Casa Escondida Bed & Breakfast
US$59
Rodeway Inn(Espanola)
US$43
US$42
Santa Claran Hotel Casino(Espanola)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$130
Ohkay Casino Resort Hotel(Ohkay Owingeh (San Juan Pueblo))
US$101
US$93
Travelocity
US$149
Travelocity
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$138
  • Pool
Homewood Suites Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$549
US$500
All reviewssun roomb bnorthern new mexicohot tubthe main housevista roomliving roomsanta fehigh road to taosprivate deckbird feedersbed and breakfastday bedbreakfast was deliciousgreen chiliother guestsfrench doors
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2013

This is a great BB off the beaten path ... Located in Chimayo Valley.. just 30 minutes North of Santa Fe ... Come here to get recharged .. leave all the laptops, iPads behind ..The owner and staff are great.. The rooms are romatic , get some wine and chesse and hold each other near the kiva fireplace .. I've stayed 4 times its great each time ..

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stayed here Friday 2/22 and really enjoyed it. We chose one of the lower priced rooms. i believe it was the Garden Room, located in a separate building a few steps off the patio right on the way to the hot tub, (which we didn't use.) It was very small but comfortable and attractive. My only criticism was that the pillows were very firm, so if you like pillows that are soft and squishy or down-like, BYO. Belinda, the owner was very friendly, nice and helpful. She gave us good directions, which you need. It's a little hard to find. I recommend getting there while it's still light. Belinda was not at Casa Escondida when we called for a reservation within 15-20 minutes before we arrived. She planned to meet us at the entrance to the driveway with her lights flashing, so we wouldn't miss the turn. We actually beat her there. Our GPS found it reasonably well. We enjoyed reading by the fire in the cozy common living room and had a taste egg and green chili casserole with fresh fruit, orange juice, coffee and lemon poppyseed bread for breakfast. M-m-m-m. Belinda also made reservations at the local restaurant nearby. We will definitely return. It must be really beautiful in the spring, summer and fall when the patio is available. Chimayo is also a central spot to explore this part of NM.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DenverDebby
Reviewed 8 January 2013

This is the second time we've booked in at Casa Escondido. This time we booked the freestanding Casita with sitting room and kitchenette. It was wonderful. In addition to the great facilities, Belinda and her staff make everyone feel totally at home. They have helpful resources and great inside information on the sights, shopping, and just about anything else you're interested in. The breakfasts are tailored to the Southwest Mexican cuisine.

The location of this B&B couldn't be better. Between Santa Fe, Taos, Ghost Ranch, the Wilderness, Craft Shops, etc, etc. etc. We stayed two weeks and still didn't see it all. We'll be back.

Room Tip: For us, the Casita was well worth the extra money
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Last week my girlfriend and I were traveling through NM on a hot springs road trip and wanted to spoil ourselves before camping in the mountains for a few days. Many other B&Bs were booked and I found an available room here for the time. This was my first experience in a B&B and I was pleasantly surprised at how well put together this little inn was. It was quaint and off the road, which we both appreciated. The common room was cozy and homelike when we arrived with the resident cat napping quietly on couch. We checked in late and ate dinner at a local restaurant then fell asleep quickly. We awoke to a rooster crowing and a beautiful sunrise. The breakfast served was a delicious egg casserole alongside a wonderful cinnamon infused coffee. A few more breakfast options would have been nice but we are not picky eaters so it didn't affect us in the slightest. We had a great time and would like to come back next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2013

The building itself is lovely. We have been to quite a few Band B's and this was by far our least favorite. The little things were missing. The squirt soap and lotion dispensers reminded me of summer camp as a kid. The morning breakfast was also disappointing. The bread was set out the night before. It was covered with syran wrap, but just the thought of it setting out all night was not my favorite. There was not any butter and the "Mexican" eggs were dissapointing. They were scrambled eggs mixed with some salsa. I am from the area so I was not fooled. We hardly slept and woke with back aches. The mattress was very firm and so were the pillows. We were woken up in the middle of the night by a cat meowing at the door. The owner is not on premise and it is run by others. I missed the personal contact that I have grown to love from Bed and Breakfasts.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Antoinette M
EnchantedNewMexico, Owner at Casa Escondida Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased that you liked the building and we are sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. I wanted to follow-up in response to your concerns. First, I wanted to direct you to our website. You will see a tab that says “Green Friendly”. Click on it and you can read about the MANY things that we do, to be low impact on the environment. The soap, lotion, shampoo and hand soap dispensers are just one of the environmentally friendly things that we do. Individual soaps and shampoos, etc. have an excessive amount of packaging which generates an unbelievable amount of trash that goes into our landfills. Individual soaps are also wasteful in terms of the amount of energy and raw materials that are required for the production of these individual items, which are intended for single use. Single use items also results in the unnecessary waste of the actual product. We in fact, pride ourselves on using these types of dispensers. We are sorry that you don’t seem to appreciate the benefit. As far as our baked goods, we do bake our own breakfast breads in-house (pumpkin, blueberry, gingerbread, etc). In the late afternoon, it is sliced, plated, wrapped and then placed on the dining room table in preparation for serving the following morning. We only plate enough for that meal. If freshness or safety were an issue, we wouldn’t do it. Just to clarify, health code does not require refrigeration of baked goods. Baked goods being stored at room temperature is perfectly safe and acceptable. If you think about the baked goods that are in any grocery store or bakery, they are not refrigerated. If you desired butter, we would have been delighted if you had asked. We serve sweet, unsalted butter. We could have easily provided butter for you, if that is how you prefer to eat your sweet bread but we are not able to meet a need that you don’t make us aware of. You assumption that we simply mix salsa with eggs to make our “Spanish Eggs” is not correct. We DO garnish the finished eggs with a little salsa and cilantro but there is no salsa mixed with or cooked with the eggs. You can find the complete recipe for our Spanish Eggs in the current edition of “The Best Recipes from New Mexico's B and Bs”, published from the University of New Mexico Press. We do have a resident cat that is very people friendly. We understand that not everyone is a cat lover and we are sorry if he disturbed you. That is why we suggest that you close the door between the living area and the hallway. This will prevent the cat from being able to get to your sleeping room door. I’m the owner and I am on premise. I do have staff, as it is impossible for any one person to work every shift. I’m not sure what personal contact you were seeking that you didn’t feel as though you received but we have friendly and competent staff there to greet you and check you in upon arrival (if you arrived during check-in hours). There was staff there to serve you a full, hot breakfast each morning and there was staff to clean your room each day. If you had any needs that were not met and I was not physically in the house, you could have easily picked-up the guest phone that is in the living room and reached me by phone. The business phone number is even posted by the guest phone so that guests can easily reach a staff member at any time of day or night. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.