“very welcoming”

Chama River Bend Lodge
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Chama
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the River Bend Lodge in Chama. It was my first time to Chama and I arrived late at night. I'd heard of the RBL from family and thought I'd check it out. I found it easily along hwy 84/64, about a half mile out of "town". It felt like an oasis after a long stressful drive. The staff was friendly and responsive. The room was very inviting - clean, very spacious, and felt like home (room 101). Very comfortable bed too!

My opinion is that this is the perfect environment for any age category. I saw young families, singles, motorcycle groups, and retired couples. It's a "family-type setting" in that it's quiet, peaceful and has an uplifting sense about the whole property. (I would not recommend this property if you are a "party-hard and loud" person, as they have very open and strict rules about disturbances).

There's a short river walk at the back of the property and sitting/reading/bird-watching area at the bank of the Chama River. The property is not new, but is kept very neat and clean. It has a homey feel. If you're looking for luxury, no-where in Chama is going to meet your expectations. If you're looking for a comfortable, clean, pleasant environment, I don't think you could ask for more than the RBL offers. Very glad I chose this place. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Chama.

Room Tip: Room 101 is very comfortable and spacious. If I were to stay in a cabin, I would chose C60 (porch...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Thank you, Julio and Sandra for providing a great place for our 'overflow' volunteers to stay in close proximity to our headquarters. Our volunteers enjoyed the nice, comfortable beds, spacious clean rooms in a beautiful mountain setting along the Chama River.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I woke up in the middle of the night and heard something crawling in the wall, or on the floor. I checked it out and found the noise came from inside the walls throughout the cabin. Needless to say, my family could not sleep at all. I hace always stayed here and this is my first and last bad experience.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Lazaca
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed one night in the RBL. What a lovely setting! The lodge is comfortable and homey. Big porch to sit on; screen door in case you want fresh air (screen door is in addition to the main door). Kids playing volleyball out in the yard. Nice furnishings, new carpet, comfortable beds, wi-fi Management is friendly and responsive. We had a bit of a problem with the screen door and the owner himself was there to fix it in under 5 minutes. I'd love to go back and stay for a week, just unwind!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We loved our one night stay right on the banks of the Chama River. We immediately found the proprietors friendly, and they offered us very fair off season rates. We stayed in the hotel portion of the property, which was cozy, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This place is prestine! Clean, cozy, quiet, and reasonably priced. I stayed three nights and I didn't want to leave. Not sure about the rooms but the cabin where I stayed felt like home. The staff was friendly and welcoming. Great choice on the front desk clerk. Gorgeous and smart. I wil definently be coming back soon.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Bed & pillows were super comfy (C40). Lots of space for a small cabin. Free bundle of fire wood, but the fireplace damper was broken so we ended up with a lot of smoke in the room. A bit over overpriced ($115) as the cabin was outdated in terms of decor and an old TV. Pretty clean, although a few details were overlooked. Staff was very nice, but being openly Christian made me a little uncomfortable.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple