“Clean rooms, great staff”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Clovis
Arlington, Texas
“Clean rooms, great staff”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The internet here is not for people who are travelling on business and need to have a solid connection. Pets accepted which is great for me. Though I wish this hotel was on the other side of town near wal-mart, this hotel is definitely the best on mabry- i trust the beds to be clean every time and its a new building. they asked me to review them.. they dont have many on here, and i don't know why because half the time i try booking, they are pretty filled up. It was nice chatting with the three clerks training at the desk on my last stay- the manager made some fresh coffee just for me and my coworkers

Room Tip: Ask for a two bedroom suite if you need 2 beds... so much privacy
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Beth M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Mr. G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and for your kind words. We certainly appreciate your business and loyalty. Guest satisfaction is our main priority, and I will be forwarding your comments to the appropriate departments so that we can use your review to improve upon ourselves. We are so glad to have had the opportunity to serve you, and hope to see you again on your next trip to Clovis!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I started staying here after getting a nasty room over at Days Inn. Stay here every once in a while on my way to Albuquerque. Always clean but the Internet is slow. Always checked in by Adrian or Beth, always get the room I want when I remember to call ahead and ask. They've always been great about letting me check in early if I need to, but that might just be because I am an elite choice. Never any bacon at breakfast. Overall a nice and quiet hotel and professional staff.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Matthew M
Beth M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to review us, and for your repeated business! I will be passing your comments on to the appropriate departments so that we can use your review to improve our service for future guests. We sincerely appreciate you choosing Comfort Inn & Suites time and again, as we are aware you have many hotel options to choose from in Clovis. We hope to see you again on your next trip to town, and hope you have a wonderful remainder of summer!
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I got to know Adrian Megan and beth over the last few months staying there and all three are very professional employees I sat in the lobby on occasion to just relax and seen each one serve and go beyond to help there customers I also read other reviews on this hotel and I totally disagree with other reviews that were negative some customers can never be happy or pleased this comfort inn is top notch

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John G
Beth M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Mr. Garland,

Thank you so much for your review and your repeated business. We always love having you here, and I will be sure to share your comments with my entire staff. I hope you have a wonderful week, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The front desk concierge, Adrian, was very helpful with various dinner recommendation in Clovis. Overall we had a pleasant experience during our one night stay on our way to Durango, CO. Another nice bonus is that Comfort Suites gives a choice of firm and soft pillows on the bed. Cozy idea!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Michele68P
Beth M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Michele,

Thank you so much for reviewing us. I'm glad Adrian was helpful to you while searching for the perfect restaurant in Clovis. We love being able to offer our guests both firm and soft pillows, because no one pillow is perfect for everyone! I hope your trip to Durango was wonderful and that you will visit us again on your next trip to Clovis, New Mexico.
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed 12 July 2014

There is NO WAY that the bad reviews that some of these other people have posted could be for this wonderful hotel. I actually manage a hotel myself (actually one of Comfort Inn's competitors. Would have stayed at my own brand but they were booked:(turned out to be a decision I definitely do NOT regret:) ) and am pretty picky at times because I know what to expect. When I arrived the property around the hotel was nicely maintained, grass cut, and there was no trash in the parking lot. I walked in and was greeted by the most polite young man, Adrian. The check in process was quick and smooth, like it should be. He was very knowledgeable about the hotel and surrounding area and suggested a fantastic restaurant, Leal's which was only half a mile down the road. The other hotel staff were just as great, but I feel Adrian stood out making it one of the best hotel stays I've had in a long time. The room itself was clean and pristine, like it should be. All of the hotel amenities were in working order and clean. Being the manager of a hotel (a competitor's brand at that lol) I was really trying to find something to fault but couldn't. If I had to though, i don't know, maybe the coffee was too hot, if that's even possible lol. I must give credit where it's due, and this hotel and staff are due. I work at a hotel with about 300 rooms and run into people DAILY looking for something for free. People embellish stories all the time. It's a shame more people don't use tripadvisor when their stay is perfect, people are quicker to complain than to congratulate. Then again this hotel has 35 very average to excellent reviews and only 13 poor to terrible. I don't know if these other people came in with unrealistic expectations of what a hotel is, were having a bad day, are trying to get a free room, reviewed the wrong hotel, or are just plain crazy, but the next time I come to town I will be staying here again, just don't tell my boss lol. Keep up the Excellent work!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy G
Beth M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Amy,

