“GREAT place to stay! We WILL be back!”
Review of Cumbres Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chama
Cumbres Suites
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Chama
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We stayed two nights here in the middle of December. The Coreys were very hospitable. The rooms are huge and the furniture comfortable. We stayed in Room 3 with a large King bed and a sunken tub/shower. The room also had a small refrigerator and coffee maker in the room. They offer a continental breakfast and coffee was made and ready every morning we were there. Nice small town with great access to the San Juan National Forest and the Cumbres and Toltec Railroad. I would definitely recommend this quaint and clean B&B. We didn't want to leave and will return again.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are handy to the breakfast area. Room 3 has King bed and sunken tub.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JGilley

Reviewed 12 October 2011

I booked 3 rooms for a two night stay in Chama with Terre Corey. Booking was so easy and Terre was so patient and friendly. I had to cancel one of the rooms without any questions or problems.

Upon arrival we were greeted with a warm welcome and were shown our rooms. My room (#3) was HUGE! Very clean and well supplied. It is located upstairs (no elevator) the last room on the left. Our bathroom seperated our next door neighbors. The only time I could hear our neighbors (muffled laughs) was when I was in the bathroom/dressing area which was also very roomy with a small refrigerator and a huge sunken tub.I liked all the hanging space available & 2 luggage holders. Very convienent for keeping closthes neat and organized in the dressing area, especially for an extended stay.

We didn't use the sitting area much (couch & chair) but it was nice and comfy. The little eating area was a snack bar with 2 stools. I especially liked the ceiling fan the control was on the headboard with a dimmer switch for the lights. I found the bed comfortable. I just had a hard time finding a pillow that I liked, but I have the same problem at home too. The bedroom was so large the remote was too far away to operate the tv while in bed. We slept with the windows open and heard very little street noise.

Terre and Kip did everything possible to make our stay plesant including making some "Louisiana Mud" coffee. The breakfast room was warm and cozy even though it was snowing outside. Most of the time when we went down to the breakfast room we would leave our door unlocked without any problems. All of the guests were extremely friendly. The whole place had a very homy feeling to it. I would definitely stay there again & would not hesitate to recommend Cumbres Suites to friends and family.

Room Tip: Room 1 is downstairs just off the breakfast room. I am not sure how much noise you would hear from t...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank denisegdavid
Reviewed 3 August 2011

The staff was friendly and very helpful making the reservations. But it was really nothing special. No hair dryer or extras. The breakfast was just package rolls or cereal. The sheets were very rough on one bed. None of the bedding matched but it was clean. The mattresses were not too comfortable and we were glad we had taken our own pillows. No pool. It was a little to warm and there was no air conditioner on lower floor. There was a ceiling fan that we put to good use.

Room Tip: The ads for places to stay in Chama don't all show up when checking the attractions. Go to the c...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank granna_I
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We were satisfied with our stay at Cumbres Suites. As others have reported, the room was very large. We had two queen beds, a recliner, a couch and small table and chairs. The furnishings could use some updating. Not the most comfortable bed I've slept in. We were upstairs off of the breakfast room. The breakfast provided was adequate. Coffee, juice, bagels/cream cheese, purchased biscuits/sausage, cereal, assorted purchased muffins/pastries. The man who met us at the desk for check in and check out was very personable and courteous.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank jhise
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Loved this place! It was sort of a combo B&B/hotel, with rooms in the same building as the owner's living space. The breakfast area was large and comfy (stocked with standard, prepared breakfast items like cereal, packaged donuts, various bagel/muffin/bread items, and fruit, as well as juice and coffee) and the rooms were upstairs, overlooking the breakfast room. They had a few rooms in a separate building but I did not see them. The rooms I did see were large - about 3 or 4 times the size of a standard hotel room - well-furnished, and comfy. Don't come expecting a Sheraton - come expecting to feel like you're staying at a well-known relative's home. And we were treated as such, too! We're not normally the B&B "type" -- like to stick to ourselves - but were made to feel comfortable here. Next time we're in Chama this will be the place we stay!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MinneapolisPeeker
Reviewed 19 June 2011

What a great place to stay. The room was huge, clean and comfortable. The shower/tub was awesome. The staff were friendly and helpful. If your coming to the area, I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank Jokernv
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Interesting to share living quarters with in cabin inhabitants. Bed and breakfast style I guess. Just not used to that! Accommodations were adequate! Although I did come across that suspect hair on the pillow case when I pulled back the sheets when ready for bed! (As mentioned in an earlier review). I tried to reason that it was maybe from me but it couldn't have been as I have very, very short hair! Found that disgusting but I lysol sprayed the place down just to be safe!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family