“Good Home Base for Local outings~BAD Coffee”
Review of Motel 6 Bernalillo

Motel 6 Bernalillo
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bernalillo
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Overall good hotel, living up to the brand for pricing and close to many local area attractions. My room was clean, however it was in real need of some fixing up in my bathroom and the thin walls let conversations spill over.
There is no breakfast fare offered here except for that TERRIBLE Coffee Machine in the defunct breakfast area, which made extremely UNPALATABLE Coffee... tasted like too much cheap instant coffee had been infused into the small amount of water dispensed for each cup ~ way too strong, bitter and horrible... Denny's was just a block down the street....

Room Tip: Rooms on the East side were next to I-25 and rooms on the West side were quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Staff was very friendly. When I asked for extra towels the young lady at the front desk quickly brought them up to me. My room was clean for being that is was a little run down. If the managment put some money into the place the hotel could be even nicer. I will definitely be staying at this hotel when i'm passing through.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stay at this motel 6 often and I will not go to any other motel 6. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the motel is located right off the exit which makes it easy access. I have stayed at this brand quite often and this motel has exceeded the other motels. I recommend eating at sadies in the casino.

Room Tip: suites are nice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank vic M
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The front desk staff was really nice and helpful. There is not much to do in Bernalillo but the front desk recommended the range for dinner and it was excellent! The rooms were clean the a lot better quality compared to the normal motel 6. I also liked the location because it was right off the freeway. Also great views of the Sandias. This hotel will be on my families priority list when traveling to New Mexico.

Room Tip: suites are nice
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sarah k
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had the nightmare of experiencing. I am not a hotel snob by no means and I have stayed in less than average places before because I had to. This nightmare was definitely the worst experience ever. We made reservations 5 months ahead of time and when we arrived, we were no where to be found in their system. Apparently if you booked your reservation in the week prior OR you WALKED in for a room, you were given priority because they never hit "confirm" for all of the reservations prior. A "system glitch" was blamed. It took us over 1.5 hours to check in. Once checked in, I wish we would have never wasted our time. Nasty, nasty, nasty. Dogs had urinated everywhere. The bathrooms had other people's hair on the counters as well as the toilet and the showers. The sheets felt like sand paper. There were people walking the halls and lobby in bedroom slippers .... obviously "long time residents". There was a sleazy guy hanging out at the front desk our entire stay ... "visiting" with the front desk clerk. The entire experience was horrible and grossly cheap. We checked out early the next morning .. just needed to get out of there. This seriously was the worst experience ever. I would pay to stay the night in my car or an RV park in my car before I paid for this nightmare. Sorry for being harsh but I wouldn't want anyone wasting their money or vacation plans on this place.

Room Tip: A tip I would offer would be "check in to a different hotel or sleep in your car"
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Try_New_Things_1234
Regis A, General Manager at Motel 6 Bernalillo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

As the new General Manager, I am working hard to get my property back on track. My goal of 100% guest satisfaction is the main focus. I will take all of your comments and use them to change my property into the best it can be.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

my family and I just decided to stop a rest after a 16 hour drive, first off the older lady working the front desk (fran) was very very rude, she got my info for the room and she handed me my receipt and she did not give me any keys, so when i asked her if i can get some keys she slammed the stapler on the counter and said "HOW MANY DO YOU WANT" once we got up to the room we noticed we didn't have enough towels so when we went back down to the front desk we waited for her to finish her conversation on her personal cell phone and said "WHAT DO YOU NEED" not "HOW MAY I HELP YOU" like a decent person would say. All i have to say is if she doesn't like her job then she needs to find something else. when heading back down to get our other luggage, i over heard a man asking her if he can get coffee and she said "no" and then he asked if they had hot water available and she literally went "UGH NO" while we were outside getting our luggage the man came outside and said "can you believe her, she no customer service skills and she is so rude" im glad we were not the only ones effected by her attitude.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank nicole l

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Nightgown on I got into bed,when I had to get something i felt something hard on my right leg-it was a metal mattress bar(not plastic protector) and it punctured my leg about 2 inches on the ankle.AND two other bars with HIDDEN by the bedskirt that could also get you. We clamped pressure on it and I went into a little shock.
The manager and his wife came up and fixed the bed after my husband showed them a picture on my I-pad. They blamed kids jumping on the beds,but did not the maids see this when they cleaned the room? They could have also been hurt. They did not charge us for the room. My husband fixed it with a butterfly bandaid, and I have my 'Motel Six Scar"!

Room Tip: I should not rate the restaurant(not there) and the pool(not in use.)I would not stay there again.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bernalillo
Holiday Inn Express Alburquerque N - Bernalillo
#43 of 143 in Albuquerque
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 5 in Rio Rancho

Been to Motel 6 Bernalillo? Share your experiences!