Thank you so much for taking time to review us. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority, so I am glad to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations. Our housekeeping team works as hard as possible to make sure that each room is spotless each day. Adrian is a valued member of our team, and I will be sure to pass your kind words on to him as well as the rest of our staff. We truly hope that you will stay again, even if your boss doesn't like it !
Emporia, Kansas
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We made reservations to stay at the motel for a week, while visiting family in the area. We had 6 people in our party and booked the King/Queen Suite, which was a king bed, queen bed, and a pull out couch that was a queen pull out. When we arrived and went to room the queen pull out was actually a twin. Went to front desk, and the guy working informed us that we were wrong. I ask him to please come down and look at it. Informed me that he was NOT walking down to the room because it was a waste of time because he had already told me that it was a queen pull out. Went back to the room laid the pull out on the queen bed and went back to get the front desk guy. Demanded he come to room and prove his thoughts in the room. He rudely grabbed his keys and headed to the room complaining that he had work there for a year and that it was a queen pull out and that I needed to get over it. When he walked into the room and saw that it was a queen, he informed me that well that's to bad, all I know is what I'm told and that there hasn't been one complaint about it before we arrived. So I ask for bedding for it. Guess what NO bedding for a twin bed in the motel. Ask for a roll away to make up for the non queen mattress. Will he would have to charge me for the week for it. Said no I need it free so I have a space for a kid who was to be sharing the queen pull out that is a twin. Said he would call the manager and see. He took the phone around the corner seconds later said to bad he doesn't answer and that he would charge my account until he heard back from his manager. Told him for the money I would go to another motel. Seconds later he is in our room with a free roll away, but NO bedding to fit it because its a twin. Six people in the room and only given 4 sets of towels a day. Would have to go to front desk nightly to get towels and they always questioned why I needed more towels. Most nights they didn't have ANY towels to give us. Never any towels for the pool--always were out and could of cared less. House keeping would knock on our door every morning by 8am asking for any dirty towels(REALLY). One night had to go back 3 different times to get sets of towels. At midnight the lady told me they were in the dryer and I could go get them myself. Said what, she said just go through that door and they are in the dryer around the corner. So we went into THEIR laundry room and shut the dryer off and got our own towels at 12:15AM. The light in the pool area was not working for at least 2 nights. Told the front desk lady about it being dark in the pool room. Said there was nothing she could do about it and sat in her chair at the computer. WAS THIS A SAFETY HAZZARD???This motel is a complete mess when it comes to customer service. The young man that was working the 2p-10:30p shift needs to be fired immediately.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jenny M
Jenny,

On behalf of my entire staff, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your experience is not a typical one here at Comfort Inn & Suties, and there is no excuse for you leaving our property so unhappy. I will be using your review for training and coaching of my staff, and to ensure that future guests do not have similar experiences. Our maintenance man has changed the pool lights timer and I have communicated to my staff that our pull-out couches are full-sized, not queen-sized. I will be sure to pass your review along to my general manager and other appropriate departments. We hope that you will give us another chance to impress you by staying with us if you are ever again in Clovis. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at beth.mello@aol.com for further discussion about your stay.
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Horrible customer service! We reserved a 2 night stay, but wound up staying only one night. First when I checked out the front desk person asked me to write down my e-mail address so she could e-mail me my receipt because the system was down. Then, upon checkout I was told since I paid with cash I could not be refunded immediately, but rather would have to wait up to 2 weeks for a check to be issued and mailed out to me. I asked to speak to a manager because I specifically asked if this would be an issue when I checked in. The girl who checked me in told me as long as I checked out Sat. by 11 I would be refunded for the night I was not staying. The front desk clerk called a manager and told me the manager said she could not make an exception just for me, that I would need to wait to have a check issued and mailed out to me from accounting. I requested to speak with the manager. The front desk clerk called the female manager again and told me she's not coming down here but you can talk to her on the phone and handed me the telephone. The female manager told me I would have to wait for accounting , who does not work on weekends, and she could not make an exception just for me. So I asked the female manager if there was a manager above her, if so, I would like to speak with him. She said yes there was a General Manager above her and she would give him a call then call back. The female manager called back and said she spoke with gm and he would not make an exception for me either that I would have to wait. I told the female manager again I want to speak with the GM myself. She said she would call and have him call the hotel. The female manager called back a few minutes later and spoke with the front desk clerk. My husband and I are sitting there while the clerk is rambling on the phone. The clerk said, "yah I know. I already told them and they don't listen and I'm not coming up short on my drawer etc...." The front desk lady then turned and told me the female manager said she could not get a hold of the GM, but left him a message. The way to front desk clerk was talking about us on the phone was not only rude, but very unprofessional. The female manager was also very unprofessional in the way she handled herself on the phone and by refusing to speak with me in person. I told the front desk clerk I was not leaving with out a receipt and something showing me I was owed a refund. The front desk clerk said she could print me out a receipt. So I asked her, "I thought you said your system was down?" The clerk said, "No, I never said that I said my computer is really slow so I would just e-mail you the receipt." Anyhow, she printed me out my receipt, which did not take over a few seconds so the slow computer explanation made absolutely no sense to me. The receipt showed I was refunded the second day. I told the clerk, "Ok, you gave me a receipt, however it shows that I was refunded the 2nd day and I have not been. She told me, "Well that means we will mail you out a check." No where on the receipt did It state that. I told the front desk clerk I need something in writing stating I am due a refund and a check would be mailed out to me. The front desk clerk hand wrote that on my receipt but did not sign her name. She was not wearing a name tag so I asked her for her name. She rudely responded with "Rene". "Rene" took my name and number and said she would leave it with the GM so he could call me first thing Monday. I called the GM Monday morning. My name and number were taken and I was told by whoever answered the phone, that he would call me back later. I did not hear from the GM Mon. or Tues. so I called again today (Wed.). The lady who answered asked who was calling. I told her my name. She put me on hold and came back on the line and asked if I was calling about my refund. I said, yes, I was. She said. The GM said to tell you he already requested your refund through corporate and it can take up to 7 to 10 days for you to receive it. That is 4 times I reached out to the GM and he has refused to talk to me. I finally called corporate after he refused to speak with me today and they are now handling my issue. Corporate pulled up my folio and said it didn't make any sense to him why they did that. He attempted to call the GM while on the phone with me, but got his voice mail. Hopefully they are able to get this straightened out for me. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE @ this hotel!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family