“Wonderful Place to Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chama
Dancing Wolf Resort
Ranked #3 of 9 Chama B&B and Inns
Clovis, New Mexico
“Wonderful Place to Stay”
Reviewed 29 September 2012

My husband and I went to Chama over Labor Day this year. We try to go someplace different each year. This year we decided to ride the train that leaves from Chama and I picked this place because it was close to the Train Station and because I found only positive things about the Resort and the people that run the resort when I searched the internet. I was very pleasantly surprised that everything I found on the internet was correct. The room is much prettier in person than in the pictures. Jim was very helpful and so were the people in the gift shop. We also enjoyed shopping at the gift shop. Wonderful view from our balcony. We could sit and watch people board the train and the employees moving the engines during the day and in the evening we watched the deer come by within just a few feet or our balcony. The room was very beautiful. Each morning we had breakfast at Fina's, people were very nice and the food was
very good. We are talking about making another trip to Chama just to stay at the resort and enjoy Fina's, even though we normally try a different area on our trips. We saw deer, elk and bears while we were there. This is a wonderful place to stay and would recommend it to anyone that is going on a trip.

Room Tip: There are only two rooms they are both beautiful and very quiet and you feel very safe in the buildi...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cjl90

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I just came back from staying 2 nights at Dancing Wolf while enjoying the changing leaves from the Chama-Toltec train. I had the red room and my friends had the blue room. What can I say - we had no idea what we were going to find and boy were we blown away! The rooms were exquisite and there was no question that Jim and his business partner paid attention to every detail in making a visitor's stay memorable. Although the rooms leave you almost speechless when you see them, the key to the whole stay was how Jim himself made everything special by his friendliness and his overall care in making our stay perfect. I will stay there again next year!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Steve D
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Started ten day vacation in charming Chama and didn't want to leave!!!! There were two couples from Edmond,Ok staying in the beautiful little town of Chama. We were surprised and pleased to find it so much fun...Jim was the perfect host and has thought of EVERYTHING you could possibly want or need... The rooms were over the top comfortable and beautiful.... and he even met us at the train station with an umbrella!!! The area is charming and we will return for sure.... Thanks Jim for an awesome beginning!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
nv
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Amenities and decors are great-stunning, extremely well designed and comfortable. I was really impressed with the personal touch given to every detail that was in the room. Complimentary wines and goodies are lined up, ref is full-what a treat. Its worth the price!!!! You'll get beyond what you paid for! Jim and David thank you so much for wonderful Chama Days. Really what could I say but once again thank you so much and that my stay was absolutely Fantastic!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank helendsto
Albuquerque
Reviewed 5 January 2010

Our visit to the Dancing Wolf resort was phenomenal, Chama was a fun town, but The dancing Wolf was the highlight of our time in this sleepy mountain town. The proprietor, Jim, was an absolute dream. he was gracious and kind, helpful with tips about the area, and had thought of every amenity - from turn down service, to great wine, and a well selected film library. And that is not even mentioning the shower, which made one not want to leave the room...ever. All in all the great settings, combined with a wonderful host, created an intimate magical evening, and hopefully soon we will return to see our friend Jim. A must stay if you are lodging in Chama!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank durkdurk
Chama NM
Reviewed 25 July 2009

After looking for weeks for a destination on our 25th aniv., we decided to stay in Chama NM. Our choice of Dancing Wolf was one we will always remember. We arrived and was greeted by the most friendliest people. Jim, gave us a tour of the room. WOW!!! The most impressive one bedroom I have ever seen. I had advised Jim that we were celebrating our 25th, and he delivered. Waiting for us were the most beautiful dozen roses. Needless to say, my wife was impressed. Every night, our room would be waiting for us in perfect shape, and the most delicious chocolates next to our pillow. Yes, we paid 200 bucks, but I would pay them again (and I will), in a heartbeat. Also included were complimentary Wine, Snacks, a variety of drinks (alcoholic and non). I can go on and on!!!

Looking for a romantic trip, this is your place.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank citiman
Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2009

We returned from Chama last week after enjoying this lovely gem in the mountains. Having tripped over it (thank goodness) while shopping at the downstairs gift and clothing store, we were thrilled with our Dancing Wolf experience and especially with Jim, our host. Everything written about the rooms, amenities, and ambience in the other reviews here are ABSOLUTELY right on and true. We too spent our evening sitting on the beautiful balcony watching the trains, and an occasional elk grazing in the pasture below. We only had one night at the Dancing Wolf as we were in New Mexico for fly fishing at the Chama Land & Cattle Co. We moved on to the Lodge for the remainder of our trip, but we would have enjoyed staying here for the entire time we were in NM. A truly great experience....it is the nicest, most luxurious spot! You won't believe it!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple