“Wonderful small inn”
Review of Chama Station Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chama
Chama Station Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Chama
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Wonderful! The property was so much more than we ever dreamed of. The rooms were adorable. Each room had it's own appeal no two were the same. The staff was so pleasant. Ice buckets were not the normal "motel plastic" but were actual insulated ice buckets. We stayed in room 9, one of the two with a fireplace. Beautiful room, this is the first room that I have ever stayed in that I had to take a picture of before we put our luggage in it. The grounds were gorgeous, there were chairs that you could relax in and enjoy the lovely surroundings. I want to go back !!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank IdahoTraveler263
There are newer reviews for Chama Station Inn

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at the Chama Station Inn last week as an overnight stop on a road trip through New Mexico. It is a small motel in the center of town across from the historic railway. My room was clean, spacious, quiet, and with a home-like feel. It had all the amenities one might need (unless you are looking for a hotel with a business center). The price seemed fair fro the location and quality of the room. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. Although there are eateries right near by, the High Country Cafe about a mile away is a very friendly, rustic establishment serving great steaks. If in this part of New Mexico again, I would stay at the Chama Station Inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank vabud
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Quiet. Clean. Comfortable. Highly recommend. We were booked for the train ride and stayed overnight here. Friendly staff. We walked through town. Great place to stay. Our room had 1 double bed and a twin bed. Very comfortable matresses. Lovely courtyard where we watched the hummingbirds. Just delightful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Al P
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and I went to Chama in mid October to ride the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad. We stayed at the Chama Station Inn. What a delight. Rosa and her husband Tony were fabulous hosts. The room was clean and so devine. I felt like I was staying at my grandmothers. Old wooden floors, beautiful rugs, an antique dresser for the sink. We got snow the second day we were there, but the room was cozy and warm. I would highly recommend this Inn to anyone riding the train or just visiting. There is a delightful garden and sitting area on the property. It is close to shopping and breakfast and dining areas, so walking is easy.

Room Tip: They do have rooms with fireplaces, only two and they go fast, so make reservations long in advance...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Carol G
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I came to Chama specifically for the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad, and stayed here for two nights in September, and I will definitely be back. I arrived around 9 but my key had been left in an envelope for me outside of the office.

I stayed in Room #1. The room was clean and charmingly decorated. The coffee pot with coffee, hot chocolate, and various other items was a nice touch. With my windows propped open I could hear the noises of the engines hissing in the yards all night, and was woken up up the whistle early the next morning (which I was totally fine with).

It was rather chilly around this time of the year, so I totally didn't notice that there was no air conditioning. (I did make use of the heater though) The windows could all be opened and there was a fan, so I wouldn't have minded this at all had I been there in the summer.

The morning I checked out I had pulled my car around the front to load it, and it was covered by some sort of leaves dropped by the tree it had been parked under. The lady who was working at the desk was out watering the plants, and very kindly offered to hose off my car for me.

Was it great? Yes. Do I recommend it? YES!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank ncparker91
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This was the perfect place for our family to stay prior to riding the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad recently. We booked two rooms and were delighted with both. The place has just the right mix of old fashioned while being perfectly comfortable, and the owners are very
accommodating. Just across the street is a picturesque old saloon and hotel whose restaurant serves the best pancakes on earth for breakfast, and you can just walk across the street to board the bus or train for the railroad ride.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank cjg1950
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

We made reservations with the owner and she was beyond amazing. Full of helpful information and options to suit our needs for the trip to ride the train. Small child friendly and grandparent question ready. Perfect spot to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013