“Absolutely loved it”

Bar Restaurant Onufri
Ranked #13 of 38 Restaurants in Berat
Cuisines: Albanian
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Read the reviews here so found the place when visiting the castle. It was too early to eat but showed the owner the reviews on Tripadvisor. He hugged me, took me in and gave me a beer. I promised to return later that evening.

Making good my promise, I returned and asked the owner to serve whatever was typical locally. A large salad appeared and a large plate which included dolmades, beans, meat, stuffed capsicums, spinach with egg and a crepe of some sort. All seasoned beautifully and very traditional. I couldnt eat any more but was also presented with a small dessert and raki - beautiful!

Owner is very kind and generous, food authentic, meal including salad, dessert, large main and a beer cost 1000 leke, very good value. If you are nearby, well worth checking out. Highly recommended.

4  Thank Attilla64

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Go and have some traditional dishes from this very kind man. He speaks some words of french, one of the girls was perfectly fluent in italian.

Food is good and served in big portions. Don't miss it before or after you visit of the castle!

1  Thank Ruomwald
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Excellent traditional Albanian meals of many, many courses. The owner entertained with a little song and dance. Truly unique experience in this little spot.

3  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I was so impressed by the food at this little restaurant. We ate what the locals at the table next to us had & it was delicious. Local dishes of broad beans in sauce, stuffed baby eggplant, squash filled with mince & herbs, Greek salad, watermelon & baby figs. Everything was prepared lovingly with fresh herbs & served quickly.

2  Thank JoLMcB
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The menu is not so described, but we can really follow advices of the owner. We have eaten famous traditional meals

1  Thank Ricosunn