“Great food, service needs work”
Review of Elk Horn Cafe

Elk Horn Cafe
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Chama
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: American
Description: The Elkhorn Cafe is a restaurant located in scenic Chama New Mexico featuring New Mexican and American Cuisine. Rustic, great food and friendly Service!!
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We ate here once on a Thursday night. Seated immediately, but there was a table of 5 teenagers that were obviously friends of the two teenage staff that were working. That table had all the attention. Finally, one of the girls at that table flagged a waitress and clued her in that we had not been waited on. She was apologetic and we ordered. Food was outstanding! We did find out it was only her 3rd day waitressing and she really outdid herself trying to make up for the lack of service when we got there. Meanwhile, the two teenage boys cleaned a table at a snails pace, discussing how they wished there was a tv on the restaurant. I would go back for the food alone, but the training of the servers needs work.

1  Thank MaverickKruse

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were passing through on vacation a few weeks ago and took the chance to stop there for lunch. The portions were huge (re: grilled steak quesadilla), some so large that I felt like I took on a "food challenge" (man won). The service was great as was the food and everyone was very friendly. We made a point to stop there for lunch again the next day. I would highly recommedn this restaurant to anyone.

3  Thank Allen T
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Really good chicken salad, it was fresh, and tasty. The service was fast and friendly. We will stop by again some time.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I got a trout dinner to go while staying at the Elk Horn Lodge. The girl who got my order was so friendly and some of the staff came out to meet my dogs while I waited outside for my dinner. Food was very good!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Nice outside dining area, friendly environment inside, good food. I would definitely eat there again. Stay away from the key lime pie. They need a new recipe

Been to Elk Horn Cafe? Share your experiences!