“They also have New Mexican food”

Hotel Eklund Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Clayton
Price range: US$0 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I see in the description at the top that the Eklund's New Mexican food is not mentioned. I am a vegetarian and always enjoy their vegetarian New Mexican plate with cheese enchilada, potato (and other ingredients) taco, and chili relleno. I recently enjoyed their vegetarian lasagna with feta and spinach. My husband is not a vegetarian and always enjoys the steaks, etc., that he gets. Included in their wine list are wines from New Mexico. I enjoy the Ponderosa chardonnay.

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

We stopped by, as we usually do on our way home from Santa Fe. We all enjoyed our meal, some more than others, but no one was disappointed. Service was good, not necessarily great, but very accommodating. The building is awesome and we hope to stay here sometime.

1  Thank chuckybear
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The old place was nice to look at. However the food was somewhat questionable. Not enough staff. They couldn't get the orders to the right tables. The steaks were really dry. It to bad is not managed better. And the help is overwhelmed.

Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Eklund hotel the same night we dined there

Our dining experience was fine, no problems and the food was fine,average like Applebee's or any place serviced by Sysco. The hotel experience was great,the restaurant experience average. I would eat there again as opposed to trying any other place in Clayton.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I love historic buildings, and read a small blurb as I was leaving that they are 2 yrs. into a renovation/remodel. Understood. But there are a lot of simple things that could done to enhance the restaurants character, to catch up with the hotel lobby, starting with lighting. Ambiance needed. The folks who greeted us as we entered were friendly, the dining room did not seem overly busy but the waitstaff seemed a bit disinterested. Had to ask for condiments that should have been a "given", (think ketchup with fries, salad dressing with salad). The food was fine, nothing special, I heard several people around me describe their food as "OK" when asked by the friendly greeters. I hoped for "more", more ambiance, more service. We travel through this area often, and have never stopped here before, and unless the coming months reviews improve, we won't stop again... I debated on rating it "poor", but that is not the case, they just need to work at it a little harder!