“Beautiful Old Home”

Ranked #1 of 3 Cloudcroft B&B and Inns
Fountain, Co
“Beautiful Old Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

This lovely two-story home (1906 or 1908) is up a quiet lane and surrounded by tall trees. Gail and Scott welcomed me to their B&B which is intensely personal with family photos and décor all over the place. I loved the quilts that were plentiful. My room was Spring #5 which had its own little balcony. Shower and loo as well. The upstairs used to be one huge loft but has been transformed and will blow your mind. My breakfast was tasty and filling and I loved their huge kitchen. Reminds me of stories of long ago when families could all pile into the kitchen and hang out. Bed was super comfy and I had a peaceful night. Gail mentioned the exercise room but I never got to see it. (I tried to remove the rating but it wouldn't, so I left it at "very good".)

Room Tip: My room was very quiet but the whole house appears to be quiet as I didn't see any immediate nei...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Adrienne P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Great service, great atmosphere, great rooms, GREAT breakfast. Scott and Gayle were extremely friendly and we enjoyed our in depth conversations with them. I highly recommend to all regardless of the length of your stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andres C
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I don't generally write reviews but my recent stay at the Crofting Inn moved me to make an exception. Being from the El Paso area, I have stayed in several places in and around Cloudcroft and this one wins hands down!
My husband and I recently stayed here and were amazed at the high level of hospitality, warmth, cleanliness, and overall sense of comfort that Scott and Gail provided us.
Upon arrival, we knew immediately that there was something very special about this B&B.
From the rooms to the food, everything about our stay here was comfortable, relaxing, and just down-home friendly.
The main room has a roaring fireplace that keeps it very cozy even through the coldest winter months. There are quality space-heaters in every room, and waking up to hot coffee and Gail's fantastic cooking after a restful sleep really sets the tone for the day.
As far as location goes, it dosent get any better. The historical Cloudcroft strip is literally right across the street, and a short walk in the other direction lies the beautiful Lodge golf course. I don't play but my husband does, and walking/riding the course makes for breath-taking scenery in the hills and pines.
Long story longer, we just loved the Crofting!
A truly wonderful experience and highly recommended.

---Jennifer H

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer H
Abilene, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

My wife and I are here at the Crofting Inn, and it's like something out of a dream. There's just something about being around other people who are family-oriented, Christian, and people-loving that makes you feel right at home.

First of all, the location is great. You can basically walk anywhere in town! My wife and I, being animal lovers, love Penny. She's so sweet, and it's definitely not something I'd have expected!

The house is soooo cozy. Books, something ALWAYS cooking, and family/kids everywhere. Having never been to a B&B before, it's more than I had expected. Our room is huge, with a King-Sized bed, night stand, dresser, sink, microwave, heater(just in case), and a balcony! Adorned in all kinds of horse/cowboy stuff, it was just like being back in Texas :)

We have one more night left, and I'm already trying to figure out the next time we can come down! Thank you Scott and Gail for everything, and God bless.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Aaron C
Geronimo, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

The Crofting Inn is lovely. Yes, they say prayers before breakfast which we loved and no the rooms aren't cleaned daily. But, it is so homey, and comfortable and family friendly it is worth it. The breakfast is wonderful. Scott and Gayle were very gracious. We were also surprised by the no alcohol policy, so you need to know that in advance. It is decorated so wonderfully and is is quaint. We plan to go back. Also, our kids loved sledding in the snow and Scott let them use his sleds. They also had fun playing board games by the fireplace. They are very kid friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jeri H
LAS CRUCES
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

This place is located just 3 blocks from town. You can easily walk to Burro Ave. The breakfast was great -- blueberry muffins, 2 kinds of quiche, homemade wheat bread, cherries, juice, coffee, cereal and more. They only offered whole milk for cereal and didn't have decaf coffee. We had one of the two upstairs back rooms, which are quiet. The one with the Texas theme (#4) is nice, with a tub and shower in the bathroom. The bed is located under the slanting roof on two sides, so be careful not to bump your head if you are tall. There was a microwave and small sink, plus popcorn and cocoa supplied. There was no hair dryer supplied, so bring your own. The room has a balcony facing the woods. Indeed, all rooms have balconies and microwaves. This street has lots of houses next to one another, so the webpage photo is a bit misleading. No facial tissues were supplied and no bar soap, just liquid soap, so if you like bar soap, bring your own. The owners are very pleasant. The price is right, just under $100 for two for one night. We would stay again.

Room Tip: If you like it quiet, ask for a room upstairs in the back that faces the woods.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ANNIE S
Edgewood, NM
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

The Crofting Inn has real potential. The couple that run the place are very friendly.I thought the blessing at breakfast was very sweet, we all need blessings. The breakfast was very good, but cold on both days. They should invest in some chafing dishes and sterno. The wall paper in our room was peeling, the flowers were plastic. Our room was never straightened or the trash emptied. The snow had not been cleared from the front so parking and walking were difficult. The snow wasn't cleared either from our balcony,so we couldn't use it. They didn't give us the code to get in until the second day despite asking. We were locked out for two hours! No tour. I did love the never empty plate of chocolate chip cookies. The bed was extemely comfortable. Just a little attention to details would make this a great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank newmexjags
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloudcroft
Cloudcroft Hotel
Hampton Inn Alamogordo
Hampton Inn Alamogordo
#3 of 13 in Alamogordo
Fairfield Inn & Suites Alamogordo

Been to The Crofting Inn? Share your experiences!