Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clovis
US$42
US$40
US$126
US$120
All reviewscinnamon rollsstayed hereother hotelsroom was cleannice hotelfront desk staff was very helpfulroad constructionnice stayhot tubbiscuits and gravydefinitely stay here againomeletking bedyogurteggstrain trackshie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This is my home town and I hadn't been back there in many years. There are many motels/hotels on the edge of town, but it's worth the extra money to stay away from the busy highway and noisy train tracks. Pros: Nice employees at reception and breakfast buffet, very clean room, refrigerated air in hallways and main hotel areas, great breakfast, easy check in/out, comfortable bed. Cons: Wanted to check in at 1 p.m. but room wasn't ready (wanted to get my makeup and toiletries out of the 104+ heat), but had to wait until 3 p.m. Surprised to see that room had a noisy, old school, window-mounted AC/heating unit. Why not just run the refrigerated air into the rooms too? Be sure to stop by Tracy's store about 1/4 mile north from hotel. Amazing home decor, clothing, jewelry and yard art. I'd have taken home much more, but my car was too small.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Andrea W, Operation Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clovis, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear JKDinNM,

What a great reason for a trip. It is always nice to visit a place where we grew up or used to live. Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express and for your kind words about our employees and the service they deliver. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast in the morning. Please accept our sincerest apology for the issue that you experienced with the noise of the AC in the room while with us. We understand that AC problems can lead to a restless night, opposite of what we wish for our guests. I can guarantee you that Engineering is addressing this problem.
We are looking forward to seeing you again and to another opportunity to serve you when you return to Clovis.
Thank you for your review, and the valuable input.

Andrea W.
Operations Manager

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Stay here once or twice a year. Staff and facilities are very good. Clean and quiet room. Proximate to restaurants. However. . . .the pool and spa are ATROCIOUS! The pool water was so mirky you couldn't see the steps. Turned on the spa, which was yellowish, and it looked like someone's washing machine with mounds of scummy suds. Really, if you're going to spend the money for a nice amenity, the least you can do is keep it clean. I'd be amazed if someone doesn't get sick. I like a swim and a dip in the spa after a long drive, but it just wasn't possible.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clovis, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Tom H,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I am pleased to know that you found our staff and facilities very good. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the inconvenience the cleanliness of the pool and spa may have caused you. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We use Holiday Inn Express a lot when on the road and this was one of the better ones. The desk clerk was extremely helpful, the room was clean and well maintained and the breakfast was warm and tasteful. Other than the evening dust storm, our stay was a great experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Still a clean little place to sleep. Food service has dropped down somewhat. Seems as if the intent of saving money has moved management in purchasing the cheapest plastic eating ware. Forks and spoons actually melt when used in any item that has heat within. Food is typical small hotels, either frozen or from a can. After several days this food is not "exciting" at all. Pancake machine is a God send! Coffee is extremely weak. They have 6 coffee dispensers, but all have the same weak coffee in them.
Staff has changed and is still friendly and accomodating, house is still very clean and beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: Top floor reccomended. Noise filters through ceiling and walls.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clovis, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear jenkstrojanfan,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff and cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding food service and selection. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 26 January 2013

Upon arrival, after a 6 1/2 hour drive, the young lady at the fron desk was extremely sweet and pleasant. She was most accomodating to get me in my room and made sure if I needed anything all I had to do was ask. I asked if coffee would be available by 5-6 each morning since I was to leave out for meetings each day by then. The young lady said she would make sure there was coffee ready in the dining area.....and she did! The staff went above and beyond and it was much appreciated. I got to the room and it was absolutely one of the cleanest rooms I have stayed in. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was spacious and clean. I was in this hotel for 5 days and each evening upon returning to the hotel, I was greeted at the door by a friendly face, smile and a cheerful hello. The snacks provided each evening in the lobby was much welcomed. I cannot express how friendly and accomodating the staff is at this hotel. Overall, this is a fabulously clean, comfortable, new place to stay, a great location and the nicest staff I have ever experienced on travel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business