“Super staff!”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Clovis
Santa Barbara, California
“Super staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

The hotel itself was pretty much what we expected. Rooms were modern, nice, and clean, as were the common areas. Breakfast was good. What made the difference was was the staff, from the manager to housekeepers. We had a frustrating problem with an online-booking site concerning our reservation which could not be rectified on the phone. The hotel manager quickly resolved the situation to our complete satisfaction. During our 3-day stay, we were always warmly greeted upon entering the lobby. In short, very satisfactory accommodations and super staff!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Amelie W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clovis, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Daniel,

Greetings from the Fairfield Inn & Suites here in Clovis, NM! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I recall your particular situation and I'm glad we were able to resolve it for you. Our staff is genuinely concerned about all of our guest stays and want you to have the best experience possible. I'm glad that we were able to provide that for you! As part of the Marriott brand, we enjoy all feedback from guests, good and bad, so that we are able to better accommodate you in the future. Due to all the amazing feedback, we will be upgrading our hot breakfast in April to include sausage and eggs in addition to our famous, fresh Belgian waffles!

Thank you for your review and we hope to see you and your family again soon!

Kind Regards,
Amelie Williams | General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Waldorf, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012 via mobile

This is my second visit for business and its clean and the staff are nice and friendly. I had no problem with the water pressure, per one of the other comments. But I agree, that the towels are rough, but I'm only here for two nights and that is such a minor concern. I would highly recommend this hotel. Breakfast is served, although I only had coffee, which was ok. I like the fact that they left me a note stating, that because I left the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door they respected my privacy and if I needed anything, since housekeeping was gone for the day, to call Guest Services and noted the date and time.....nice touch.

Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Albuquerque, NM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

I get to Clovis once or twice a year and was so happy when the cluster of hotels on the north side of town were built. By all means, avoid the hotels along Route 60/84/70. The trains come though all night, in the summer you can smell the stockyards and the locals like to use them for party pads.

I find the staff here to be nice, the rooms are clean and comfortable and all have large bathrooms, refrigerators and microwaves. The last part is nice for me as I usually stay 2-3 nights at a time. There are nearby restaurants and I always have leftovers to re-heat. Do remember that you can not buy package goods in Clovis on Sunday, so stock up.

The breakfast is not huge by any standard, but there is plenty to choose from. Just as a tip, I get the egg biscuit from the refrigerator and remove the biscuit. I toast a fresh English muffin and nuke the egg part. Then I put it on the muffin. Much better than the nasty biscuit.

My only complaint is that the TV in the breakfast area is constantly tuned to FOX news, which after a while becomes quite tedious.

As for the rates, I can not figure out why these hotels all hover around the $100 / night range in this part of town, but they do. Do ask for weekend and AAA rates and you will save 10-20% here. There are the occasional events at Canon Air Force Base that fill the local hotels, so book in advance if you can.

Room Tip: Rooms along Prince Street may have a bit of road noise, but the rooms away from the street get the e...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank BLDTraveler
Milledgeville, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

This motel was nice and clean but the water left you feeling like the soap was still on your body. The water I suppose was too soft.
Also the towels were rough as sandpaper and I mean rough. Drying your body was like scrapping your skin. I don't know if it was the way they dried them or the soap they use.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

Stayed here on route to Colorado from Texas. I selected this hotel due to other reviews and glad I did! Easy to get in and out of this hotel. Glad it was away from main drag with noise and RR tracks. Comfortable bed and clean room. The staff is helpful and accommodating. There was a strange smell in this part of town, but it did not affect my stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Liked being on higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

We were here one night on Memorial Day weekend and they were unable to let us check in early since they were short staffed in housekeeping but were very pleasant and helpful about everything. I enjoyed the hot tub immensely but the pool was rather small and there was zero landscaping around it and the A/C units for the property are located right next to the pool area which made for a less than relaxing atmosphere. Bed was very comfy and overral we enjoyed our 1 night stay and would stay here again in the winter but may try another property on this side of town when we want to swim with family.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

As we entered Clovis we were a little afraid of what we might find. The town looked a little rougher than we were accustomed to. The hotel was about 3 miles off the main drag, which was a good thing. There we found a well-maintained Fairfield in a nice, safe area with several restaurants and stores nearby.

The front desk staff was very friendly and struck up a short conversation with my girls about the Minecraft game they were playing.

The room was ready on time, clean, and everything worked. Air conditioner ran all night by itself. The gym had new equipment with built in TVs on each machine. We enjoyed our visit and plan to make it a regular stop in the future.

The other hotels we saw were right on the main drag and much older than the Fairfield.

Room Tip: Rooms in back have a bright light, curtains blocked it out. Try for room in front of hotel (same sid...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family