“Simply not to be missed ”

Rebecca's At The Lodge
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Cloudcroft
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Cuisines: Southwestern, European
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

The food is fantastic! I would recommend the Chateaubriand and the 6 course meal for 2 people (minimum). It was the best we have had. Prepared tableside for the meat. For breakfast, the eggs Benedict is great. The lodge and restaurant are one of New Mexico's hidden secrets.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Wife and I were traveling thru area and had made a reservation for Sunday dinner. We arrived earlier than expected but that proved no problem and we were seated by the windows at a very nice table. Turn of the century elegance environment set the stage for an outstanding meal. Started with the chilli rellanos for me and a sweet potato bisque for the wife followed by a very generous ruby red trout and pork chop entrees , both done perfectly and absolutely delicious. Unlike other reviewers, our server and the other staff were attentive to our needs , helpful and honest with their suggestions , and only added to the fine experience. A homemade tiramisu did not disappoint for desert. Prices were very reasonable for both quality and quantity provided. All around wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We weren't disappointed as usual. Food and service was great. No waiting since we had reservations. They were very busy but well organized.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Our family attended a weekend long event and ate all of our meals buffet style. Each meal was prepared for families, including small children.

One night our dessert was apple pie that ended up having tiny pieces of peanuts in the topping.

I have never heard of having a peanut topping on apple pie. Thankfully, my son, who is highly allergic noticed after eating only a few bites.

When I asked the server to confirm this with the chef, he complied. And there WERE peanuts present.

The hotel nor restaurant carries an Epipen on site and did NOT have the dessert labeled as having peanuts in it.

I was a little disappointed that more caution wasn't exercised when providing a meal and dessert that included a large number of children. Peanut allergies are common and potentially dangerous. A little warning would have been helpful.

Thankfully, our son did not react.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

The service was great, but the food was very overpriced for what it was. I'm a vegetarian, and my friend is die-hard meat eater. There were few vegetarian options. I wound up getting the alfredo, which, for $20 dollars, should have been made with home-made pasta, but it was Barilla all the way. My friend had to tear apart her steak just to find meat under the fat deposits. The Caesar salad was great - made right at the table - and our water glasses never dry, but other than that, nothing to be impressed by. The brunch was similarly lack luster. The potatoes were like flavorless hockey pucks.