“Great food nice people. Bathrooms were A+++! just go.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Casita Cafe - CLOSED

La Casita Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Columbus, Ohio
“Great food nice people. Bathrooms were A+++! just go.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stopped here while driving from santa fe to abq. It was yummy food and like the shortest wait time for a meal I've ever experienced. The bathrooms were so clean and beautifully decorated. It was like being in someone's house.

1 Thank Phatbenny

Austin, TX
“The best sopapillas I've ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

We pulled in because of the nearly full parking lot at 12:45 on Friday afternoon, and had a great lunch of delicious New Mexico cooking. Each of the meals came with 2 fresh sopapillas (puffy pockets of fried bread - but that description does not do them justice). They were great for sopping up chile or with honey for dessert.
The dining room is bright and nicely furnished in a southwestern style and service was excellent. If we find ourselves anywhere near Bernalillo in the future, we'll be back.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank visitorAustin_TX
Jacksonville, FL
“Consistently Good Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

I love this place. I visited often while living in Rio Rancho 15 years ago and all that has changed is slightly higher prices. The food is always warm and the chiles delicious. Do NOT miss the sopapillas. I finally got back here from Florida for a visit and am glad to see that a great local place is as good as my taste buds remembered.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank fastman83
Long Island, New York
“An okay place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

I have nothing to complain about, nor can I sing of it's praises. A decent little place with pretty standard Mexican fare. I had a good meal at a fair price.

Visited January 2012
Bernalillo, New Mexico
“Good food, pleasant atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

We recently made our first visit to this Bernalillo favorite, and will definitely go back. I really liked that just about everything was available ala carte for very reasonable prices. My green chili chicken burrito was nice and spicy, great flavor, and not buried in cheese - very healthy meal. The service and atmosphere was great.

• Visited December 2011