“You Have To Stop If You Drive Through Clovis”
Review of Juanito's

Juanito's
Ranked #17 of 93 Restaurants in Clovis
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My sister was moving from California to Austin, Texas and I was helping her drive. It was dinner time so we were looking for a good place to stop. There were a couple of Yelp reviewed places that were rated a little higher. We looked at them and then decided on Juanito's.

We were so glad we did. Coming from Southern California and growing up in a Mexican neighborhood (all my friends were Mexican and proud of it), I think I know Mexican food fairly well.

Juanito's is very good Mexican food. The prices were good and the there was a lot of food. They served us some of the best salsa I have had at a restaurant. When my carnitas plate arrived, they gave me another tomotia salsa that went so well with the carnitas. The home made flour tortillas were great.

They have a bar so you can get several types of beer. Their Margaritas are wine based. I did not have one but they looked good.

If you happen to be driving through Clovis, NM, I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My husband & I had dinner here a few nights ago. I ordered taco & enchilada & the taco was good but the enchilada was nothing but a corn tortilla with a little hamburger. I ordered red sauce, There was so little if any I could not find it. Truth of the matter is it was not good!!! The rest of the plate was covered with a big blob of rice & beans.
My husband had fajitas & they were not good. I don't know if we hit a bad night but we will not be back. We are from Texas & we know good Mexican food but this sure did not qualify.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Juanito's is one of the two favorite Mexican Food places in Clovis NM. It isn't real Mexican fare, it is Tex-Mex, but that's what people in Eastern NM like. My favorite is the stuffed sopapilla with pork - and a scoop of guacamole. Very filling and tasty. You can have a beer or a fake margarita to go along with it. Most of the staff has served there for years, so they are really on top of their game.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Hadn’t eaten here in a while and so glad we did. Excellent, prompt and friendly service. Chips served with a yummy salsa, spicy but not overwhelming. I thoroughly enjoyed the Stuffed Poblano and my husband’s request for the Friday special on a Saturday was accommodated without question. They were very busy with a number of take out orders being picked up as well. Our tab, with one beer, was only $25. Would definitely recommend and plan to return.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

A group of us stopped here for lunch after our business meeting. The place was crowded but we did not have to wait long to be seated. The chips and salsa were brought to our table quickly. I had the stuffed sopapillia and it was delicious. It came with beans and choice of red or green chili. I had the green and it was wonderful.

Been to Juanito's? Share your experiences!