“Worst mattress ever,,,,,,unfriendly staff.....”
Review of Motel 6 Bernalillo

Motel 6 Bernalillo
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bernalillo
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Late evening arrival, front desk person seemed to be interrupted from her personal phone call and tv watching, and wasn't friendly.
Room was very small, felt like I was in a closet, and this room had the worst hotel mattress I've slept on in my 50 years of traveling........lumpy, springs protruding under liner made for a very unpleasant night's rest. Pillows very small, and un-adequate in my opinion. Room was clean, but I couldn't get the heat to turn on during the night, but it eventually came on in the morning.
Morning front desk person was worse then the check-in help,,,,not a smile, not a good morning, not a word from the person as I was getting my morning coffee. I was wondering if these employees could even speak? It was like they didn't like their jobs.
Atleast they did have a elevator to the 3rd floor, but the carpet in the hallways and in front of room doors need to be updated. For the dollars spent, I won't say anymore, but I'd look elsewhere to stay if traveling along I-25 near Albuquerque again. Even the B/King next door had un-friendly help working the later shift > out of ice cream at 8pm? Guess they cleaned their machine and weren't interested in added sales that day?

Room Tip: Look for another place to spend the night!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Regis A, General Manager at Motel 6 Bernalillo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

As the new General Manager, I am working hard to get my property back on track. My goal of 100% guest satisfaction is the main focus. I will take all of your comments and use them to change my property into the best it can be.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

I am amazed at the good reviews that this motel received. How did this motel get into the AAA tour book is beyond me.
Come on people - this is less than basic. The whole place looks bare and stripped down. The carpet is worn in places. They do not provide kleenex in the room (!!!) and of course no shampoo. The bed spread is used also as a blanket. When was it laundered last??? The towels are tiny and paper thin. Yes. They do give you more towels "upon request" and some more soap.
There were a couple of good things: the A/C was quiet and the Wi Fi worked well.
All in all considering the lack of amenities and the lack of breakfast - this was no bargain at all.

Room Tip: Don't stay there will be your best bet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 September 2012

Last time there this was a Quality Inn -- and the stripped down conversion to Motel 6 was all too obvious.I expected basic but the thinness and brevity of the towels was ridiculous and cheesy. I understand no shampoo etc but really, no box of tissues? More importantly we were there 4 nights -- and the room wasn't done up when we returned at 7:30 pm. our last night. Got new towels, but staff hadn't written up the problem when we left in the morning. Particularly irritating b/ctheir in-room card says new sheets after third night. Also lack of breakfast made low rate no bargain, and coffee machine wasn't working early Sunday morning. We like the location and the queenbed/suite configuration and the staff was very pleasant, but the Motel 6's too basic basic. . Last time we stay there.

Room Tip: Make sure you book on the non-highway side. Above 1st floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Stayed a week it was clean and very reasonable. Only problem was the key cards kept wiping out every day of stay and had to get them reloaded every evening upon returning to room. All other aspects of the stay were pleasant and uneventful.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rickdama
Reviewed 3 June 2012

For the price, around $40, I don't have too many complaints, but i do have a couple. No coffee in the room and the coffee machine outside the lobby dispensed a watery quasi-coffee. So I had to run over to the Burger King next door every morning.

The other is that of all the cheapo hotels nearby, this is the most isolated one, with just that lone Burger King in site. The others, just over the highway had much better access to shops and restaurants. I'd opt in favor of those next time.

On the positive side, the staff is friendly, and the wifi and Cable TV are better than average.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank gregsandiego
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Building was clean and in good repair. The clerk assigned us a room, but by the time we came back in with luggage she realized that room had a broken tv and switched us to a suite. We didn't need any of the suite perks but it was nice anyway. We were given wifi for free.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank oobleckclyde
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Near the interstate , but no road noice. Free coffee. Very clean and new rooms. Complain about the fact they charge for wifi and you may get it for free, It worked for us. Good local, near to shopping and food joints

Room Tip: Motel is on the one way north running Pan American frontage road that runs paralled to the interstat...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jay34144
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bernalillo
Holiday Inn Express Alburquerque N - Bernalillo
#43 of 143 in Albuquerque
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 5 in Rio Rancho

Been to Motel 6 Bernalillo? Share your experiences!