worse conditions, and sometimes are not available until as late as midday
- Fluorescent lamps in the room, no bedside lights
- Limited choice for breakfast (I must say, OK for the hotel of this price range),
- Coffee is a disaster (you ask for coffee with fresh milk, you still get it with sweet condensed milk. If you don’t drink your coffee sweet – you are out of luck here
- No hairdryer in the room (available from reception on request)
- No free drinking water provided (though I must say, you pay very little for it)
- The restaurant is closed at dinner time, so you must look for food elsewhere
- The A/c is tricky – no matter how we programmed it – during the night it always went back to freezing cold and blowing hard right on the bed
All in all, I am sure you can get more comfort and style, but you will definitely pay more! Overall good value for money if you prepared for basic island life and do not expect any luxury!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hiep Thanh Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.