“Alternative to Leal's?” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 90 Restaurants in Clovis
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Abilene
“Alternative to Leal's?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

Normally, when I'm in Muleshoe, TX or Clovis, NM, I go to Leal's and have never been disappointed. This time, I decided to see why Taqueria Jalisco got a better rating. I'm not sure how Leal's is currently doing since I haven't been there in Clovis for over a year, but Taqueria Jalisco deserves a "very good" rating. The rice and beans were tasty, the salsa had plenty of heat, and the Enchiladas Verdes were good, if not great. They are covered with more queso blanco than green tomatillo sauce (I would have preferred more sauce). The décor is a kind of 50's diner style -- clean. Wait staff was friendly and attentive. I think more locals than tourists eat here, but that is probably due to the location.

• Visited May 2013

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Couldn't stay away !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

Just spent 9 days on business in Clovis, New Mexico and when I got there did the usual research on where to eat and Taqueria Jalisco kept coming up, so I gave it a try. I was so pleased with it in every aspect that I went back three more times! The food is very well prepared and they don't mind substituting items, such as Charro Beans instead of Refried Beans. I ate from the House Specials selection - Carne Asada, Carne Adobada, Chile Relleno (with a portion of Chorozo that was not on the menu) and Carne a la Tampequena - all very good. I did want to try Espigo de Oro also but it has some odd opening hours.

• Visited April 2013
Clovis, New Mexico
“We really liked this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2012

Haven't eaten here in a while because we found a couple of other places we like better, but it is a good place to go and get a good meal in clovis for sure!!!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Brittany A
Clovis, New Mexico
“Super delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

There was more food on my plate than I could eat, and it was so good. My husband couldn't even finish his lunch that day, nor could our kids, and we were all still full by dinner time.

Visited April 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Mexican at a Fair Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

We have eaten at this restaurant many times and it is consistently good across the board - food and service. The waitstaff are well trained and know the menu. We know we can count on a wonderful meal, fair prices and no mixups each time we go there. It is clean and well kept and hassle free. Well done!

• Visited October 2012