I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the River Bend Lodge in Chama. It was my first time to Chama and I arrived late at night. I'd heard of the RBL from family and thought I'd check it out. I found it easily along hwy 84/64, about a half mile out of "town". It felt like an oasis after a long stressful drive. The staff was friendly and responsive. The room was very inviting - clean, very spacious, and felt like home (room 101). Very comfortable bed too!
My opinion is that this is the perfect environment for any age category. I saw young families, singles, motorcycle groups, and retired couples. It's a "family-type setting" in that it's quiet, peaceful and has an uplifting sense about the whole property. (I would not recommend this property if you are a "party-hard and loud" person, as they have very open and strict rules about disturbances).
There's a short river walk at the back of the property and sitting/reading/bird-watching area at the bank of the Chama River. The property is not new, but is kept very neat and clean. It has a homey feel. If you're looking for luxury, no-where in Chama is going to meet your expectations. If you're looking for a comfortable, clean, pleasant environment, I don't think you could ask for more than the RBL offers. Very glad I chose this place. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Chama.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here at the Chama River Bend Lodge we have been building relationships since 1989! Nestled on a spacious five-acre partial on the banks of the Chama River, you will find breathtaking views of the San Juan mountain range and Chama Peak. We are conveniently located to meet your recreational, sight seeing, camping, and vacation needs in every season. Winter offers excellent cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, a hot air balloon rally, and ice fishing on the Rio Chamita, as well as nearby El Vado and Heron lakes. Summer promises mild but beautiful weather for an exciting ride aboard the Cumbres Toltec steam train, or camping, fishing, horseback riding, and excursions through nearby wildlife reserves. The Chama River Bend Lodge offers both rooms and cabins to accommodate your party's reservation needs. All accommodations are smoke-free and have a private entrance, private bath, air-conditioning, refrigerator, and a coffee maker. After a long, fun-filled day in the woods, relax under the stars in our outdoor hot tub, or enjoy s'mores and conversation cozied around a fire-pit near the river. We hope you will choose the Chama River Bend Lodge as your next destination for vacation, family reunions, group gatherings, a weekend getaway, a wedding or any special occasion--we sincerely look forward to serving you. Pet friendly in CABINS only! No Pets in Rooms ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Priceline so you can book your Chama River Bend Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chama River Bend Hotel Chama
- Chama River Bend Lodge New Mexico