“Santa Fe Sister Weekend & 60th B Day!”

Broken Saddle Riding Company
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Cerrillos
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My sisters and sister in Laws traveled to Santa Fe last weekend to celebrate our friendship, and my 60th birthday. The highlight of our trip was our 2 hour ride at Broken Saddle! We are all riders, and really appreciate the quality and care of the horses, the professionalism of the staff, and our very accomplished wrangler/guide who is a well versed historian, geologist, herbalist and comedian! I've ridden at ranches all over the country and this one is the BEST! These aren't your normal trail horses for sure. They are all beautiful gaited horses who respond to each individual rider. Thank you Broken Saddle for making our family celebration wonderful!!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

'Harold and the Boys' were professional, friendly, authentically cowboy and treated their horses and their clientele with care and respect. We had a sister's reunion in Santa Fe and our trail ride on our beautiful Tennessee Walker steeds with Carl leading us over the hills and through the canyons was crazy fun and a highpoint of the visit. Thank you for such a great time. You are the best at what you do at Broken Saddle.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband & I went for the two hour ride w/Harold, the (owner). The tack room was spotless, helmets, clean & disinfected, paddocks were very clean. My husband said the bathrooms were clean. the horses were amazing & healthy & happy. I've only ridden quater horses in my life, & been around warm bloods, but these Tennessee Walkers have such a smooth incredible gate. These horses are responsive & have a very sweet & gentile dispostion, they are extremely well mannered. I'm hooked now, (on Tennessee Walkers) would love to ride there again. The area has a rich history of mining & Harold showed us some off the mine shafts & gorgeous views & mountain vistas. Harold, the owner is a great photographer also! Thanks for the great memories! Might just go back to NM for the ridding.

Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I noticed a few ranches giving horseback rides while in NM for a week and am glad I followed the recommendations for Broken Saddle. Those dotted Cerillos hills and mountains you see from a distance is actually where the ride takes place, not just in a stable. The owner gave us helpful information to start and as a complete beginner I felt comfortable on my horse, no doubt because of his advice. Being on horseback in Cerillos and being able to see other mountain ranges in the distance was a beautiful and fun experience. This is where to go for horseback rides!

Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I hadn't been on a horse in over 35 years but visiting this area had me determined to view the landscape from the saddle. Broken Saddle is extremely professional, knowledgable of the land and it's history. the views are so, so lovely. Carl, our cowhand, had us all feeling secure ,if not confident. Highly recommended .