“The best in Columbus, New Mexico” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Martha's Place Hotel

Martha's Place Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Columbus B&B and Inns
Cincinnati, Ohio
“The best in Columbus, New Mexico”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Martha's is clean, comfortable, friendly and nicely decorated. I was happy that the rooms were not heavily sprayed with air fresheners because I have allergies. This is more like and bed and breakfast ~ I would recommend this to anyone traveling through Columbus

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
seattle washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

We really liked this place and found the history of the town just fascinating. Martha has twice been the mayor and knows all 227 people in this border town. Her son told us all about the gun-running smuggling of the former mayor and police chief! He also directed us to the local hippie commune that resonated to my Sixties heritage. Great breakfast and good folks.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Columbus, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

I have stayed here several times as a guest, eaten here many times, and drank the best "Fancy Coffees" (Lattes like Starbux, Espressos, Cappacinos, Hot/Cold Anyway you want them) Many more times. If you are looking for a real B&B away from all the woes of the world & affordable, This is the place to take a break for a weekend, or longer. Like being at home, only better. Visit Columbus, NM sometime & check it out. Comfy Beds, Clean Rooms, Free Wifi, Satellite TV w/a zillon channels, but most of all, PEACE & QUIET!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank PJP88029-klee
Dauphin Island, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We were staying at the State park in our Motorhome. Went to Martha's place for breakfast. The owners son was doing the cooking. Great food, & just in general, a fun place. Met & talked with most all the other people in the place. I was on a cross country bike ride, & everyone was curious. The son, sorry, I forget the name helped me out with a tip for syncing my phone to computer for pictures in my journal. Most grateful. If we're ever back in the car we'll stay with them. Many people stay, & visit Mexico for eye, & dental procedures.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank dwdawg
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

Clean and friendly. Martha & Juan (proprietors) also live there, and their son made breakfast, which was good and filling. They don't serve dinner - I bought food as the grocery store 1/4 mi east of the B&B

Room Tip: I had a queen-sized bed on the second floor, similar to profile pic
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank bernieschmidt
visalia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2007

I have stayed at Martha's place many times.And I have never felt more at home at a B&B.In fact on all of my trips thruogh Columbus I am carrying oversize tanks.Martha and javier have always provided me a secure place to park my equipment.All of the drivers that work for me have stayed there and loved it.They ask me once in a while when can they go back to Martha's.I realy feel like a family member when I'm there.I would highly recomend Martha's to all you weary travelers,truck drivers,law enforcement personal,couples,singles,bikers,and vacationers.If you want a comfortable room,and a twilight zone trip to the old west then you must stay at Martha's.If you are country at heart you'll love it there.You may not enjoy yourself if you are a city person.Nathan Dotson Definite Transport & Tanks.Visalia Ca.

• Liked — great bed,shower,food
  • Disliked — tv reception
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank definite007
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2006

I have stayed at Martha's place several times and hope to stay many more times. It is clean, friendly and relaxing. Javier and Martha are wonderful inkeepers, with lots of wonderful stories to tell about Columbus and it's surroundings.
Breakfests are simple and you can eat in your PJ's if you so desire.
I highly recommend Marth'a place and I promise you won't be disapointed.

Stayed June 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Martha's Place Hotel? Share your experiences!