Cuu Long A Hotel
US$16
US$12
Ba Linh Homestay(Vinh Long)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Mekong Homestay(Vinh Long)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights with my brother. The hotel is a very good value- about $15 a night for a twin room which also included breakfast. The room was clean, the air conditioner worked quite well and I felt pretty safe there. The staff at the front desk was polite but seemed uninterested and not exactly willing to help. I'm not sure if this was the language barrier or what. The food at the breakfast buffett was a bit of a mystery. They only things I could identify were eggs, fried rice, and pineapple. Everything else was unfamiliar to me and since the signs were in Vietnamese and not English, I had no way of figuring out what they were. They food was decent but I was craving a greasy, Western breakfast by the time we left.

Even though I felt pretty safe there, the door from my room to the hallway at to the balcony had no deadbolts on them. The door to the balcony was very flimsy and had a space underneath it of about 2 inches where insects, heat, and LOTS OF NOISE could easily infiltrate our room.

There is WiFi in the hotel and it worked pretty well. The hotel is also in a good location, right across the street from the Mekong River and the dock where you catch river cruises. It is also right down the street from a bustling food market.

Considering the limited amount of hotels to choose from in Vinh Long, I'd say this hotel was decent and I would stay there again, but it wasn't anything spectacular.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank michelle_p630
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Just stayed here for a night and I found it good value. $15 dollars for a massive twin room with sweeping views of the river. Had decent TV channels and good air-con....clean towels and a well kept toilet. There was a very nice lady at reception and I found the place to be very safe. Would definitely stay here again if I was passing through Vinh Long....

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Rob B
Reviewed 13 June 2012

There is little choice in Vinh Long and after a very long day travelling we just wanted to hit the sack. The room was on the ground floor near to the kitchen, there were employees smoking outside of our room and it was obstructed by chairs.
The room was dirty, ciggerette butts on the floor and hadnt been swept in a long time. All night party upstairs until around 3am, wouldnt recommend.

Room Tip: Wouldnt eat here.....
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sahrialoren
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Nice hotel with lovely spacious room with balcony overlooking river. Not many places to eat in town but ended up spending one night at their restaurant across the road and the next night having a picnic on our balcony watching all the boats on the rivet which was great fun. There's a big supermarket nearby and markets just round the corner. Bear in mind that everywhere closes by 10pm.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Heppies
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We had a double overlooking the river. The room was ok for the price. Good size. Beds comfortable. Bath. But shower head way too low (and I'm short!).
The location is good in terms of being on the river for tours and nice view. But terrible for noise. No problem with karaoke noise, but the river noise starts up at about 5am, very loud. (Hotel is opposite ferry.)
Staff uninterested and unhelpful. Only 1 seemed to have any English. We had a problem with our booking (agent's fault, not the hotel's) and they didn't seem at all interested in trying to help sort it out.
Ok Vietnamese breakfast options but terrible western options (eg. coffee without sugar).
For dinner, the only restaurant nearby seems to be the one across the road where breakfast is provided. But it's worth taking a taxi to Thien Tan.
Before you book this hotel, check out the newish hotel opposite the Coop Mart which is cheaper (and can't be worse).

• Stayed: January 2012