Smokey Bear Motel
Hotwire.com
US$101
Hotwire.com
  • Bar/Lounge
MCM Elegante Lodge & Resort(Ruidoso)(Great Value!)
US$203
Travelocity
Village Lodge(Ruidoso)(Great Value!)
US$124
Hotels.com
Best Western Pine Springs Inn(Ruidoso Downs)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$81
Bestway Inn(Ruidoso Downs)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$54
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ruidoso Downs(Ruidoso Downs)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$106
US$76
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssmall fridge and microwavestay there againfiroomytoilet
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The TV was broken along with the Wifi. Coffee maker was stolen along with the remote to the TV. Ice machine was out of order. Bathroom was disgusting. Water barely dribbled out of the shower head. The sandpaper towels measured 2X3 ft. The bed was very uncomfortable. Only 1/3 of a roll of toilet paper left on the holder with no backup. Don't walk, RUN!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Robert J
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I am not going to waste your time and mine by explaining all the gory details of what was one of the nastiest experiences of my life staying anywhere! I will say that their serious lack of any sort of care for their guests or even their own self respect and dignity shows up in every aspect of this 'property'. The only consolation is that the owners/operators did admit they were leaving the motel business. A true blessing if it proves true as everything presented was an absolute farce to cover up what God only knows is going on in this place! If Capitan itself has any respect for itself it will run these 'people' out of town. An absolute disgrace to their beautiful community and Smokey's legacy! I can only pray for these people; for God to have mercy on them since I cannot...Dramatic, I know, but I would under no circumstances want anyone to stay in this place under its current condition/management!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Alexa W
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The motel is a one-story structure. It was quiet and the rooms were clean. The heavy wooden furniture and Mexican tiles in the bathroom give the motel an unique feel that fits in well with the historic home of the small community of Capitan.

Room Tip: It is the only motel in town so the rates are not low but are fairly priced.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank maryalbuquerque2
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I also have a hard time giving this one even one star. When we turned the a/c on, dust went everywhere. The sheets were dirty. Carpet dirty. Squeaky mattresses. We stayed about 5 minutes after my daughter had a coughing fit from the dust. We should have written our sentiments on the dust on the furniture. When I went back to the office to get our money back, they did so, but still charged us for 2 keys! Don't let the name fool you... this is not a cute little motel.

Room Tip: Go to Ruidosa
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Cathy R
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I've stayed here before - and left a review down below. Not much has changed - for better or worse.
The room was ok. Bathroom is still "icky". It was a large bathroom, yet there was NO counterspace, and nowhere to put your stuff as you dressed for the day. You certainly didn't want to lay your toothbrush down anywhere. I ended up setting my toiletry bag on the shelf above the hanger rack (Yes, you hang your coat and good shirts in the bathroom!).

Towels were small, and you wouldn't want to use them on your car for fear they'd scratch the paint.

The sheets were clean, bed as not uncomfortable. The place is quiet, and the oversize rocking chair was cool. Wi-fi works. I kept telling myself "this is a 50. dollar room, not 100. dollar suite"

It's next door to a restaurant and the food was good. I really liked that convenience.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple