We stayed here two nights in September, before and after riding the Cumbres & Toltec Railway. This hotel is still just like hotels were in the 70's, with the modern additions of Wi-Fi and a remote control TV. I liked it!
The hotel has been extremely well-maintained and was very clean. Rooms were large. Beds were comfy.
We rather liked that there was no fridge or microwave in the room. (I'd rather not sleep with someone else's cooking odors.)
Coffee in the lobby would have been nice, but there are some cafe's very nearby.
We will definitely stay here again on our next trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Rio Chama valley at the Southern tip of the spectacular Rocky Mountain Range, the Branding Iron Motel welcomes you from May to October and offers the comforts of home delivered with exceptional Southwestern hospitality. From our unrivaled location, hear the engineer’s whistle announcing the arrival and departure of trains from the historic Chama depot on the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Branding Iron Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Branding Iron Hotel Chama
- Branding Iron Motel Chama, New Mexico