“Great hotel is New York”

Hilton Woodcliff Lake
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Woodcliff Lake
Frederick, United States
“Great hotel is New York”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel room was very comfortable, clean and quiet and the hotel location was close enough to get to NYC but far enough to relax in the quiet country side. I stayed on the first floor and really enjoyed the seating area outside the room where I was able to sit back with a glass of wine and read a book. It was a very relaxing atmosphere. Also, the fitness center was well equipped.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Debbie P, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Woodcliff Lake, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear George,
Thank you for sharing your 5-star review with us. We are so pleased that you were able to enjoy so much of what we offer at our hotel and that we provided you with a comfortable and relaxing stay. A good book, a glass of wine in the quiet countryside coupled with some fitness and a trip to NYC sounds like the perfect way to enjoy your visit. We hope you will come see us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Raleigh, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Over priced. Service not the best. Charged for breakfast unaware and when complain, there was no compensation. For the cost of the room, breakfast should be free instead of a surprising bill of $57 for three persons.

Dear Sharlotte,
I am sorry that you were disappointed in being charged for your breakfast and that you were not aware that breakfast was not included in our guest room rates. We do offer a number of breakfast packages which are available as well as many other amenities at our hotel. I hope you were able to take advantage of our facilities including our indoor and outdoor pools, fitness center, tennis courts and expansive outdoor grounds. Please feel free to contact our hotel directly to discuss any issue you many have had with your service as it is through your comments that we can continue to improve and to make adjustments where needed.

Travellers are raving about these Woodcliff Lake hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 July 2014

All I can say is that they ROCK.
The staff were very nice helpful pleasant and out going I just got back and I am going again in 2 weeks. The pool was amazing both indoor and out door you got to go and check it out

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Eli,
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are thrilled that we were able to provide you with a 5-star experience: that our staff and service met your expectations and that you were able to enjoy our many amenities. We look forward to seeing you again in 2 weeks!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I do a lot of work in Allendale New Jersey, and this is the hotel my client always books me at. It's an average hotel, but sub-average for a Hilton. The worst part of this hotel is the terrible cell phone coverage and even worse Wi-Fi. If you plan on coming here for business and doing work you won't be a will to do it . . . Even with a tethered phone. I would give this hotel for stars if they could figure out a way for me to make a phone call or to connect Wi-Fi. Don't expect anything more than average . . .

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ben,
Your review is very much appreciated as it provides our hotel with valuable feedback and information that contributes to a better guest experience. I apologize for the difficulties you experienced with your cell phone and Wi-Fi service during your stay. We recently completed a Wi-Fi upgrade to our guest rooms and quadrupled our access points in the areas you mentioned. I hope that on your return visit, those service issues will have been resolved. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Woodcliff Lake, NJ, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My family stayed at the Hilton Woodcliff Lake in a wedding block. We found the site to be very clean, hotel staff extremely helpful (but sometimes busy), and amenities enjoyable. The breakfast buffet and the bar are very expensive. The pools are gorgeous and fitness rooms clean. I would have enjoyed a few more days of relaxation at the Hilton Woodcliff Lake!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Debbie P, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Woodcliff Lake, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Jodie,
Thank you for your “lovely” review of our hotel. We are very proud of our resort-like facilities and so glad that you were able to enjoy them as part of your stay here. Please do come back and spend some time relaxing at the Hilton Woodcliff Lake - we would be happy to welcome you again!
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I has booked 2 rooms and was chatting with Sandra at the front desk. Told her that I didn't use points because their hotel used too many points per stay. She told me I could have a parlor room for the price of one room night points. I cancelled my reservations and rebooked on line for the room right there in the lobby NOW I get a bill for one extra room.......I keep calling and calling and have spoken to At least 4 people who assure me that this will be taken care of and I will be called back.....it has been over a month and not one person from that hotel called back. My next step is AMEX and BBB.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Iris731
Dear Iris,
On behalf of our hotel team, I sincerely apologize if you did not receive a return phone call regarding your hotel bill and disappointed that this impacted your stay at our hotel. I understand that this matter has been explained to you, however if you would like, please phone me directly and I will be glad to assist you in answering any questions you have regarding this issue. I hope you will accept my apology for our failure to return your call in a timely manner as that is not the customary customer service at our hotel.
Georgia, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Very nice hotel. Clean with great service. Guests were rather noisy on Saturday night. Someone should patrol the halls to check on loud, drucken guests. It's hard to control people these days, but the hotel had great service and ammenities.

Dear Melba,
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed our many amenities and found the service “great”. Yes, boisterous guests are difficult to control when they return from a wedding or special celebration but we do make every effort to keep our guest room area quiet. We have two security officers on property to assist us in trying to maintain a quiet environment and we ask that our guests respect each other’s needs whenever possible. Again, we are so pleased you had a good stay and we look forward to seeing you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodcliff Lake
Residence Inn Saddle River
#1 of 1 in Saddle River
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah
Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah

Been to Hilton Woodcliff Lake? Share your experiences!