“Excellent Value and Clean Too”

Days Inn & Suites Clovis
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Clovis
Montgomery, Texas
“Excellent Value and Clean Too”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We stopped at the Days Inn and Suites in Clovis on our way to Colorado. We were surprised by the great price for our clean and spacious room. Yes, it is a bit dated, but if you are looking for a good place to stay, look no further. The staff was friendly, they had a nice pool and game room area. The breakfast was extremely generous. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank texansteve

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Rio Rancho
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on many weekdays as we completed a project in Clovis. This was over a several month period from January 2012 to June 2012.
For all the places to stay on Mabry, this one offers the best for the price. The rooms both smoking and non, have been very clean every single day I was there. The bed was comfortable which is important when working long and exhausting days. There is minor repairs that are needed here and there in the rooms and lobby but no big deal really. I found the courtyard and fountains to be particularly relaxing.
There was one Friday where I booked some rooms for several of us that would be there Sunday night. I could tell that when she answered the phone she was busy. When we got there after our travel Sunday, the same person, Jeanette, already had all of our receipts and keys ready and it took a total of 6 minutes for her to get all six of us our rooms. That is excellent service if you ask me.
The morning front desk help is a bit on the unfriendly and cold side depending on who it is that is there. I am not sure what is up with that.
The biggest reason why I have come back is because of the person who takes care of the breakfast, Charlotte. She is the kindest person of the whole place. The breakfast is always hot and on time. This adds a huge value to the stay. Her happy demeanor and competent ways helps set the mood for the entire day. If I were to open a hotel somewhere, she would be the first I would hire.
There is a fun bar inside the lobby area but no restaurant. Internet connection is kind of a pain but for the most part it works.
If you go to Clovis, I would say this place is a good deal.

Room Tip: All the rooms were good.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Clovis
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I have stayed here many times for extended periods.The staff always does everything possible to make my stay very comfortible. The rooms are clean and any problems are taken care of promtly.

Room Tip: courtyard rooms
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Sulphur Springs, Texas
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I'm a traveling salesman and I have the option to stay at many Hotel's, I have tried several in the Clovis aresa but none bring me back Like the Day's Inn and Suites of Clovis.
There Staff is freindly, courtious and very knowledgeable about the area & reseraunts.
The rooms and Hotel are always clean. Where else can you go where the owner himself checks you in and see's to your every need? That would be Clovis Day's Inn and Siutes of Clovis. All my colleagues now stay here as well. Thanks to all at the Day's Inn and Siutes of Clovis

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the court yard open your door to fresh air
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark G
Mansfield, TX
Reviewed 8 July 2011

This appears to be the former Holiday Inn. It is a fairly large property and has undergone major renovation. The comfortable room was fairly small and the door occasionally made a weird whistling noise. We weren't bothered by the trains going by across the street. The indoor pool was very nice, and the outside area with the waterfall, etc. was great. The breakfast was better than average, but I could have done without the signs telling me not to remove food from the breakfast area. If I were in the area, I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TxMusicTraveler
Clovis, New Mexico
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Days Inn & Suites was the headquarters & host hotel for the Miss Rodeo New Mexico Pageant. I did not actually stay there but was a driver for the judges that did. When they checked out, one judge had forgotten her name badge in her room. ISince we were at lunch at the time, I immediately called & Ted Sandoval, the manager, answered. He had staff check her room & called me back right away. He said the judge had also left her fruit basket & asked if she wanted that as well. When I went to the front desk, he handed me both. He was so kind & helpful. I really appreciate people like that! I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to stay in Clovis.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business