“Stayed here for 3 months”
Review of Hotel Muzaka

Hotel Muzaka
Ranked #11 of 41 Berat B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I work in Albania and stay at the Muzaka each time I come to the country. I think it is a great stay. Two brothers own and operate it so you don't have that chain hotel feel. Yola works the front counter and helps us all for the translation. Great girl. The food is really good we finally got the cooks to make Canadian style burgers and fries so that was nice. All in all I have visited most of the hotels in Berat either by visiting co workers or just going out for supper to different hotels and I don't think I would be any more comfortable in another hotel.

Room Tip: There was no fitness centre or pool. All the rooms are good. I think there is only 11 rooms in the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Shaine T

Reviewed 11 September 2013

As I hadn't made a reservation, when I arrived in Berat I wandered around looking for a hotel. Muzaka was on my list. It was conveniently located and looked lovely from the outside so I went in. Once in the hotel, I was met by 6-7 people, none of whom spoke English and none of whom smiled at me, they just stared blankly. Someone was finally called to deal with me and I communicated with my 4-5 words of Albanian and gestures while the others continued to stare. They quoted a price that was far higher than advertised on the net. When I tried to communicate this and negotiate, a man who was sitting in an upper room yelled down angrily at the man I was talking to and I decided this was not the place for me. It certainly looks beautiful but the ambiance was not welcoming. I gave it a pass.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank ferda b
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I have a place in Berat so only visited Muzaka for a meal. Berat has the best food in the whole of Albania and I've visited various parts of the country. We tried the antipasto, salad and pasta and was very impressed with presentation and quality of food. I will definitely be returning on my next visit to Berat.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Gremshi
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I stayed here for over a month whilst working near Berat. This is the third hotel i've stayed at in Berat and the only thing that marks it down are firstly they don't do evening meals, although I did hear that their dining room was opening very soon and secondly their internet slows down at peak times to the point where it is almost impossible to use between 8pm & 10pm. Other than that by Berat standards this is one of the best in the town. I think the hotel has only been open a year and it's obviously had a lot of money spent on it. The room I had was a twin at the back of the hotel, I asked for a room at the back as the first room I had was their "deluxe" room at the front, unfortunately it's just above the road which can be a bit noisy in the evenings. The rooms are well finished, the beds are comfortable and the service from the staff is excellent especially Yola the receptionist who is very attentive and speaks excellent English. All in all an excellent place to stay, I would certainly not hesitate in staying here again provided I can get a room.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are a lot quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ElginEastern
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Muzaka is a new hotel in Berat on the east bank of the river. From the front entry you have a beautiful panoramic view of the old town and the bridge (get a river facing room). Rooms are smallish but adequate, with all common amnities including satelite television and free wifi.
Good breakfast selection (certainly for Albania), friendly personel.
The building still has some rough edges, with unfinished light fixtures sticking out of the walls here and there. Very nice garden.

Room Tip: River facing room for a good view of the old town
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Jan-Henk V
Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

We had planned to follow trip advisor advice and stay in one or other if the highly rated hotels in Berat. But they were both fully booked. Luckily we were directed to the Muzaka. Stay here if you can. It is a special hotel. Everything runs perfectly. Staff are more than helpful. The garden is beautiful. The whole place is spotless. There is functioning wi-fi. Breakfast was a little dull. But this, I think, could be remedied on request. I do wish them well in this new project. Berat has many hotels. This one deserves to be a winner.

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank walton_rebecca
Reviewed 4 October 2012

When we arrived in Berat both of the first two hotels we went to were fully booked (surprisingly given that the season has ended). The receptionist at the Tomori recommended Muzaka and we're very happy he did.

This hotel is built on the old style and has a pleasant view of the valley and old town. It is brand new throughout and has constant hot water/electricity, WiFi, excellent television, et al. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable and with a twin room for €50 you can do a lot worse for value in Albania.

As usual in Albania the breakfast is dull, but very generous.

• Stayed: October 2012